Cheer Up Emo Kid

Hurt

(Zach's POV)

I don't wanna live, I don’t wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to you never felt so real


I groaned and put my head under the pillow hoping the sound would stop. Thankfully it did and the room when quiet again! I drifted back to sleep.

-5 min later-

I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way you make me feel
Waking up to you never felt so real


I groaned not happy about being woken up again! I tried to roll over only to be stopped by something. Only to realize it was a someone. A sexy someone come to think of it. I smiled down at A.J even though he couldn't see me, seeing as he was still asleep. I sat up to get his cell when it the voice mail picked it up. It must have been on speaker because I could hear it.

Uhhh hi A.J it's me Halley...look I’m at the park by yours if you get this soon...ummm yea Skyla got my again, I’m pretty beat up and I could really use a friend right now. oh no poor girl! I hate when this happens! You and Zach forgot my birthday Ahhhh shit she's totally right! I feel awful now! I heard her sniff, I think she's crying. I can't believe it! Well yea -sniff- call back please.

The line went dead. I sat their stunned. Not only did she get beat but it was on her birthday! One that me and A.J had been to wrapped up in our new relationship to remember! Not only that but she's outside, all alone in the dark, crying! I quickly turned to A.J and shook him awake.

"Huh? What?" he opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled then stretched "Mmmm hey baby!" he gave me a quick peck on the cheek "I could get use to seeing you when I wake up! You look hot with your bed head!" He went in for another kiss and I pulled away. "What’s wrong baby?"

I didn't answer at first. I just got up and pulled on my pants and looking for shirt and jacket. A.J got up and stopped me from what I was doing. Taking hold of my hands and entwining our fingers together.

"Baby? Zach look at me," I looked up at him. A tear fell. "What's wrong hun?"

"I feel so horrible!"

"Wha...why?" he asked letting go of my hands. Concern lacing his features.

"Halley...She's out their," I jerked my head towards the dark sky outside of the window. "She's alone and hurt...and we forgot her birthday!" I said pulling away from him and pulling on my shirt and jacket. "I’m going out there to get her!" I said grabbing my shoes. A.J just stood there, stunned, as my words sunk into him. Suddenly he seemed to come back to life.

"Oh my gawd! We did!" He ran around the room pulling on his clothes. He was about to run out the door when he turned back to me. "Wait, how do you know where she is? Or that she even needs our help?" he asked puzzled.

"She left a message on your phone. The ringing woke me up and I heard the message," I said grabbing his cell and playing the message for him. When it was over he just grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house. Quietly of course, as to not wake his parents. Once out the door we took off running towards the park. It was only about a 10 minute walk but we couldn't let her be alone that long. Especially in Jersey! She could be killed! This made me run faster and A.J did as well. After about 5 min we reached the park and slowed down to catch are breath.

We walked over to the big Willow tree that the three of us were usually found laying under. Sure enough once A.J and I got close enough to the tree we could hear faint sobs. Without hesitation we both walked under the branches and Halley looked up at us. A.J immediately fell next to her and wrapped her in a tight hug and she started to cry again. I got down hugging her also. God knows how long we stayed like that. Huddled in big hug. A.J and I trying to comfort and calm Halley as she cried her heart out.

After a while she stopped at looked at us. A small smile played on her lips. "You came!" was all she said. A.J hugged her again.

"Well duh! We’re your best mates we wouldn't leave you hanging after you called for help!" he said letting her go again.

"We also feel so fucking terrible about yesterday! We completely forgot it was your birthday and don’t have a good reason! You have every right to hate us now!" I said. A.J nodded in agreement. She smiled and sighed.

"Naw I could never hate you guys! You came to my rescue when I needed you. That makes up for it!" she said giving us both a small kiss on the cheek.

"Halley,” I said she looked at me "you said Skyla beat you again right?"

She looked down and nodded. "Yea...so?" I looked at A.J and he seemed to understand.

"Alright pull 'em out," she gave him a puzzled look "Halley, no games! Show us your wrists!" She looked as if she were about to cry again put pulled up her hoodie none the less.
Just as we had suspected...

Fresh wounds from a not too distant cutt...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments r MUCH appreciated !!!!!! :D