Change of Heart

Goodbye Forks

Abby zipped up her last luggage case and then let a small frown appear on her lips. They were leaving Forks in less than an hour. She would never have a chance to see her brother, or any other of the people she had met again. She sighed deeply, and picked up the luggage and packed it towards the hall. The entire hallway was already packed with the rest of the suitcases. Rose's all had pink tags on them-- she didn't want her's to get misplaced with anyone else's. The blond beauty appeared outside the bedroom and smiled at Abby, knowing this must be hard to leave.

"It's going to be alright, Abby. Starting over is fun. . . sometimes." Rose said.

Abby looked up and gave her a weak smile. She was sort of looking forward to moving away, starting a new life with Jasper and her new family. She walked back into the bedroom that had become hers and Jasper. She felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her from behind.

"Hi." He whispered in her ear.
"Hi." She said turning around with a smile. Jasper leaned down and placed a soft kiss upon her lips.
"You're all packed now, right?"
"Mhm." She said.

He walked over and took a seat on the bed. They were only taking clothing, and things they would need. Leaving behind all the furniture and appliances. Edward was still going to be staying in Forks for a bit, while he waited on Bella to graduate high school.

"So. . . are we about ready to go?" Abby questioned.
"Yeah-- why don't you go down and ask Emmett if he's done loading the hummer."

Abby nodded her head and walked out of the room. Jasper sighed loudly, and ran his hands through his hair. Inside his pocket was a ring. He wanted to ask her to marry him, but he was still scared of her rejecting him, or feeling it was too soon. They had only been together a few short months, but during those months they had covered so much ground.

He knew how Abby made him felt. It was unlike any other woman had ever lived to him. She made his heart beat again, she made him get butterflies in his stomach, and made his head spin. Even when she was human, there was an attraction there. It wasn't her blood; it was a physical attraction. A force drew him to her for some unknown reason, even when his heart belonged to someone else, he was still drew to her.

He questioned himself if the reason why was inside his pocket. Was he suppose to be the man who placed a ring on her finger? Was he the man who was suppose to spend eternity with Abby making her happy?

He pulled the small diamond out of his pocket and looked at it. If he were to fall down on one knee would she say yes? Would she say no? Would she run away? So many different outcomes. He wished he could phone Alice and ask if she saw anything in his future, but he knew that would be awkward.

Abby walked into the room and saw Jasper quickly put something down his jean pocket. She scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion, but pushed the thought of anything unusual to the back of her mind. Slowly, she walked over and pushed him down on the bed. She giggled, and took a seat on his lap.

"I love you, Jasper Hale." She said placing a kiss on his cheek.
"How much?" He questioned with a smile.
"A lot." She said.
"Just a lot?" He ask.
"I love you more than anything." She said, not knowing where he was going with this conversation.

Did he not love her? Was he having a change of heart? She remembered how he had a change of heart with Alice. . . was he having another?

"Are you having a change of heart or something?" She ask, getting defensive-- she had gave up everything for Jasper.
"What? No-- I just need to know how much you love me."
"I love you with all of my heart. You're sure about not having a change of heart?" She said, her voice breaking due to her fear of losing him.
"A change of heart? Abby-- my heart belongs to you." Jasper said.
"Then why are you asking all these questions about love?" She ask.

He groaned, and then fumbled with his pocket. Slowly he pulled out the small sparkling diamond and revealed it to her. Abby saw the sparkling diamond, and she could feel her excitement growing. Was he going to ask her to marry him? She wondered. She couldn't believe this was happening-- during the last few moments she had been scared that Jasper was going to leave her, when in reality he was going to ask her to marry him?

"I've been debating about this for days now. . . I was so scared you'd reject me." He said,
"You was scared I'd reject you?" Abby said, not being able to believe he'd actually think that.
"Let me finish." He said, chuckling, "I was so scared to lose you. . . I thought you'd think it'd be too soon." Jasper said, "But I love you; and if you choose not to accept it now, then that's fine, but hopefully one day." He said.

Abby laughed. Did he think she didn't want to marry him?

"I want to marry you, Jasper." Abby said.

He looked up at her and smiled, and then slowly took her hand in his and slid the ring onto her finger. She placed a soft, passionate kiss upon his lips. She couldn't believe she was now engaged to Jasper. It was the most amazing feeling in the world.

"Hey, love birds. We're leaving." Emmett's voice flooded the room.

Jasper pulled away from Abby, and placed a soft tender kiss on her forehead. "Let's go, fiance." He said, taking her hand in his and walking down the stairs.

She showed off her ring to Esme, and Rosalie, and then hugged Edward goodbye. They loaded into the vehicles and were on their way to Maine. She and Jasper were riding in the hummer, while everyone else followed in separate vehicles. Abby looked out the window and watched as the scenery passed her.

Some would think coming to Forks destroyed her life. She lost her family, and lost her 'life', but in another way she gained a new family, a new love, and a life. She could never remember a time where she was this happy. Jasper was her soul mate, the only person she ever wanted to be with. She couldn't wait to start their future together in Maine.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the ending to Change Of Heart. Hope everyone enjoyed it.
I'm starting a new story about Edward Cullen. The title is "Fatal Attraction", I'll try to have the first chapter out by tonight, if not by tonight then by tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for reading, commenting, and making banners for this story. I was so surprised when I saw the response it got :) As of right now I have 88 subscribers, over 300 readers, and 75 comments. So, thank each and every one of you :D

Image