Super Heroes

Batman.

“Jacob,” Lindsey smiled, as she buttered the slice of bread she’d cut for lunch. “Would you like to go to the park again after dinner?”

“Yes peas!” The little boy grinned, not taking his eyes off his Batman action figure that was momentarily busy trying to stop Spiderman climbing up the leg of the kitchen table.

“Oh no!” Jacob squealed in a girl’s voice, “Help! Help! I’m Spiderman, and Batman catched me!”

Dropping the Batman figure onto the table, he picked up an Iron Man, and swooped it down, making the noise of the wind.

“I am Iron Man! Don’t worry! I will save you!”

Lindsey laughed to herself, and pressed the sandwich together. Pushing a packet of crisps onto the plate before giving it to Jacob and hiding the action figures behind the toaster so he wouldn’t get distracted while he was eating.

“Eat up, Jacob. Then we’ll go.”

Lindsey busied herself cleaning up the kitchen so she’d be ready as soon as the boy had finished eating. Normally, she delayed going to the park. She liked being here in the safety of his own home and often worried that he’d fall over or run off. Despite how good he always was. This time, though, Gerard was going to be there.

As she walked through into the hallway, Jacob was already pushing his feet into his shoes, his mouth still full of food. She smiled at his eagerness and pushed his jacket into her bag, in case it got cold later on. Slipping her feet into her boots, Lindsey took the boys hand and they walked to the park – both grinning from ear to ear.

Instead of running off to join his friends like he normally did, Jacob ran over to Gerard who was sitting underneath the tree. Lindsey felt her heart miss a beat. There was a boy sitting under her tree, an utterly gorgeous boy, with raven black hair and mysterious hazel eyes. There was a boy sitting under her tree who shared her passion for art, and the boy under the tree was officially hers.

As she approached, Lindsey could hear Jacob telling Gerard how Spiderman escaped from the evil Batman this morning, with help only from Iron Man. Gerard was laughing along with him, but glanced over his shoulder to meet Lindsey’s eyes. His face lit up, and as she sat down beside him, he leaned over and gave her a small kiss.

“Ew!” Jacob whined, covering his eyes. “You’re not ‘llowed to do that until you got girlfriend!”

Lindsey laughed, and glanced at Gerard through the corner of her eye before explaining the situation to the boy. He eyed up Gerard menacingly for a moment, before pulling a superhero pose.

“Well. Mister, I am Batman, and if you hurt Lindsey, I am going to kill you.”

Lindsey was shocked, and flattered at the same time. She looked at Gerard, with wonder in her eyes and he smiled at her. Gerard took her hand, and kissed her knuckles; Jacob grimaced but kept his eyes on him expectantly.

“Guess what, Jacob?” Gerard grinned, “I’m Superman. And I’m not going to let Lois Lane here get hurt.”

“Good.” Jacob, pleased, ran off to join Josh on the swings. They watched his retreating back, and as he glanced back, they waved together.

“You’re such a nerd.” Lindsey grinned, turning to look at her boyfriend, getting lost in his golden copper eyes.

He smiled at her, and closed the distance between him. Lindsey hitched a breath, and then he kissed her. His arms wrapped around her body subconsciously, she melted into his frame, their lips still attached.

“Yeah,” He agreed when he pulled away from her, resting his forehead on hers. “But you love it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My first Ger-Z. I hope it's okay ^_^
xx