Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

In All This Chaos

Chapter Four

The car ride wasn't all that awkward as I thought out it to be. I spoke to Pat the entire time. The rest of the guys were either asleep or doing something to keep themselves entertained for the majority of the ride. I refused to look anywhere in front of me to avoid any eye contact with John from the rearview mirror.

"We're here." John declared after a few hours of driving and turned off the car.

We were at a hotel for the night. We were to meet the rest of the bands and crew the next day when the tour would start. As we all piled into the lobby with our luggage, we began to figure out who was rooming with who.

Max being in charge of the tour stated as he handed the cards to each pair: "Garrett and Kennedy. Pat and Jared. John and-"

"I'm rooming with Pat." I butted in suddenly.

"What?" Max asked confusingly.

Did anyone not remember why I hated John?

"I'm rooming with Pat." I said again.

"Well Jared if you're okay with-" Max was about to ask Jared for permission if he could switch rooms with me. There shouldn't be no permission for that. It should be a clear understanding that I wasn't going to room with John.

"I'm rooming with Pat that's that or I'll just go home and you can be short of a merch person." I stated bluntly. It was cruel, but I wasn't lying.

"I feel so loved." Pat said trying to enlighten the moment.

"No, no. It's okay, here take it." Jared said saving the band of a merch person and handed me his card to the room. He wasn't mad at me for wanting to switch rooms. I guess he just remembered that things weren't straight with John and I anymore or would be anytime soon.

"Thanks." I replied and took a glance at John next to him. He looked pretty upset. I hope he understood that I didn't want anything to do with him throughout this entire tour. He knew what he had done.

"Looks like we're roomies John." Jared said.

John nodded and said quietly: "Cool."

As Pat and I entered our room I dropped my bags and immediately collapsed on one of the beds. Quickly, I snatched the remote until Pat could.

"No fair!" Pat yelled in disbelief.

"Too bad." I said sticking my tongue out at him playfully and turned the television on. Just when I thought things were alright, without warning Pat tackled me on my bed. I yelped as he struggled to get a hold of the remote in my hands.

"Pat get off!" I yelled playfully.

"No! Not until you give me the remote!" He yelled back as I struggled under his weight that was coming down on me as he tried even harder to steal the remote.

"In your dreams, Kirch!" I retorted flipping us around with all the force I had in me. Sitting on top of his back I yelled victoriously: "Ha! Total domination!"

"You're crushing me, Jase."

I gasped and said: "Pat, you weigh more than I do."

With such a force that I used, but with more he bounced us off the bed and to the floor.

"Ow...Paaat." I said whining, stretching his name, as we landed on our backs. It hurt and almost knocked the wind out of me. After resting on the floor for a while Pat quickly reached for the remote that was still in my hand, but thank goodness for my quick reflexes I held it to my chest away from him. Pat wouldn't give up. He still tried to pry the remote away from me, we didn't hear someone come in.

"Okay, you two quit it." Garrett said jokingly.

Pat looked up and said: "She has the remote."

"So what?" Garrett asked.

"Yeah." I said as I stood up and dusted myself off.

"You and her are almost like twins so whatever she watches you'll enjoy it anyways." Garrett commented.

"Shut up Garrett!" Pat said back defeated and knowing that what he stated was true.

"Ha." I said and taking my place on the bed again.

"So why'd you decide to pay us a visit, Garrett?" Pat asked.

"Oh, I only came along."

"What?" I asked.

"Um, Pat I think you have my bag by mistake." John said coming into view.

"Oh, really?" Pat asked and looked for John's bag.

I turned my attention away from them and resumed to flipping the channels.