Status: ACTIVE.

I Won't Call This Hell

i love the way you know just what to say

I crossed my legs, right over left, scooting up some in my chair. I folded my hands on my knee, covering my bare skin and checking that my skirt wasn't sliding back somewhere it shouldn't. "You okay?"

I turned towards John, spread out on the couch. I nodded my head, "Yea, why?"

"You're being really fidgety." I pulled a face at him. "Its just the guys, Lynn. You don't have to worry about what they think of you or anything. I mean, they should be worried about what you think of them."

I scoffed. "I've met them before. I love them." I pulled my skirt down again.

John raised an eyebrow. Before he could say anything else, there was a heavy knock on the door, followed by a high pitch scream and loud laughter. John chuckled, either at what was knocking on his front door or the expression on my face, as he went to let in his friends.

Today was the day I was meeting the rest of the boys in The Maine. Officially meeting them, that is. It was an idea that I didn't object to, but still made me ancy. I wasn't nervous of what they thought of me, more of the way I act. When I say the way I act, I mean how I act around John. Would they be able to tell that I wasn't giving one hundred percent to this relationship? Would they see how one moment I could be a stiff board sitting next to my boyfriend, and the next moment I was melted into his side? Would that put them in an uncomfortable position around me forever? Was I crazy for even thinking these things?

Apparently, I was.

My name was the first thing I heard out of everyone's mouths. It was a loud chorus, that made me jump from my seat and give everyone a reason to fall into a fit of laughter.

"Hey, I'm Kennedy," I shook the hand that was extended to me, smiling at the round face and nice smile. After Kennedy's hello, Jared, Garrett and Pat introduced themselves to me. They then piled onto the couch and love seat. John began to move next to Jared, when there was another loud knock on the door.

"Hey," a dark haired boy said, walking inside quickly and taking the seat next to Jared.

"Dude, what the hell? No one invited you!"

"Doesn't matter." The boy said, before noticing me. "Max," he said, waving.

"Lynnette," I smiled. He nodded, and John returned. He gave me a sheepish look as he came closer, and I made sure to make room for him beside me. He collapsed beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders just as Pat let out a loud squeal and flinched away from Garrett. I didn't know what had happened, being too preoccupied with assuring John a seat.

**

Following the pointing fingers, I found the kitchen. After opening a few cabinets, I found a glass to fill with a drink of water. Sipping the cold water, I looked at the pictures hung on the refrigerator. There were three pictures: a family photo with all of John's immediate family, one of John, his dad, and his younger brother, and the last was an old photo of The Maine. There was an SUV in the background, all of the doors open, and the five boys were all piled together in front of it, smiling and looking excited.

I turned back towards the sink, to lay my glass there. A quick shriek escaped my lips, and I placed a hand over my heart to steady my breathing.

"Holy shit, John! You scared the bejeebeebers out of me!" I scolded him, looking up at his face. An amused smirk was what I found.

"Sorry," he chuckled. He took the glass from my hand, putting it on the counter and stepping closer to me. "So, was it worth it to be so nervous?"

"I wasn't nervous," I mumbled, avoiding his eyes.

"Yea, and neither was I," he said sarcastically. His hands were on my waist. I looked up, my chin on his chest. "You were nervous," he stated.

"I was." He bent his head, his lips capturing mine. My mouth pressed against his, my fingers light on his face. John's kisses were different, I was learning. Our first kiss was sweet, the second heavy, the ones to follow leaving me breathless. This kiss made me want to live somewhere cold, so I could sit in front of a warm fireplace. I liked that feeling.

"Ooh, sorry," I was the one who pulled away as we both heard this, stepping back and putting space between us.

"Oh, don't let me interrupt," Max was the one who hadsaved me interrupted. He retreated, winking at me as he went. My face burned red hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I quit coming up with lyrics from The Maine for the chapter titles. Its too difficult, since I don't plan anything for this story. Sorry it's been 3 weeks since the last update.

Image