What would an escaped killer want from ME?!?

Chapter 3

I felt sticks, and rocks among other things digging into my body as I rolled down the steep incline off the side of the unguarded road. Finally, after what felt like hours, I felt myself begin to lose momentum and slow to a stop.

I precariously stood up and brushed myself off. I began to walk a little ways only to be greeted by red hot pain in my right knee, side, and arm. I sat on a damp stump to examine myself to the best of my abilities in the darkness. My knee was breeding profoundly. I tried to sweep away the blood with the wall of my hand to no avail. I looked to my side and nearly screamed when I was introduced to a sharp piece of bark staked into my side. The recognition caused more pain to place itself on the spot. I knew not to touch the intruder because it was actually acting as a plug, but in my panic I attempted to wiggle it out. Luckily for me, it was stuck, like a grandly oversized splinter. My arm was either broken or badly sprained; either way, it was three times its normal size and quickly growing larger and darker.

I painstakingly stood up from the stump, knowing wholly that I needed to get to a hospital. My best bet would be to walk home through the woods. The piece of bark needed removal, my knee needed stitches, and my arm at least needed bandaging. I was shaking both from the miserable weather and from my alarmed state.

As I began to limp through the woods a twig snapped behind me. The air suddenly tightened around my body as I feared the worst. I slowly turned to see a figure not too far behind me. I started to run as fast as I could under the circumstances. The leaves brushed against my face, pickers tore away at my already diminishing skin. I looked back to see the figure walking as I was running but somehow catching up. I needed to get to the road where I could run without the plant-life slowing me down.

Not wanting to risk the climb, I continued running until the road went down a hill so it was level with the woods. I made a sharp left turn; a prickly vine digging one last deep gash into my forearm. I winced in pain before smiling in relief looking at the level ground. I heard the trees being pushed aside. I looked back in the darkness to see the figure emerge from the thick wood. I let out a whimper and continued running.

"Somebody help!" I yelled hoarsely into the dark void knowing that no one would hear me. The next house was my own and that wasn't nearly as close as I would have like it to be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
In the last one i said that this one should be longer but it isn't. sorry! Comments help me write, *hint*hint*

Also i knoe i have atleast three readers. But somehow i have eleven subscribers? anywho. Comments would be nice.