Persistence

The Attic.

Chapter 3

“Let’s play a little game, Aiden” he breathed on Aiden’s ear still firmly pressing the gun to Aiden’s skull. He remained silent and was still somewhat trying to look to see if it was in fact Emma’s body lying in the closet.
“You do what I say, and I won’t kill you. Sound fun?” he said sarcastically. Aiden refused to let himself move.
“Good. You’ve learned ,I see.”
Aiden still remained quiet, his eyes still frantically searching the small dusty attic. His eyes came to a screeching halt when he spotted a fair-skinned hand with a familiar engagement ring on the finger of it. He now saw Emma ,plain as day, lying on the floor unconscious with her long brown hair covering her face, no shoes, and ripped jeans.
“Emma …” he whispered with a hint of relief but definite depression in his voice. He couldn’t take his eyes off her as he fought back tears of overwhelming depression and loss. She seemed too far gone to him.
“How cute” Scott said sarcastically.” It’s almost as if you really give a damn about her.”
“How fucking dare!-“ he was interrupted by a major blow to the shoulder from the gun in Scott’s hand.
“Sorry, your voice is just so irritating”
Scott then bashed the side of Aiden’s head so hard that Aiden fell to the ground now also momentarily unconscious. Scott grabbed Emma’s body and threw it back over his shoulder to carry her out. He climbed down the now open attic staircase and put Emma down for a second in the hallway. He put the staircase back up into its original position and pulled out a deadbolt. He snapped the lock on, snatched Emma back up in his arms again, and walked outside. He locked the front door and turned off all the lights to make it look as if nobody was home. Once he was outside he stalked over to his car to jam the key into the slot on the door of the trunk to open it. Not caring about Emma , Scott literally threw her unconscious body inside the trunk of his silver Mercedes F700. Not the most inconspicuous of car choices ,but then again Scott didn’t really seem to care. Emma’s head smashed in an awkward position as the drugs Scott forced down her slender throat only a few simple hours ago had still refused to wear off. After carelessly slamming the trunk door, he pulled open the driver’s seat door and proceeded to climb into his car. Still holding the key in his hand from opening the trunk, he crammed the small silver key in the ignition. Someone else was pulling up the road.
“Shit..” he muttered to himself.
He eased onto the road and began driving casually. The car passed by ,not even taking a second look at him.
“Odd…” he thought to himself. He moved on quickly and completely forgot about that fact after about four miles.

Meanwhile, back at Rory’s house, she was now full out enraged.
“Who the fuck does she think she is?!” she screamed at her husband who was on the couch only a few feet away from where she sat. However, unknown to Rory, Todd was asleep. He jerked to consciousness and looked around curiously after removing the newspaper from over his face.
“I’m sorry; Did you say something hun?”
She glared at him. “Ugh, just never mind!”
Still confused, Todd got up off the couch. He looked up at the clock. 12:05. He walked over my his wife and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
“Coming to bed?”
She still glared. “Yeah, Yeah, In a minute.”
“Why are you up so late anyhow?”
“Waiting for Em to call ,not that you really care.” She spat.
“Babe, even though it’s 12:07 A.M. and I can hardly think straight, I do in fact still care as to why you are still up at this hour when you have work tomorrow.”
She sighed. “I’m sorry ,hun. I’ll come to bed soon okay?” She leaned over and kissed him.
He kissed back for a moment and managed to say ,“Kay.” without yawning. He then left the living room and headed for their bedroom.
“Maybe she just forgot…”she thought. Rory was beginning to worry.
“It’s not like she’s in mortal danger, right? I’ll just go to bed. I’ll see her tomorrow ,and it’ll all be fine.” Rory walked over to the floor-to-ceiling living room window to turn off the light when she noticed something on the road and peered out for a minute or so.
“A car? It’s 12:13 A.M.. Who the hell drives on a private road at this hour?” she thought as she watched the silver vehicle pass by. She ignored it, figuring it was just a traveler making it home late ,and went to bed.

Scott was becoming impatient. He wanted Emma ,and he wanted her now. He slammed his foot down on the gas driving at a speed only stuntmen dared to travel at. About fifteen minutes passed before Scott made it back to his secluded home in the forest approximately thirty miles away. Obviously, He wasn’t one to take it slow on the highway.
“ Why the hell should you own a fast, expensive car, if you don’t go over fifty?” he used to always say.
Emma was still unconscious. Scott pulled the car to a stop when he reached the end of the long dirt covered driveway leading to his fairly small cottage-like home. He turned the key to shut the car down and got out after opening the trunk from a button on the interior of the car. After exiting, he moved to the back of the car to retrieve Emma’s body. He tossed her over his shoulders yet again and closed the trunk door of the car. Reaching the front door, he slammed it open and dropped Emma right in the middle of the front hallway. Her head fell to the right almost like it was a dead piece of her. What did he care? Either way he would get what he wanted out of her. He fell to his knees in a position that made him cower over her body. This is when he began to ease open the zipper of her jeans. Her jeans pulled off her body easily when Scott yanked them off.
“This would be so much more enjoyable ,if you’d just let me do this while you’re awake sweetheart.”
He ripped her shirt open exposing her fair-skinned chest.
Scott unzipped his own trousers and forced the door behind closed with a kick. He knocked off his shoes and kissed her cold somewhat paralyzed body from her chest to just below her belly button. He became hard. He smiled at this. That same devious smile.
The drug had worn off. Emma was slipping out of her trace and trying to come to her senses. She felt his penis against the skin of her thigh ,and it all made sense. He went into her ,and she screamed , not just a scream you get from watching a corny horror film but that blood curdling scream that immediately makes all your senses fail.
“Good morning , sunshine”
“Get off me!” She shrieked.
“Sorry babe. I’m not done yet.”
Scott grabbed her wrist and bashed it against the cold concrete floor. She screamed in pain at the top of her lungs. He covered her mouth with his hand within seconds.
“Shhh. You’ll wake the neighbors.” He said still smiling.
He was ejaculating now; Emma was trying desperately to fight back ,but her wrist was causing her so much pain that she could hardly function.
Scott was holding both her arms down and began to pull in and out slowly ,almost like a rocking motion.
Emma was crying, helpless. What could she do? She didn’t have the strength to fight back or the will to try to force herself anyway.
A tear slid silently down her cheek as she tried to look away and ignore the pain and torture she was now enduring. Scott hit her straight across the face when he saw the reflection of the tear from the moonlight glowing on her face. He pulled out , now considering himself almost finished. Emma tried to get up seeing as his grip had loosened minimally. When he saw this he was furious and jabbed his knee directly into Emma’s pelvic bone. She screamed in agonizing pain louder than she had before. She wasn’t just bleeding externally now. She could feel it almost slivering its way down to the injured area. Emma quivered she was in so much pain. She could hardly breathe when she lost all feeling in her legs. She started slipping in and out of consciousness yet again.
“Don’t pull anymore shit ,and I wont cause you anymore pain. Deal?”
Emma desperately tried to nod ,but couldn’t manage to make the gesture. She gulped and whispered “Y-y-yes.” The concrete was making her shiver from the coldness.
The sunrise was beginning to form when Emma finally gave up and let unconsciousness overcome her beaten body.
Scott picked her up ,but this time not over his shoulders. He grabbed her at the waist and pulled her up into his arms so one arm was supporting her head and neck and the other holding her legs up. He didn’t bother to drive her back to her and Aiden’s house. No, that would be too easy. Instead, he drove her down to a lake about an equal distance from both houses and dropped her on the shore ,indecent and bruised. The pelvic wound had caused a rather large bruise to form covering almost all the area. Emma was barely still breathing. Scott grabbed her pale hand and snatched the engagement ring off her finger. He kissed her forehead and left her with these few words.
“Until we meet again my love.” He then kissed her fragile hand –probably the only part of her body that was not in extreme amounts of pain at this moment- and turned to get back to his car.

It was 6:45 and Rory’s alarm clock buzzed. Great, another day starting with inadequate amounts of sleep and no word from Emma. She crawled out of bed and started the coffee maker when she reached the nearby kitchen. Todd wouldn’t have to get up for another hour. He had flexible shifts and had traded with the new guy this week, so she grabbed his morning news paper from the porch and started reading it while she waited for her caffeine fix for the day. Just then, her cell phone rang. She became mildly excited thinking Emma was finally calling her back as previously promised.
She ran to the coffee table where she had left her cell phone ,and snatched it eagerly and answered.
“Hello?” You could hear a definite smile in her voice.
“Rory…” A shaky voice replied back.
“Oh, hey Aiden. Are you okay? You sound sick.”
“You have a key to the attic right?” Aiden managed to force out those few words.
“Yeah, I think so. Why?”
“Can you come let me out…?”
Rory laughed so hard she almost spit her mouthful of coffee out.
“Sure thing, Aiden. I’ll be over in a second; just let me get dressed.” She continued laughing and went back to the bedroom to grab something to show up to work in. Todd woke up to a thud on his nightstand.
“Hi..?”
“Morning ,hun. Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.”
He took a sip of the coffee that caused the rude awakening and sat up on the edge of the antique bed.
She turned around holding two very similar shirts up.
“Red or blue?”
He glanced up at with one eyebrow raised.
“You’re just going to pick the one I don’t suggest.”
“This process could be almost finished by now if you would just tell me already. I could have chosen the other won and been dressed by now.”
He paused for a second and took a second look at the shirts.
“The Blue…”
She kissed him on the forehead, dropped the blue shirt back on the bed, and walked into the bathroom to get dressed. Todd considered trying to get another half-an-hour’s sleep ,but decided against it. He stumbled into the bathroom right when Rory was doing her hair. She smiled at him with a bobby pin in her mouth ,and he grabbed her by the waist, gave her a big squeeze and kissed her neck.
“I like your hair that way.”
“Thanks ,babe” She blushed.
Newly weds.
She finished getting ready and looked up at the clock. 7:30.
“Shit!” She gave Todd one last peck on the cheek and bolted out the door.
Todd grabbed her keys on the side table in the living room and stood by the door with it hanging on his index finger.
After opening the car door and reaching into her empty pocket, She ran back into the house bashing the front door open and hitting her husband dead smack in the face.
“Ow!!”
“Oh shit, sorry babe.”
She grabbed the keys off his finger ,kissed him on the forehead which yet again caused him to moan ,and ran back out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, but I'm afraid the next chapter may take about three days instead of two.
Enjoy. : ]
Please subscribe & tell your friends.
I'll return the favor. : ]