Tell Me Everything

Right decisions?

My face lit up with surprise and happiness.
"Do you mean that?"
"With every ounce of my being. I've wanted to tell you or so long, Cora. Only, you were with Mason, and you were so happy. Or at least, you seemed so happy." he trailed off, looking off into space.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I said.
"It's okay, I understand. I really do." he said.
"Before we can actually be together, I need to talk to Mason. I don't want to lie to him." I said, slightly scared at the thought.
"Do you want to do it on your own? Because if not, I could go with you. Or Jack, or Alex, or Rian... Or all of us." He said, smiling at the last part.
"No, this is something I need to do alone." I sighed. "I'd better go. I'll text you later."
Zack said something, but I wasn't really listening as I walked out the door while calling Mason.
It rang four times before he answered. "Hey babe!" he sounded so excited.
"H-hey. Can we meet somewhere?" I asked, knowing my voice sounded scared. I worried that maybe he knew what was coming, how I felt.
"Of course! Is everything okay?" he asked. God! Why was he being so nice? He was making things so difficult for me. I needed to remember his face that night. I shuttered when the images started to fill my head.
"We just need to talk." I said, hoping he wouldn't realize what we needed to talk about.
"Okay."
We made plans to meet at the local coffee shop at 3pm. It was 2:30 now, so I decided to just head over, giving me time to think about what I was going to say. As 3 o'clock rolled around, I knew I wasn't ready for this, but it was too late; he was walking through the door.
His face lit up when he saw me.
"Hey, babe!" he said happily, oblivious about what was going to happen.
He leaned into kiss me once he reached the table, but I quickly turned my head, avoiding his lips. He looked confused and.. Angry? Almost. I needed to just do this any get it over with.
"Hey... we need to talk." I said quietly, my insides twisting into knots.
"Alright. Well, talk." he said.
"I.. I-I think we n-need to...b-break up." I whispered, never taking my gaze off the floor.
It was silent for a minute, a very long minute. I felt like the world had stopped turning. I waited anxiously for his response.
"What?" He said, he voice rising a level. "You're cheating on me!" he stated angrily.
"Wh-what? No! How could you even say that? I loved you! But we've grown apart.." I said, trailing off in fear. I was hoping things wouldn't go like this.
"You slut!" his voice boomed as his hand made contact with my cheek. I wasn't expecting that; not here in the coffee shop. I closed my eyes, the force of his hand had knocked my off of the stool I was sitting on and onto the floor. A worker clearly ran over when he heard the screaming and stood in front of Mason.
"What are you doing?! Get out before I call the police!" The worker yelled.
Mason stood, gallery angrily at me. "Don't think we're finished here, Cora. We're far from finished." he said before turning and heading out the door.
"Miss? Are you alright?" he asked.
I sat silently for a moment before I could even find words to speak. "Y-y-yeah." I finally stammered. "I'm f-fine."
"Alright. Is there someone you want me to call? Or the police?" he asked after helping me to my feet.
I thought for a second, then grabbed my phone and purse and turned to walk toward the door. "No thanks. I've got it, but thank you. Goodbye." I said before running out the door. I quickly dialed Zack's number.
It rang four times before he answered. I was shaking, already in the car. "Hello?" he asked.
"Zack..." was all I managed to get out before the full blown tears started, and I couldn't calm down enough to talk.
"Cora? Calm down, where are you?" he asked frantically.
Even though I was upset, the concern in his voice assured me I had made the right decision. But would Mason understand that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. talk about a life time!! Hopefully I'll be writing more now. :] comments.