Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

In All This Chaos

Chapter Two

There was a few moments of silence as Pat and I awaited for the waitress to come and take our orders, well more like Pat's order.

The bell that clung onto the top of the entrance door of the diner jingled alerting everyone that someone had just either entered or left the diner, but by the looks of it, someone was just entering, because here comes none other than John scanning his eyes around the diner and after spotting Pat and I he began speed walking over to Pat and I's booth.

My sad expression was quickly replaced with an angry one as I saw his face. I looked over to Pat and his face was held with such confusion as my lips thinned to a straight line and eyebrows furrowed as I looked back up to John. Pat had taken to notice that my eyes were fixated on someone else other than him. He turned around to see for himself to know why a sudden change of my facial expression, his mouth was agape slightly knowing something was about to go down.

How the hell did he find me. I thought. Then it hit me. Justin Richards was a dead man. I grabbed my purse and slung it over my arm getting ready to leave and I guess John may have noticed because he started calling out my name.

"Jay! Jasey! Please!" He just kept calling out like a mad man. People were looking at us already and it was quite embarrassing.

I got out of the booth, but without acknowledging Pat before I left. "I'm sorry Pat. I really wanted this to be nice, but I have to go. I'll call you, I promise." I apologized. He only nodded understanding and I proceeded to leave. I walked past John quickly brushing his shoulder with mine almost shoving him.

"Jasey!" He yelled again. He looked at Pat and Pat just shrugged to him. John ran out of the diner quickly on my trail. By now I had made it into my car. I was picking out the key to my vehicle until a knock on the window startled me. I dared turned and saw John's face.

Thunder roared again only adding to the heavy rainfall coming down now. I rolled my eyes and continued on looking for the right key. I could faintly hear John through the pouring rain and window separating us.

"Jasey, please let me talk to you!" He yelled.

This scene was so painfully familiar to me.

-FLASHBACK-

My vision became blurry as Kennedy let me go after hearing John call my name. I quickened my pace as I took a look bad to see John hot on my trail. I headed inside and I guess wasn't paying any attention since I could rarely see through the spots of tears in my eyes that have yet to fall. When I made it to the front of the house I bumped into someone.

"Jasey." I looked up and saw Pat. He quickly noticed my expression and asked: "Jasey, what happened?"

I shook my head. "I...John...he and Laura." I jumbled not making any particular sense, but when I blinked and the the tears that escaped my eyes cleared my sight, looking up at Pat, I could tell by his expression that he understood me.

"Oh no, Jasey. I'm sorry." He said pulling me into a hug.

"No Pat. I should've listened-" I was cut off by more yelling.

"Jasey!" John yelled loudly.

Pat and I looked over at him squeezing his way between people to get out to the front lawn. Pat turned back to me and I said: "I have to go. I'll call you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He nodded and let me leave. I ran to my car getting inside of it quickly. I took my keys out and found the correct one, but not getting off the hook rather quickly.

"Jasey!" I gasped hearing my name and seeing John already by my side, the car window just separating us. "Jasey!" He yelled even louder as I started my car. I didn't care if I ran over his foot or whatever. I just drove away from him.


-END OF FLASHBACK-

I found the correct key and started my car. "Jasey!" John yelled as I began to back up. He continued yelling my name and by now I was just about damned near sick of hearing my name!

It's been months and he's still actually trying. I mean part of me still loved him, but the other was just so stubborn to try and kiss and make up. I couldn't take it though from what he did. I mean my own friend? Again, I didn't care if I crushed his foot he hurt me worse. I drove away from him once again.