Status: Completed :)

I Nick Jonas Hate the Bass Player

Chapter 70

30 Years Later…
I walked down the hall, gracefully trying to not make a noise as I knew Nick was on an important phone call. I knocked on the door and lightly pushed the large door open.
Seeing Nick sitting at his desk I smiled. He was looking at a large stack of papers and flipping through them.
“Hey beautiful” he said standing up and walking around his desk
“I know you’re busy but I came by to just tell you I love you” I said smiling as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
“Well I’m not busy now. Sit down with me”

We sat down and cuddled on the couch as we looked at each other. Nick always being in a suit was different and it’s something I was still trying to get use to.

“I haven’t seen you in a while. How have you been?” He asked
“I’ve been good. Missing my husband that’s for sure, but I’ve gotten use to our new life.” I said smiling
“I’m glad” He said

Nick and I kissed lightly and smiled at each other.

“Must be nice to have 2 couches in your office” I said smiling
“It’s not too shabby. I’ve rarely sat in them since we’ve moved in to this castle”

Nick always called our new house a castle. Well, it was the largest castle in the country you could say.

“It’s weird seeing my wife in a skirt suit always. I’m use to my wife who wore jeans and cardigans” he said kissing my cheek.
“Well you can say that I’ve adapted to our new way of life.”
“I’m glad. You know if you’re ever feeling as though you haven’t seen me, butt in. My wife seeing me and having one kiss means more to me than anything.”

I smiled at him and kissed him holding his jaw.

“I miss seeing you everyday” he said
“I miss you too but you know where I’m at”
“I know, it’s just so hard to leave this office and have privacy”

He said that looking at the guards at the door.

“It’s ok though. At least we’re here together, you know?” I asked
“Exactly. You know that’s what I love most about you. You’re always so positive”
“Well, I’m just happy about life, that’s all”
“I’m glad” he said looking at me

We were staring at each other and I lightly grabbed Nick’s tie and brought him in for another kiss.
Just as we were about to get more into the kiss we heard a knock.
“Dad! I need to talk to you!”

Maggie our 17 year old daughter came in with her car keys.

“What do you need Maggie Moo?”
“Dad, don’t call me that! Anyways, my car won’t start”
“Well let me finish talking to your mother and I’ll go down with you and look at the engine.”

As she left the room, Nick looked back at me.

“Sorry. Got to love being a parent” he said smiling

I smiled and stood up fixing my suit.

“Well, I’ve got a conference call with the American Heart Association. Its women’s heart health month and I’m speaking later. Hints the red suit skirt” I said giggling.
“Well I don’t want my wife splitting too soon” he said standing up and pulling me into him
“I’ve got to go babe” I said kissing him
“How about we have a night to ourselves out on the town?”
“Sure, just schedule it with Marcy” I said

Marcy was my secretary. Yeah, we’ve gotten important enough to have our own secretaries…I almost forgot what life was like after this new change.

“Mr. President! It’s time for your meeting with the Secretary of State” the secret service man said
“I’m on my way. Give me 2 more minutes Jeff?”
“Sure Mr. President”

He shut the door behind him and Nick and I just stood there standing in each other’s arms.

“I still can’t get over you’re mine” he said
“You’ve had me since I was 16” I said smiling
“You’re so beautiful and soft…you’re my angel” he said running my cheek
“Well you’re my world no matter if we really don’t see each other everyday.”

He smiled at me and kissed me lightly.

“DADDYYY!!” I heard
“Mary Bear!” I heard Nick say back

He crouched down to see our 4 year old daughter hug his leg.

“Mommy!” She said smiling huge
“Hi Mary Bear!” I said crouching down

She hugged us both and Jeff came again.

“Mr. President, the Secretary of State is running late. Mrs. Jonas, your car for the conference call is here.”
“Ok, thank you Jeff” I said

I stood up and Nick brought me to him, still with little Mary at his leg.

“Tonight, come back here and come see me” he said
“I will” I said

As I walked out and down the hall, I realized that I left my clutch on Nick’s couch. Walking back and slightly opening the door I saw Nick there with Mary. She was on top of his feet and they were dancing together.

“Daddy did you dance with mommy like this when you got married?” she asked
“I did and your mommy was an angel that day” he said looking down at her
“Daddy will you dance with me on my wedding day?” she asked
“Of course Mary Bear. I love you, you little monster” he said picking her up and kissing her cheek
“I love you too daddy”

I closed the door quietly behind me and looked at Jeff.

“Just make sure I get my clutch back in my room Jeff. I don’t need Mary going in and taking it.” I said smiling
“No problem. Anything for the First Lady”

It wasn’t until I walked away it had a ring…First Lady…I could get use to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end :) Sorry it's SOOO beyond late but it's better late than never. Hope you all love the ending. I've been dying to get this out but i never got time to.

Comment and Message

Hope you all enjoyed this story.

-Laura