Status: ACTIVE.

I Won't Call This Hell

you've got your plans, and you know that i've got mine

"Hey," I repositioned the phone to my ear.

"Hey," I said, and I found myself rushing in front of a group of people to sit on a bench. I couldn't stop myself from letting my books and my bag fall onto the seat beside me, while I got instantly comfortable.

John was smiling, I knew, as he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I just got out of class." With another one to get to in less than five minutes.

"Do you have another one anytime soon?"

"No, no, it was the last for the day."

"So, are you up for a late lunch or something?"

"Um, actually, I can't. I've got some stuff to do for my mom." Two weeks into this relationship, and I was already lying through my teeth. How would I sound if I told him the truth, 'Oh, I've got a class I really have to get to. You know, its one of my core classes and I've got a huge exam coming up next week and I have to stay focused in class. I'll catch you later, okay?'

Like I said, I could not stop myself from answering his phone calls. No matter how busy I was. "Maybe tomorrow, though?" I asked, biting down on my lip.

"Yea, that sounds good," I shut my eyes tight, mouthing a 'thank you' to myself. "We might go to Panera Bread or Mai Island Grill, or someplace else."

"Sounds good," I said.

"See ya then, Lynn,"

"See ya, John."

I stood up, pulling my bag over my shoulder and my books into my arms. I would have to hightail it to get to class now, but who cared? I was hurtling farther and farther into this deep pit. The good one, where I could barely keep my answers short and vague for my own benefit. The bad one, where I was lying- also for my own benefit. For John's. For my own sanity.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really, really, really want feedback.