Status: Please don't be a silent reader if you enjoy this story. :) I need to know whether to continue it or not.

Until It Kills Me

Blood Moon pt. 2

The blood was everywhere. However, my eyes were fixed on the dead body lying in front of me.
”Máthair,” I whispered, choking on my already ragged breath as the first lightning struck outside “What did he do to you?”

The crimson pool made her pale skin look as if it was glowing, her golden locks dyed dark from her own blood.
As I knelled beside her, I felt as if all hope was gone. What about Kain? Who would take care of us? Unable to cry, I took her cold, lifeless hand and squeezed it.
Another flash of light, and I got up to explore the remains of our house. It did not look to be any damage except for the missing door and the shattered windows. But where was my father?

Making my way to the back of the house, I found the back-door open; also that door was nowhere to be seen. Who would take the door with them, after killing off a family?
“Acholan”
I turned around to see my father on the floor, covered in blood, missing both legs.
“Athair,” I breathed, frozen on the spot “You killed her!”
“If I truly did kill your mathair, I would not still be here” he croaked, it obviously hurt to breathe, not to mention talk “They killed us, Acholan. They did” his body jolted.

“Kain?”
“He’s fine, Athair”

He closed his eyes, and then I noticed the overly large wound across his chest. I could see his heart, and I had to turn away to fight the nausea.

My father roared, a painful shriek escaped his throat. Then, silence. His eyes flung open, and his body started shaking. Death cramps.

And then, the tears finally fell.