Special

Special

“Yeah,” his voice sounded calm, clearly not unhappy or worried. Not that he was ever quite unhappy or worried, but the fact remained. “I’ll be there in a half an hour, babe. Hey, you know I love you, Angie. Alright, I’ll talk to you. Bye.”
Of course. Angie
.
Will’s arms folded, eyes narrowed at the closed door. He had been doing some…investigative eavesdropping.
He listened as he heard Gabe snap his cell phone shut, jog down the stairs of Will’s porch, walk to the purple sports car, open the door, shut the door, start said car, and drive off.
Kicking a near side-table, Will stuffed the palms of his hands into his eyes in frustration.
Gabe promised that they were going to get serious, that they were going to get real, that Gabe would stop fooling around. Angie wasn’t supposed to be an issue anymore.
Feeling heat rise to his eyes and face, he took several canyon-deep breaths. He moved his hands and looked at the table that he’d kicked over. As he bent down and slowly began to put it back together, he mulled over the situation calmly. It wasn't Will's nature to freak out.
He had come to terms with the fact that if Gabe wasn’t going to be with him for the long haul, he wasn’t going to be with him at all.
Gabe's loss, right?
Right?
Will didn’t want to go through another relationship where he gave a mile and the other person gave a fraction of an inch for about a month or so before saying that it wasn’t working out. Previous experience said that he should split at the first sign of infidelity. And besides, Gabe had never been good news. Will knew that from the start.
Even if Will thought they might’ve been something different.
He forced all positive thoughts about Gabe to the back of his mind, locking and bolting the door and walking away.

--------------------------
“Will” Gabe called, fist pounding on the door frantically. “Bilbie, please open up.
He meant to say ‘Bill B.’ at first, but it always came out as ‘Bilbie’ when said, so it stuck that way.
It was late and the temperature outside was dropping at a rapid pace. Gabe could vaguely see his breath in puffs through the dark, late-afternoon atmosphere.

Will’s eyes opened, instantly furrowed in confusion. It then dawned on him that he was indeed pissed at Gabe, and had locked the doors. He did his personal best to ignore the rampant knocking.
This task, however, was made difficult.
“Bill-baby, can we please just…talk? Maybe? I-I can explain everything if you’d just let me! Will, it’s cold, I’m freezing my ass off. A-and you and I both know how much you like my ass!”
Will smiled to himself at that, purely because it was hard not to. Gabe was just naturally like that; irresistible. Well, at least to Will he was.
As much as he wished to hate him, he couldn’t find the pure evil to do so. This did not mean Will was not still mad at him. He hopped out of bed, walking over to the door with his arms folded.
“Will, I know you can hear me! You’re a light sleeper. I should know, ‘cause I’m always there!” Gabe shivered a bit. “It’s really cold, can I at least warm up or something?”
“What about your car heater? Oh, or even better yet, why don’t you go generate some heat with Angie?” Will suggested slyly through the door.
“Will, I-I’m serious! You won’t be so mad if you just listen!”
There was a silence in which Will contemplated whether or not opening the door was or was not one of the biggest mistakes of his life. He decided on the latter and opened the door, stepping aside so the ice cold, shivering Gabe Saporta-shaped popsickle could walk in. “You have two minutes.”
"Two minutes? Bu--"
"180. 179. 178."
Gabe’s words poured from his pale lips at lightning’s speed, hardly any kind of distinguishable. “Lookit’sjustIoweittoherasagoodbye,butyouknowyou’reallIcouldeverwant,Will,Iswear,IsaidI’dgetseriousandIwill,Ijustneededtogivehersomequickbreakupsexisall!”
“So you did have sex with her?” Will repeated.
Gabe nodded as if it was the most obvious fact stated ever. “Yeah.”
There was a slight pause.
“Two minutes are up,” Will chirped, “Out.”
“What? Bu-“
“Out of my house, Gabe.”
“But Bill-“
“Out!”
“Nu-uh!” Gabe refused with a vigorous shake of his head, folding his arms and stomping his feet like a five-year old would.
Will rolled his eyes, “Oh please. And you think that ‘it was only breakup sex’ is a good excuse?”
Gabe nodded viciously. “Yes!”
“Gabe!” Will yelled, grabbing both sides of his face so that they looked each other directly in the eyes. “You are with me! You can’t go around justifying reasons for you to sleep with other people! You sleep with me and me only!”
Gabe put his hands on both sides of Will’s face as well, grinning that infamous grin. “See, you do still love me.”
Will smacked his hands away, backing up. “Stop! Gabe, I’m serious! Just…just be serious with me for once!”
Shrugging, Gabe bit his bottom lip in guilt. “I dunno, I’m just not a very serious person.”
“But love is a serious thing-“
“It doesn’t have to be!”
Tossing his hands up in frustration, Will groaned. “Ugh, you are hopeless, you know that?” he began to walk away.
Gabe followed him, “Oh, Will, come on! Just loosen up, please? For me?” he grabbed at Wills shoulders, attempting to give him a light massage, but Will shrugged him off.
“Gabe,” he said in a warning tone.
“Will,” he mocked in the same voice. “I’m sorry! Look, no more breakup sex, okay?”
“That shouldn’t even be a plausible promise!” Will cried, walking to the bathroom and trying to shut the door. Gabe stopped him, holding the door open. Of course, Will was still trying to force it closed, but naturally Gabe was much, much stronger than the practical skeleton that was Will.
“Slam the door in my face?” Gabe scoffed arrogantly, a mocking sneer painted across his features intricately. “Why the audacity!”
“Gabe, I would really appreciate it if you left me alone---“
“I would really appreciate it if you would listen---“
“I am listening!”
“Ah-ah, Will,” Gabe shook his finger at him with his free hand, “This is not listening. Now I want you to take a deep breath,”
Will rolled his eyes and inhaled.
“Deeper,” Gabe insisted.
So he inhaled deeper.
“Deeper.”
He inhaled deeper.
“Oh shit, that’s hot.” Gabe fawned, staring at Will’s lips as he inhaled.
Will tossed the door open and pushed past Gabe, leaving him to stumble backwards in an attempt to keep his balance. “You’re ridiculous, you know that?”
“Gimme one chance, babe, just one!” Gabe begged, following him. “I’ll give you anything! My car! My career! I-I’ll give you my bassist! Alex wouldn’t mind! I’ll give you the fucking Taj Mahal!”
“I’m done giving people chances, they’re just a waste of my time!” Will complained, still walking. “No one changes, everyone makes promises they know they can’t keep, and they pity themselves for what they have set themselves up for like dying children in Africa until someone gives them what they want just to shut them the fuck up!”
“Well, it’s not like I’m going to hurt you or anything!” Gabe protested.
Will stomped into the kitchen, backing up against the counter. “Don’t you think you’re a little too late for that?”
“I hurt you?”
Will nodded vigorously. “Yes, Gabe, you did. Did you think you cheating wouldn’t hurt me? I am…insanely dependant---“
“You mean in love with?”
“---Insanely in love with you, and you’re just…mildly fascinated with me! It’s maddening!”
“Mildly fascinated?” Gabe repeated incredulously, “That is absurd! I am head-over-heels in love with you, Will. Other people mildly fascinate me, why do you think I party with half the world but never let it leave the bedroom? Because there’s nothing else outside the bedroom! You...you are so...different, you’re…” he pondered, searching his file cabinet for the right word. “You are…special.” He concluded, proud smile on his face.
“Special?” Will repeated, nose scrunched up in distaste.
Gabe nodded fearlessly. “Mhm. You are special. You are my Special.”
“I don’t like that.” Will commented, beginning to walk from the kitchen.
“I do,” Gabe smiled at his own genius. “It fits you perfect.”
“Don’t say it anymore.”
“Why?” Gabe pouted, let down that Will didn’t share his feelings about this new nickname. “But you are special!”
“Can’t you come up with a better word?” Will asked, walking to the dresser in his bedroom and opening one of the drawers just to file through things distractedly.
“Nope, you’re just stuck with ‘special’, Special.” Gabe smirked, following Will in but stopping a few feet away.
“Don’t call me that!”
“Awh, but Special!” Gabe whined, mocking grin on his face.
Will groaned and threw a pair of his underwear at Gabe.
“Speciallllll,” Gabe dragged it out, “Special-special-special-special-special---“
Will whipped around, death glare stricken in his eyes. “If you don’t stop calling me ‘special’, I will kick you in a very special place.”
“Alright,” Gabe backed away, arms in surrender mode. He killed the act as he coughed out; “Special.
Will came at him like an aggravated bull. Gabe, using his outstanding Spanish skills in the art of dodging angry bulls, moved to the side just in time, then proceeding to laugh obnoxiously and fall backwards onto the bed.
“Gabe, please leave!” Will begged, throwing a pillow at his face.
“Pillow fight, eh?” Gabe challenged, “Well, I can certainly party like that.” He threw a pillow back in Will’s face.
It missed Will by a few inches and he caught it, throwing it back. Yet by the time he’d set out to throw it, Gabe already had another one ready, aimed, and fired.

A few pillows later, it had progressed to a full-on war and by the time it was over, Will was on the bed, lying on his back with Gabe on top of him, pillow held high over his head in one hand as he tickled Will with the other.
Once Will was begging for mercy and completely out of breath (just the way Gabe liked him), Gabe stopped, dropping the deep red decorative pillow behind them.
They stared at each other for a while, studying each other’s smile. Finally Will broke the silence. “Off,” he commanded, trying to push Gabe’s side.
Gabe jumped off, only to reattach himself. As Will turned around on his side, facing away from Gabe, Gabe wrapped his arms around him, burying his face in Will’s neck.
“Mmh,” he hummed into Will’s skin, “You even smell special.”
Will giggled, not minding it so much now.
“You want to talk serious?” Gabe adjusted so that his mouth wasn’t covered, but his cheek was resting on the side of Will’s neck. “What does ‘serious’ entail exactly?” he implored.
“I just…” Will sighed frustratedly. “I just want you to be mine. Not anybody else’s. Just…just mine. And I want to be yours. And I want us to work, y’know? Because…I’ve never wanted a relationship to work so badly in all my days, and I’ve had my fair share of relationships. Nothing’s felt this amazing, ever. And I don’t want to lose that. For once, I just want to keep something that I love.”
“You helpless romantic, you.” Gabe chuckled.
Will rolled his eyes, “Bad habit, I am aware.”
“It’s cute,” Gabe corrected, brushing his lips back and forth across Will’s neck. “Makes you special.”
Will laughed, “Of course it does.”
“Mhm,” Gabe nodded, now trying to calm Will’s nerves by slowly drawing unknown shapes with his fingers into the wrist and palm of Will’s hand. “And for the record; I am yours, and you are mine, and we will work, and I will love you, and vice versa, and you will just be the happiest little puppy the world will ever see.” Will giggled at that. “And I’m sorry for hurting you, because I love you and would never do something like that intentionally. I wasn’t thinking at all and I should have been. And must I say it anymore? I love you. With all my purple, 80’s music-infused heart.” Gabe scattered tiny kisses across Will’s skin, which eventually grew into one long kiss on a weak spot of Will’s; on the neck a bit below the ear.
Will’s eyes closed, enjoying the feeling but still trying to focus on speech. Unfortunately, Gabe was very distracting, and his words came out somewhat slurred. “S-so you’cn play the romantic, too?” he smiled.
“I could only ever do it for you.” Gabe replied, running his tongue along the spot he’d been kissing.
“Why’s that?” Will asked, voice growing breathless.
“Because,” he kissed him again, “You’re just so special.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this a while ago but forgot to transfer it onto here. Comments? :3