Afterglow

soft and wanting

His fingertips are pliant on Kris’ mouth, and he’s clueless to how they ended up there. Kris stares at him like he wants to turn away, but can’t, even if their bodies aren’t tangled and there’s still distance mapping between them on the bed.

Adam feels his own lips part in wonder at the softness of the chapped skin on Kris’, and he grazes over heat, which hadn’t been there a second ago. A gentle hand closes on his wrist, its twin rising to hide a flushed face.

“I don’t think we should…”

“Why not?”

“I…” Kris inches a few breaths away. “I don’t know what’s going to happen. This is too… I mean, I’m married…”

“I don’t want to steal you away from your wife,” Adam says somberly, mirth dry from his usual tone. “But this isn’t getting easier, and you just seem like you could use some company.” He can’t help a smile. “So could I.”

“Oh.”

Adam stretches on the bed. “Come on, it’s cold without a blanket.”

Kris hesitates, then gingerly lies down, warm and tensed. Adam bites his lip, and wants, and after too much of that, lets his arm slip around his roommates’ ribs, settling on the angles of his waist.

Time moves slower without a glow-in-the-dark clock, and he feels Kris’ body relax against him, muscles unwinding as his lungs inhaled evenly, as his heartbeat slowed. Then his hand finds Adam’s, and clumsily entwines them, touch by dizzying touch.

“Hey,” Kris whispers.

Adam chuckles into his hair. “I have a name, you know.”

“I know,” Kris scoffs, but can’t pull it off.

Adam blows on his neck, speaks to his skin. "Really?"

"I know your name."

“What is it, then, newlywed?”

“Adam.”

It’s strange to hear his name in that wispy, honey-sweet voice, and it catches him off guard so much that his own voice cracks as he says, “You got me there.”

Kris turns and something flickers across his face, his mouth poised like a question. Adam wavers, then forgoes all other answers for an overdue kiss. Kris’ lashes meet his cheeks and Adam shudders as they break away.

The rise and fall of Kris’ chest stops, and Adam waits for him to breathe.

“Why are you doing this?”

The answer isn’t genius, but it’s true. “The usual reasons, I guess. I like you, and you’re cute.”

“Girls are cute.”

“They’re not my preference,” he nearly laughs. “You are.”

Kris glances up and shocks him a bit; anger doesn’t suit him either. “I’m not a girl.”

Adam pulls their hips together. “You sure?”

“You’re terrible,” Kris groans, putting up no resistance.

Adam grins as he pushes his leg amidst Kris’ thighs. “I couldn’t pass it up.”

“Yeah, you could,” Kris protests, already sounding distracted. “You just didn’t want to.”

“Guess you’re right.” Adam hooks a finger under the rim of Kris’ boxers. “I am kind of a jerk.”

The noises from Kris’ throat sound like agreement, and Adam uses his mouth to silence him as he reaches down between them.

“I’ll make it up to you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.