Status: ACTIVE.

I Won't Call This Hell

and this is the part where you find out who you are

Here I was, allowing myself this freedom. I was doing what I wanted, tapping my fingers on the plastic table top and skimming my menu. I sipped the coke my waitress set in front of me and requesting to wait to order for when the rest of the party arrived.

"Hello beautiful," I looked up, hearing the voice close behind me. John zipped by, placing a kiss on my cheek and sliding into the bench opposite mine. I smiled, pulling my glass out of his way as he laid his menu out.

Our waitress came back, and she took our order once we were ready. She smiled and laughed when John asked her what the 'Tall Man's Platter' was. She asked us if we were a couple, and then continued to tell us how adorable we were, and when she brought us our food she threw in a free piece of pie.

After we left, there was a twenty dollar tip on our table.

**

I liked walking down the street with John. I liked having his arm wrapped around my torso, and mine around his back. I liked how our feet shuffled together at the same pace over the pavement.

I enjoyed it when he pointed to various buildings, or street corners,* rambling off a short memory he had from those places. Or the significance some places held, like the parking lot he used to hang out in as a teenager. It astounded me, that I had seen these places before, but never knew how much they had meant to others.

It also amazed me, how easily I let all of this happen. Sure, I enjoyed all of it, but not once did my mind tell me to pull away from his arm when I saw someone walking towards us. Or when a car slowed in the road. Never once did I think about putting space between us.
♠ ♠ ♠
*That sounds so bad. I swear, he did not pick up and hookers at street corners in my story.

The part at the diner didn't matter. It was mainly the fact that Lynn went. She's starting to commit.

Overall, its a shit-chapter.