Sunsets to Sunrises

Cry Little Sister

[Maddie’s POV]
Daisy and I drove silently to my house in the backseat of John’s car.

“You were amazing tonight, Maddie!” John said, trying to spark up a conversation.

“Thanks. You really think so? I was so scared because Jake wasn’t there.”

“You were awesome, like always,” Daisy chirped in, giving my hand a pat. I smiled back at her before pulling her into a hug.

“Maddie, you know, we haven’t ever sung together,” John pointed out as he turned the car around a corner to my house.

“I know, right?” my mind instantly leaving the ever conscious thought of Jake. “We have to sometime before you guys leave on tour. When are you going, by the way?”

“Next week.”

“Oh.” I didn’t think that I would be in a good enough mood to preform again within a week. Everything seemed to be so rushed lately. “Um, well after tour then?”

“How about during tour?” John, much to my surprise, asked.

“What? How is that possible?”

“Maddie, neither Daisy or I like the idea of leaving you here without any of your close friends. Especially after what happened today. We’d been thinking about it for a while, but had always sort of turned away from the idea of bringing you on tour because of your issues with Kennedy,” when he said that I gave him a glare, “and you have a right to those issues!” John added in, saving him from an hour of lecturing, “but I think that you would benefit more if you came.”

“So?” I asked.

“So!” John laughed, “I’m not proposing to you! How about it - come on tour with us?” he asked just as he pulled into my driveway.

I thought about it for a bit. I’d be spending hours upon hours in the same van with Kennedy. But I knew that being alone would be worse. “Yea, John, I’ll go with you.”

John smiled childishly and bent into the back seat to give me an awkward scissor hug. He then kissed Daisy lightly on her lips before we got out of his car and ran into my house.

Normally when Daisy stays over we stay up all night talking about Jake and John - but given the circumstances we chatted only a few hours before drifting off to sleep, wrapped up in each others arms.

“Maddie?” Daisy whispered before she fell asleep, “are you alright?”

I only had a few tears in my eyes, but I’d be of far worse is Daisy wasn’t there to keep me company. “Yea. I think so. Thanks for being here Daisy, it means a lot.”

“I love you, ya know that? I really do.” She smiled and then closed her eyes without waiting for me to respond.

She already knew that I wasn’t going to say I love you back - that I just couldn’t ever say those three words. Not since then.
♠ ♠ ♠
that's damn right subscribers!
another update! oh, omg, i was writing this today and i finished writing chapter 13.
so, you guys are way behind
comment more and maybe there will me 2 updates in a day (did i really just say that?)
thank you to those who have been commenting, you know who you are and i love you for it!

if you have any ideas about the story or predictions, tell me!
xxoo