Leaving My Fingerprints

Dying To Tell Him

“Your house is amazing,” Emma said as we put our stuff down in Demi’s room.

“Thanks,” she grinned. “So what do we want to do first?”

“Let’s watch a movie,” Selena suggested.

“I agree,” I said quickly.

Or we could play truth or dare,” Demi said, looking directly at me.

I groaned. Selena and Emma looked at me questioningly. “I mean, yeah uh whatever is cool with me.”

“Okay,” Demi grinned, hopping onto her bed. We all followed suit. “I’ll go first. Um, Maxie,” she said. “Truth or dare. Well it’s really truth or truth the way we play, so truth, yeah.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. This was probably her plan all along. She wasn’t going to get anything out of me. “Okay,” I said slowly. Selena and Emma exchanged a look, probably sensing the tension.

“How did you and Nick meet?” she asked, smirking.

I smiled slightly, thinking of Nick and our first meeting. “Joe stole my sandbox toy, and Nick got it back for me.”

They started laughing. “Dude, that’s so like them too,” Selena said. “Like remember when Joe always hid your guitar on tour Dem? And Nick was subtly give you hints to where it was.”

“You’d think Joe would learn not to tell Nick,” Demi laughed.

“Joe’s never been the brightest one though, has he?” I said.

Emma laughed too, but I could tell she was feeling a little out of it. She didn’t know the boys like we did. She didn’t have that history. I tried not to think about the history she’d have with them when I was gone.

“I am too bright,” Joe said, coming in. Nick and Kevin followed after, smiling apologetically.

“Hey guys,” Nick said.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” Demi asked, moving over to make room on her bed. Joe sat down.

“We’re bored,” Joe shrugged. “We came to hang out.”

“Great, we’re playing truth or truth,” Demi grinned. “Want to play?”

“Duh, that’s my game,” Joe grinned. “Whose turn is it?”

“I asked Maxie how she met Nick,” Demi explained.

“Psh, not an amusing story,” Joe rolled his eyes. “And she probably lied. I did not steal her toy if that’s what she said. Kevin back me up.”

“Yah ha,” I glared at him. “Nick, back me up.”

“Actually, you did Joe,” he said. “Sorry man.”

“And I can’t really lie,” Kevin added.

“Fine, but it was just to show you I was a man,” Joe said.

“You were 6,” I reminded him.

“And I was still cooler than you,” he grinned. “Now hurry, it’s your turn.”

I laughed. “Okay, um, Selena.”

“Yeah?” she said.

“Um, -- what is going on with you and Drew Seeley?” I asked.

“Oh God, you’re going to make me blush,” Selena laughed. “Drew and me are just friends.”

“Liar!” Joe shouted.

“Okay, I like him, but that’s it,” she sighed. “Nothing’s happened, and it probably won’t. He had a girlfriend.”

“Aww sorry hun,” I hugged her.

She smiled, and shrugged. “Okay, my turn? Um – Nick.”

“Huh,” Nick said, his attention breaking from whatever it was. I followed his gaze to surely where Emma was sitting. He blushed slightly as he caught my gaze and smiled slightly. I tried to return it. “Oh right, um sorry. Go ahead.”

“Okay, um, who did you write Inseparable for,” she asked.

“Maxie,” he said without hesitation. I tried to hide my blush and saw Joe smirking at me. “I know it has that whole love aspect. But to me, it’s really a best friend song. And she’s my best friend.”

“To the end,” I grinned, and made a face at him, smiling. I looked down at the mattress. Just friends to the end, the end that was coming closer than he knew. I had to get out of here as I felt myself breaking down.

“Okay your turn,” Kevin said to Nick.

“Okay Emma,” he said.

“Hey guys, I’m going to go get a drink real fast, okay?” I said quickly, getting up. I really didn’t want to hear what heart wrenching question he’d ask her. It would only hurt me more.

“I’ll come with you,” Demi said, getting up.

“No stay,” I said quickly.

She slumped back down, pouting. I quickly left, waiting till I was at the bottom of the stairs to let myself break down. At this point there was nothing I could do anyway. The tears were pouring down as I clutched onto the railing. Nick was my everything, and I would have to leave him. I had accepted I was dying. I was even okay with it now. But I was leaving Nick and that hurt me more than anything.

“Maxie?” Kevin’s soft voice broke my weeping.

I quickly wiped my eyes. “Oh um hi Kevin, I just um fell,” I lied, standing.

I reached over, and wiped a tear rolling down my cheek. “What’s going on Max?” he asked me, concern flooding his tone.

“It’s nothing,” I said quickly.

“Don’t lie to me,” he said. “This is more than Nick liking Emma. I can tell. What is it?”

I looked at him, his eyes boring into mine. I was never as close to Kevin as I was to Nick or Joe, but we were still really tight. He was still one of my closest friends, an older brother to me even. He was always there for me. Maybe he could be there now. I contemplated what to do. Finally I sighed. I had made my decision. “Kevin, I’m dying.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha and so the drama will start again :] What do you guys think? I know, two updates in a row. I'm keeping my promise, aren't I? So what do you think? Good? Comments pleaseee. Don't be silent readers please. Love you guys!