There's a Fine Line Between Love and Hate

05.

I sighed as Poppin' Champagne came from my phone, letting me know that Joshua was calling me. I contemplated hitting the 'reject' button, but flipped it open anyways.

"Hello?" I asked flatly. I was going through a box of old pictures, and ran across one of William and me at a Halloween party Junior year. I was a bumble bee while he was my dad. It was extremely funny taking pictures with him, since it seemed like he was my dad. I was kissing him on the cheek, while he had my leg hitched around his front jokingly.

Joshua got pretty pissed about it, but I told him that we were just joking around. Samantha, his ex, started hating me after that. I swear, she never liked me in the first place, but she swore up and down that she did.

"I just wanted to call and apologize." He said softly through the phone.

"I just can't believe you didn't have time to even send me a text. What were you even doing to not let me know that I was going to be stood up?" I inquired.

"I told you, I was busy."

"With what!!" I demanded to know.

"Family shit, Audrey!" He yelled.

"No, you know what, I'm not dealing with this right now. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I snapped my phone shut and sighed.

I continued pulling out photos, bringing back tons of memories. There was one and Joshua and I at the county fair, and I didn't look too happy. I didn't notice that before. Then I saw one of William and me, and I didn't think my dimples could get any bigger.

What did that mean?

Joshua's POV.

"She doesn't know a fucking thing." I said into the phone receiver.

"Good, let's keep it that way. All you have to do is keep pretended, and we'll crush her." She said in a sweet voice. She hung up, and I sighed loudly. How much longer did I have to keep this charade up?

Megan's POV.

"Sisky, give it back!" I complained, trying to grab my phone from him. He laughed, and pushed his back against his headboard, and put my phone behind him.

"You have to get it yourself." He laughed. I jumped on him, tackling us both to the floor somehow. I smirked, grabbing my phone from his unsuspecting hand.

"Damn you." He cursed, grabbing me around the waist, and pulling me down on top of him. I barked out a laugh, and smacked his chest playfully. My phone started ringing, Audrey's name flashing across the screen.

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone.

"I need to talk to you in person." She said.

"So what's up?" I asked, meeting her at a small cafe downtown. A waitress named Delilah approached us and got our order- two vanilla milkshakes and an order of medium fries.

"Look at these pictures. They're from the fair earlier this year." She laid out two Polaroids, one of her with Billvy and one with Prick boy.

"Okay, they're pictures. So what?" I asked, dipping a fry in a milkshake once they arrived.

"Look! Do you notice anything about me in this one?" She asked, pointing at the one of her and Bill. They were both grinning like mad men, and she had her arms wrapped around his waist and face planted onto his chest.

The other one, was with her and Josh. He looked happy as all get out -but she looked depressed. I glanced back and forth between the pictures, and understood what she was trying to point out.

"You're happier when you around Billy." I stated.

"Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But I just don't realize it. Plus, I love Joshua." She sighed.

"Oh, no. That's a tough one." I sad sarcastically. She rolled her eyes at me, dipping a fry in her milkshake.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Another Update, yay.
They'll be coming more often, I hope.

Posted my new story, you should check it out (:
Comments // Opinions?