Status: ACTIVE.

I Won't Call This Hell

its that mouth, and those lies

I told Sophie. She came by after dinner with her parents, greeting mine and entering my room. I was sitting on my bed, flipping through one of my super old portfolios. The girl ripped the folder from my hand faster than you would have thought, and asked what was wrong.

The minute the words left my mouth, she was smiling ear to ear. Now, she wanted me to call John, or text him, or get in contact with him in any way possible. She could care less that my life was ruined. She was high on the simple and horrendous fact that her best friend was connected to the lead singer of her favorite band. Remind me to leave her out of my will.

"I'm not doing it, Soph." I told her, reaching toward my feet to retrieve my portfolio from where she had tossed it. I began flipping through the pages again, and Sophie was silent- she was probably pouting. The tapping against a keyboard did not phase me, or ring any bells in my mind. It was the vibration that followed it a few moments later that did.

My phone is almost always on vibrate. Sophie has ever poppy '90s song imaginable on her phone, for her text messages, ring tones, and call waiting.

"You didn't," I warned.

"If that's what you want to think.." She spoke slowly, trying to contain her laughter.

I dropped the book and grabbed my phone from her hands.

Something so simple, so easily said. 'Hey John. What's up?'

A reply, just as easily said. 'About to go out with Nick. You?'

'I gotta go.'

I looked at Sophie, who was staring at me with her mouth agape.

"He's going to think I have a multiple personality disorder." I frowned then, a v forming between my eyebrows.

She smiled, "Aw, you do care about him!" I smacked her leg. "Kinda," I pinched her arm. "What am I saying? You don't like him at all." I laughed.

I denied everything she said. Every single poke, mentioning any interest Imay don't have in John. That didn't stop me from excusing myself to the bathroom only a minute later, sending another message. 'Talk to you later.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, oh my.