So Much for a Happy Reunion

The elephant is in the room now

The sun rising was like a fresh new start for Becky. She left Gerard sleeping as she put on her clothes and walked down to get coffee. She found Marie already making coffee.

"Hey Marie." Becky said pouring her own cup.

"Hey, how were you last night?" Marie asked.

"I've been alright; I did get that dream again." Becky said Marie nodded.

"I'm sure it’ll go away." Marie said.

"I guess." Becky replied looking at Gerard who walked down the stairs making coffee. Both of them didn't say a word.
~~~~~~
Later that night they all sat in the living room, this time Marie was sitting close to Mikey who was holding her hand tightly.

"So I guess this our last night together." Ray said slightly sad.

"Yea but we'll still talk to each other." Frank said.

"Well before we leave, we need to talk about you and Becky." Mikey said to Gerard who gave him a sharp look.

"What are you getting at?" Gerard said in a dark tone.

"Well I mean come on Gee, you and Becky have been fighting since the funeral. Now what's going on?" Mikey asked.

Gerard looked at Becky who was trying not to make eye contact.

"Some thing happened long ago." Becky said.

"That's still going on now." Gerard said.

"Gerard." Becky said in a sharp tone.

"What Becky? Do you still not want people to know? Even if now your beloved Pete is six feet under?" Gerard asked.

"See? This is what I'm talking about!" Mikey said pointing at the both of them.

"Should you tell them or should I?" Gerard asked. Becky didn't even say a word. "Alright, I'll talk."

Everyone looked at him but Becky who still was avoiding eye contact.

"Remember when Pete and Becky had a fight? Well I came to her to comfort her and it lead us fucking on my bed." Gerard said letting the secret come out. Everyone looked at Becky.

"But, you were a virgin right?" Marie asked.

"She was until she got with me." Gerard replied.

Becky made a sharp look at Gerard, but he wasn't done.

"Oh but that doesn't stop there, after that she got back with Pete without telling him what we did. She lied to him, telling him she was still a virgin and he was the first."

Becky looked away on the verge of tears.

"Now here's the kicker," Gerard continued. "Pete committed suicide, why would do that? Unless he found out about something." He got close to Becky "How did he found out?"

Becky looked at him with tears in her eyes. "One night, when me and Pete had sex...I called out your name instead of his."

Gerard backed up a little completely shocked.

"Then we started talking, and I told him everything." She continued.

"And he lost it." Gerard said "Well it explains why I was cut off from the rest of the world. But why did he commit suicide?"

Becky looked at him in disbelief "Gerard, I confessed I lied about something that was valuable to him and me. How would you feel?"

"I wouldn't know," Gerard replied "I beat him to it."

"Son of a Bitch!" Becky hissed slapping him across the face "Why are you still like this?"

"Because I know something you are still trying to hide! Are you ashamed? Ashamed on how you really feel about me?"

"Alright you wanna know something? Yea I love you! I love you more then Pete. But everything I sleep I relive that day with Pete and it kills me!" Becky yelled while everything went silent. Becky broke down crying running out to somewhere with Gerard close behind, along with everyone else.