Red Bloody Moon

Tall Tales.

Time passed Wolvestown by like it does every where in the world.
Now Blakechester had grown into a fine looking man, still maintaining his hunger under his skin trough all the years.

The small family sat round the kitchen table waiting for the mother's supper to arrive.
It was a small room, but it was enough for the Hainsworth family.
While they all waiting the father told one of his famous stories that his own father had passed on to him.
"It was a cold and windy night, when this all happen," he paused, he placed both of his hands on the table, and his stare moved from Blakechester to Iris, then he continued : "A night like this one. The teardrops from heaven fell on the roofs in Wolvestown, and the people thought that maybe God was crying for all the sins we had committed. Your grandfather was just on his own way home on horseback, he never told me which errands he had to do in York.
As he was riding trough a narrow path in the The Old Hag's Wood, then he heard a long piercing cry for help."
Iris hugged her own legs, because who knows what was living under the banquette? Blakechester smirked. He was surprised that the old man still had it in him, because back in the days it was Blakechester that sat there frighten to death by these tales.
"Oh yes, he went to see where the scream came from, and the sight was dreadful," again he paused, and looked over at the fireplace where the meal was cooking. The flames of the fire licked the boiling pot, as they spreading warmth and light.
"He rode towards the place where the scream came from, your grandfather and his horse. Under the Tree of Fate he found two beautiful ladies drinking a young man's blood. Their eyes were shining in the dark, and blood was dripping from their animal teethes. Your grandfather hurried back home, and didn't even make one stop, that's how frightened he was of those vampires," he looked at Iris and saw that his mission was completed. "That man was so full of lies, that he made himself believe in his own empty words," Blakechester said, and leaned back against the wall. "How dare you calling my father a liar," he banged his fists onto the table.
"Why do you scare Iris whit these tall tales?" Blakechester glanced at Iris after saying these words that he believed that were true. "This is the honest truth Blakechester, and that's why the Old Hag's Wood is forbidden because there are some creatures of the night living behind those trees," the father's eyes were suddenly becoming very serious, and he didn't have an expression on his face now.
Blakechester knew that his father's will was too big, and that he wouldn't even stop arguing about this, so he let his father have the final words.
Dead silence filled the room, even though the wind and the rain were loving each other in the night. There was something behind his father's green eyes, a secret that was going to be revealed to him soon.