Status: Slow-ish Active

The Pretty.Odd. Love Child

Break me down

Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her arms were wrapped around her legs. She was sitting in the passengers seat of my car with her backpack sitting on the floor where her feet should have been.

New pair of green skinny jeans with checkered vans and a A7X hoodie on. A single blue hair extension that Pete bought her clipped into her dark brown hair.

She looked prepared and had been excited, but now she looked like she wanted to go home, wash the makeup off her face, tear out the extension, and crawl into bed. I didn't know what to say.

She had wanted to walk to school today but i insisted that I drive her, seeing as it was her first day.

I couldn't help but wonder what I did wrong to make her act like this.

I pulled into the parking lot and put the car on idle.

"Do you want me to walk you in?" I asked, remembering all to well the terrors of high school.

She shook her head, gripping her schedule in her hand.

I bit my lip.

"Text me when you have lunch and tell me how your day is going alright?"I asked, a feeble attempt at making her feel less alone as she opened the car door.

She nodded.

"Bye."I called out.

She waved at me through the window.

I heard the faint sound of the bell ringing a few minutes later, and i called Ryan.

He picked up after the fourth ring, because i counted.

"Whut?"His voice was thick with sleep. I had forgotten it was 6:30.

"Can you meet me somewhere?"I asked him, rolling down my window and opening up my glove compartment.

"Why?"Ryan asked, sounding irritated.

I grabbed something I hadn't had in a few weeks and opened the top.

"Because i need to talk to you, that's why."I retorted. I could tell he was shocked at my reply but at the moment i didn't care.

I pulled one out and put the box back in the compartment.

I heard him sigh.

"Yeah alright, where?"

I put it between my lips and light it enough to where the end turned red and orange and smoke poured out.

I inhaled and exhaled quickly, not used to the acrid smoke inside my mouth.

"Whose open this early? Just come down to the park." I told him, ruder then i needed to probably.

"Alright." Was all Ryan replied before hanging up. I slid my phone shut and put it back in my pocket before taking another drag off of the cigarette.

I drove the five minutes to the park and found Ryan's car already waiting in the parking lot.

My cigarette was gone and I had pulled out another one, already lit and burning.

Ryan was sitting on a swing, in sweat pants and a hoodie with his hair standing on end.

I walked over and sat on the swing next to him.

I saw his nose wrinkle up and he looked up at me with a look of disgust on his face.

"Really?"He asked.

"Really really." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be an ass Brendon, why'd you wake me up at 6:30 just to come down here, talk to me like shit, and blow smoke in my face?"He asked, obviously pissed.

"Don't you know what day it is dude?"I asked incredulously.

He nodded.

"First day of school." He said it like he had just remembered.

"Well first of all, you said you were going to come, and you didn't, second of all she was mad upset this morning when I drove her to school and I don't know why. She wouldn't talk to me." I huffed out.

"So now I don't know whats bothering her."

Ryan shrugged.

I shot him a glance.

"Don't you care, at all?"I asked in disbelief.

"Of course I care, but if she's upset let her be upset, don't try to make her be happy all the time like you Brendon."Ryan snapped.

"Do I look happy now?"I asked him sarcastically.

He didn't answer.

"It's better to be happy then to keep all your emotions bottles up inside like you, Mr "I don't have any feelings." "I said, inhaling some of the cigarette.

Ryan immediately stood up.

"No feelings?"He asked, his voice thick. "You're one to talk!" Ryan practically yelled.

I wasn't really following.

He walked away and stood under a yellow slide with a hand over his eyes.

I felt my anger Eb away as I stood up and walked over to him, letting the half used smoke fall to the ground.

"Ry?"I asked tentatively, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Keltie and me, we broke up."He mumbled, looking at the ground.

My heart sank a little for Ryan, but rose a little for me.

"Aww Ryan....I'm so-"I started but he stopped me.

"Don't say your sorry, its not your fault...."He whispered.

I shook my head and put my arms around Ryan's neck.

"I don't care, I'm still sorry."

He responded by putting his arms around my waist and pulling me into a tight hug.

I could feel his gentle breathing against my neck and his spidery fingers gripping lightly onto my hip bones.

I pulled back from the hug we were in and nudged his face up with mine so I was looking right into his brown, doe eyes.

The tips of our noses were touching and I could feel his stomach pressed up lightly against mine. Just barely.

"Brendon." The ghost of his voice breathed out, rushing over my lips, making my skin tingle. I shuddered.

I couldn't help it, I leaned in another inch and pressed my chilled lips to his.

His eyes fluttered shut and he looped his arms around my mid section as the kiss deepened slightly.

My lips were tingling like mad.

His seemed to be on fire, like they were just scorched a lighter.

I felt like i was melting into him. Our upper bodies were pressed tightly together and I could even feel his feet right next to mine.

His mouth opened a little bit more and I did the same with mine, allowing his perfect pink lips to move against mine.

I felt his tongue slide against mine as I moved one of my hands to rest on his cheek.

It felt, perfect, like we should have been doing this forever, since the day we met.

His lips on mine, his hand on my chest my hand on cheek.

Until he pulled away suddenly, making me feel cold and alone.

"Brendon, we-we cant."He mumbled looking away from me.

I took a step forward, confused, but he only took another one back.

"Wh-but?"I stuttered, my hand still raised in the air, still feeling his warm cheek.

He shook his head rapidly.

"We cant, cant, do this, Brendon, I'm sorry."He said, turning around and jogging back to his car.

And so, for the second time that day, I wondered where I had gone wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter made me want a smoke.
And I'm so peeved because no one comments on this anymore.
I wouldn't wait three months to update if you guys motivated me :I
but i still Love you all. RYDON AAHHHHH
R&R <3
Cheers Xx