What would an escaped killer want from ME?!?

Chapter 2

It had been five minutes since I turned off the direct path to my house. I was on a dirt road, surrounded by thousand of trees. There was no civilization on this road. I knew that for a fact. The closest house was still about ten minutes away. I couldn't help but think that if the man in the car behind me got me to slow down more, or even pull over, no one would know. No one would hear my screams. Another tear fought free of the barrier I had put up and ran down my cheek. There was another series of beeps and flashes of light. I looked in my rear view mirror and it calmed down again. I picked up my cell phone and punched in Bill's number again.

"Bill," I started into the phone before he even had a chance to finish his 'hello', "Can I go home now?"

"look, I'm sorry but," I knew what he was going to say. There's some kind of delay and I'm not going to make it home. The creep is going to kill me. The thought caused a fresh spring of tears to fall from my eyes, "There was a delay. We need you to keep driving for about half an hour."

"Bill….. Do you know what could happen in half an hour?" I asked scared, "I might as well have gone strait to the police station!"

"NO," Bill replied so suddenly I actually jumped, causing the car to swerve a bit, looking back I saw that the man had mimicked even that, "If you head to the police station he or she might get suspicious. Just keep driving, alright? What kind of car is he driving?"

"Um," I had been so concerned about the man driving I hadn't even looked at the car; I had only seen the tinted windows. I didn't know much about cars. I looked back and the only thing I saw was a shiny piece of metal in the shape of a truck. I studied it further and remembered a picture my brother had shown me a while ago. "It looks like one of those Chevy Silverado things that Pat was obsessed with all last year. It's red with silver designs on the side and really tinted windows."

"Alright, keep driving and we'll see you at the house."

He hung up. The tears had stopped flowing and I silently forbid myself from more crying. I'm stronger than that. Tears never help; they stop people from thinking strait. Thinking is what gets people out of these situations.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I heard a small noise outside. I was afraid to look back and see what it was. It sounded like yelling. I rolled down my window and heard a voice.

"PULL THE HELL OVER IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR LIFE!" he sounded angry. I rolled up my window and accelerated a bit. The Chevy accelerated, also.

There was a small ticking noise. My heart skipped a beat before going into overdrive. My whole body began to shake as i looked down. My car had gotten into the habit of ticking when anything wasn't right. That particular tick; higher pitched and faster paced than the rest. I hit the dashboard, hoping it was just a glitch and i was realy fine. It was no use; the gastank was running on empty.