Persistence

Depression and Frustration

Chapter 7

He smiled back at the woman and said, “Want to go inside?”
She decided not to reply using words and kissed him on the cheek.
He grabbed her hand and led her to the front door where he unlocked the entrance to his house and pulled her through gently by her hand.
She laughed slightly and closed the door behind her as she entered.

Scott had still been lingering around the Morrow house, and he had taken it upon himself to inform another person of this particular visitor. He pulled out his phone from his jeans pocket and began to dial.
“Hello?” A confused woman answered the phone sounding slightly fatigued.
“Emma, love, how are you feeling?” Scott sounded almost as if he actually wanted to know how she was recovering. Funny.
She hung up quickly, irritated at the fact that he dared to even attempt to talk to her.
“Who was that?” Todd asked.
He had been reading in the chair next to the hospital bed while Emma was sleeping. He had felt she needed her rest and let her doze off about half an hour ago. D
“Oh, uh, nobody. Wrong number.”
Todd noticed the distant look on her face and raised one eyebrow. He didn’t think it was necessary to pry if she didn’t wish to tell him and let it go.
“Alright.” He looked back down at his book and began reading again.
The phone rang again and she grabbed it in her hand with a great deal of force.
“What the fucking hell do you want?!” She spat in the phone.
Todd’s eyes widened as he slowly turned his head to glance at her.
“Is this a bad time, Babe? I’ll be quick I promise. I’m just a little curious about something.” Scott said, attempting to sound slightly kind in his words.
“Give me one god damn reason not to hang up in five seconds, and I won’t.” she spat in a reply.
“Well, how about the fact that I love you?”
“Your hilarious, Scott.” She said sarcastically.
Todd’s book flew from his hands with a furious force that startled Emma. He stood up and glared at the phone in her hand. Being a loyal friend to both Emma and her fiancé was not a difficult task for this man and he did not take the job lightly. Ever. He was almost as bad as Aiden on the subject. This was simply another reason why Rory fell head over heals about 3 minutes after they met.
“Hang up the fucking phone.” He demanded furiously, his eyes almost glowing red in anger and complete loathing hatred for Scott.
“Tell your idiotic bodyguard that I have important information for him.” Scott said.
Emma glared, rolled her eyes and obeyed the pathetic excuse for a man who happened to be responsible for her being in her current pain. Todd took the phone from Emma’s small fragile hand and held it up to his ear.
“What?” he said agitatedly.
“Do you know where her precious fiancé is right now Mr. Holbertson?” Scott questioned.
“He had to go to work. What the fuck do you want?” Todd was beyond irritated now.
“Are you aware that you’ve been lied to, Todd?” You could almost hear the smile in his voice, like he’d accomplished something.
“Fuck off, Hunter. He wouldn’t lie to me, and why the hell should I trust your word over his anyway?”
“Mr. Morrow is with another woman.”
“Go to hell.” He snapped as he slammed the phone closed and handed it back to Emma.
“What did he want?” she asked disgusted.
“Nothing, I have to go.” Todd snatched up his book and stormed out the room.
Emma decided to ignore this and take a nap while she awaited the return of Aiden since she was feeling woozy.

Meanwhile, Scott pulled up to the hospital and stopped in a parking place near the door. He shut off the radio and looked at the window of room he knew was Emma’s. Smiling grimly, he exited the vehicle and proceeded to enter the building, not bothering to even take out his car keys. After making his way through the doors, he came to a halt at the receptionist desk. The woman didn’t even look at him since she was obviously busy and very stressed out at the moment.
“Yes sir, Can I help you with something?”
“Yes, I’m looking for an Emma Ross.”
“One moment, please.” She paused for about six seconds then continued,” She’s in Room 18G. Go right on up if you wish.” She smiled but still do not even glance at his face while she was typing something up at texting on her cell phone.
“Thank you” Scott replied and left for the elevator.

“Do you want something to drink? Water, juice, wine?” Aiden said to the woman now standing in his kitchen.
“I’ll take some wine, if you please.” She winked and leaned against the granite covered island in the middle of the kitchen.
Aiden pulled out the wine and two glasses from the upper cupboard on the other side of kitchen and placed them on the island behind him. The woman pulled one closer to her with her index finger on the bottom of the circular bottom of the glass. Aiden popped the cork out of the wine bottle and poured a small amount into glass before he moved over to where the woman was leaning and poured approximately the same amount of wine into her glass.
“Why don’t we take this to the couch?” He smiled.
“Of course” She smiled back in reply and began walking toward the coffee table to set down her drink and sat on the couch beside it where her purse had been dropped earlier in the conversation. Aiden followed these actions after taking a sip of his wine to take off the anticipation of returning to his thoroughly missed fiancée.
“So how have you been? We didn’t get the catch up much yesterday on the phone. I haven’t seen you since college.” Aiden smiled still.
“I know it seems like it’s been forever and a year, but I’ve been good, how about you?” said the woman.
“A lot has happened, but I have to say, I’ve never been this happy in my life. When Emma and I got back together, my life just got so changed around. I mean that in a good way of course. She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” He smiled again at the thought of his beloved fiancée. This only made the woman smirk.
The woman I speak of now is named Nichole. Nichole was one the girls Aiden dated in between dating Emma for so long. Needless to say, she had never gotten over him. A mere obstacle of engagement wouldn’t stop this coldhearted bitch.
Nichole scooted closer to Aiden on the close and rested her head on his shoulder.
“I’ve missed you so much… Why did we ever break up?” she asked.
Aiden’s face looked confused as he replied,” Well, you moved on. That Steve guy asked you out, remember?”
Her face formed into an almost pouting frown.
“You know he meant nothing to me compared to what we had.” She said as she moved her body so close to him that her thigh was touching his.
“Look…Nichole…what we had…that was four years ago.”
She lifted her head from his chest and looked in his eyes while he continued.
“And I’m engage-“she cut him off.
She was kissing him more passionately than she had ever done before. Aiden refused to let his mouth open.
He tired to push her away, but she just planted herself on top of him knocking over the wine glass on the coffee table in the process.

Back at the hospital, Emma was fast asleep.
The doctor sneaked into the doorway and knocked his hand on the door frame out of politeness without realizing she was in too deep of a sleep to even make a motion in response to the gesture. He walked in quietly so as not to awaken her suddenly to cause any alarm. Creeping slowly toward her bedside, he reached it and gently shook her shoulder to ease her awake.
“Good Morning, Miss Ross.” He said as he sat down and Emma turned to face him after waking up slowly.
She smiled to acknowledge the fact that she had heard him to the doctor.
“Miss Ross, I’m afraid I have some news for you that is not necessarily the happiest of news.”
Her expression immediately fell from a smile to a frightened look.
“As in…?” she questioned.
“Well, as I’m sure you are aware from your former visits to our humble facilities here at Glenn Oak Hospital, when a patient such as yourself is a victim of…rape, we conduct a pregnancy test along with regular health tests.”
“And..?” the tears were beginning to form as the one word managed to slip out of her quivering lips.
“And…I’m terribly sorry to tell you this, but…Miss Ross I’m afraid you are in fact pregnant.” the doctor said looking straight into her now watery blue eyes.
“I’m what?!” she began sobbing as she attempted to speak.
She tried to calm herself down enough to speak easier at least.
“I’m terribly sorry Miss Ross. Is there absolutely anything we can do for you?”
“Can you tell me where to get an abortion?” She said looking away from him as she felt like the sentence should never come out of any woman’s mouth and especially not, hers.

“Nichole! What the hell is wrong with you?! I’m engaged!” Aiden screamed at her shoving her off of his body and onto the floor.
She rebelled against his force used to push her away by jamming the heel of her stiletto into the gap between his shirt button and his tie.
“It’s so cute how you think little things like wedding rings make a difference to me.” She pulled him all the way down to where he could reach the gap where he heel was and replaced it with her finger to pull it about a half of a centimeter away from his lips as he fell to the floor where she was.
“We broke up four years ago! I didn’t want you to come back then, and I’m not welcoming you back now! Get the fuck off me!” he shoved her off of him and she ended up hitting her back on the side of the coffee table.
“So everything we had was just a fling with you?!” She screeched.
Aiden got up onto his feet, grabbed his wine glass, and said,” Get the hell out of my house, and I swear to fucking god if you ever set foot in my house again, I can and will file a restraining order against you.”
Aiden turned to leave and retreat to his and Emma’s room holding his glass in his hand. Nichole was obviously not the slightest bit scared by his words and proceeded to rise from the floor and follow him into the bedroom. She didn’t bother to bring her wine glass along with her. She was determined to get what she wanted and didn’t care about pretty much anything or anyone who got in her way.

Todd was still pissed about the news that Scott had given him. He didn’t want to believe it, but he couldn’t figure out why he would want to lie about that particular situation at a time like this. He raced through the green lights on the street with ease and was quite pleased with the fact that both they were green and that no one else was there to stop him from flooring it right through them. He was mumbling to himself about how this couldn’t possibly be happening, especially now. Aiden wasn’t that kind of a guy, and he loved them too much as a friend to accept this kind of information as true about either of them. Still mumbling swear words and statements of disbelief to himself, he pulled up into the driveway. Now seeing the two cars in front of his, his anger was showing completely. He knew where the spare key was located and got out of his car after shutting it down, to go and retrieve it. He snatched it up in his and stormed over to the door to which the key belonged. Slamming the door back after opening it, he began searching for Aiden and whoever the whore he was with was. He started by looking in the living room and now saw the dripping wine glass staining the carpet.
That’ll make Emma fucking ecstatic. Todd thought to himself as he moved to the kitchen.
He was interrupted by Nichole screaming, “Aiden!”
Todd stomped his way from the kitchen to where the hallway was to get to the hallway where the door to the bedroom was. He flung open the door in complete furiousness.
Aiden was lying on the bed, shirtless with Nichole on top of him, in only a bra and underwear. Everything else had seemed to find its way to the floor, along with Aiden’s shirt.
“Son of a bitch…” Todd mumbled to himself as he stared at the wine glass on the night stand and the clothes lying on the floor next to the bed they were lying on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get a chapter out each week so the few six of you actually reading it all the way through can continue reading. x D
I'm getting a laptop, so it will most definately be easier for me to work.
Enjoy. : ]