"Who doesn't care?" He simply replied, "The Moon"

The sets of violet eyes I will never forget.

Are You Taylor.......We're sorry..your mother is dead.......drunk driver.....you can't live here alone..say goodbye.........

The room shifted into focus. My head was pounding. The feeling complemented my swollen red eyes. I rubbed them, hoping the puffyness would go away. Thank god summer just started. Thank god there is no school. Thank god I don't have to look anyone in the eyes.

My aunt has left me be...after what happened only 14 hours ago. 14 hours ago, I was a pretty girl with a loving mother, waiting for her to come home with our favorite; Chinese food. Now?..I'm a sobbing red puff balled orphan.

My Aunt's real name is Gina. And that's what I call her, Gina. She leaves for China this morning. For a week. She goes on a lot of business trips so I've been told. I guess being on the ladder to CEO of a company has its perks..and stresses. She wants me to explore the neighborhood while she's gone but.. I don't think I can leave. In a few minutes, Gina would be getting in a taxi and leaving..and I would have nothing to do. Yes..I hear her coming up the stairs now. Great..just what I need..human interaction.

knock, knock

"Taylor.." came an almost song like whisper. "I'm leaving now...I love you."
And she moved softly down the stairs.

I can feel my eyes grow hot with tears as I hear the taxi pull away. My mom...what will I ever do without her? How am I suppose to survive here? I need her...I love her so much..

The tears couldn't be stopped. Nothing could. Not the violent shaking. Not the fever. Not the sick feeling in my stomach. I can hear the song she used to sing to me when I got sick...It's just making it worse..

"Ryan!"

I sat up and quickly looked out the window. I can't see the street from here. I stepped over to it. Through my tears, I saw to boys..they looked around 18? 19?

Both had black hair..though one had a streak of turquoise blue..the other had a streak of lime green. Both in black jeans. Both in button up shirts. The Green haired boy's was black with a red tie, the blue haired boy's was white with a back tie. It wasn't fancy, very casual. But attractive. They were joke pushing each other around, laughing. I was still crying as I watched them. The more I looked at them, the more alike they became. I had gathered their names were Ryan and Josh, but I wasn't sure which is which. Suddenly the blue haired boy made a glance at my window. By accident. Then, he did a double take. He stared up at me. Whoa...his eyes were beautiful. A lovely shade of violet. They made my heart stop. He nudged the other who looked up at me too. Their eyes were like matching pair of Amethyst. I hiccuped and dived away from the window. I realized I had been staring at them crying. What they must think I wonder. What would my mother say at a time like this? She'd probably giggle at me..yes.

The door bell? I looked down to the street again, and they were gone. It rang again. I wiped my eyes and flattened my hair while moving slowly down the stairs to the door. I opened it. There they were. A lot taller than I thought. The blue haired one stared at me ofr a moment, then hugged me. For no reason other than I was crying. The green haired one patted my head softly. And even though they were complete strangers, I found myself crying in front of them, sobbing out what had happened to me. The green haired one held my hand. The blue haired one kept hugging me.

------------------------

I guess I must have passed out. I was back in the guest bedroom..well MY room now. The two boys were no where to be found. Had I dreamed them? Then I heard pairs of footsteps, and a flash of green hair peeking into the doorway. Then a pair of white, perfect smiles were sitting on either side of me.

"Hello." The blue haired one smiled cheerily. "I'm Josh. That's Ryan. We're twins!" He said, but it was quite unnecessary. I could tell at once that they were. Both had a lip piercing on the lower left side. Josh had his lime green, Ryan's was blue. they're skin was almost flawless. Everything about them was beautiful.

"What's your name?" Ryan's slightly deeper voice asked.

"T..Taylor." I whispered.

"Welcome to the neighborhood, Tay."

and..Tay stuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? :)