Status: ACTIVE.

I Won't Call This Hell

pretty boys try to get next to you

This was definitely one of the most awkward days of my life.

From John finding me, to our feelings being poured out like tea, to apologizing to my best friends, and now this. Sleeping arrangements for tonight.

See, I was more than comfortable with sleeping on a lounge couch. More than comfortable for two reasons. One, no matter how good of terms we all could be on, I'm an intruder on this bus. Two, I'm unsure of how mended my relationship is with anyone on this bus.

The only problem is, the lounge couch is taken. So are the front couches and the bunks. I'm cool with sleeping on the ground, but that idea got shut down the second I proposed it. So, here everyone is, filling out a quickly thrown together "Attraction to Lynnette" chart.

"Is this necessary, man? I mean, Lynn can sleep with me. She'll live. I don't bite," I tilted my head toward Max, who had spoken, catching the wink he threw at me.

"Until I work this out... until we work something out, no." John practically growled his last word at his friend. I rolled my eyes, ignoring this.

To a surprise, no one passes Scott-free. But to the real surprise, Max is the one who comes out with the lowest score, which means that he is the least likely to try to sway me in any intimate way.

I raise my eyebrows, shaking my head. How he could be the one... I didn't know. Then again, the chart wasn't that in-depth. It only asked certain questions like, "Are you in a relationship you aren't looking to screw up?" and "Have you ever had any slight attraction to Lynn?" The whole thing was pointless and dumb, if you asked me.

Finally, two hours later, after the sleeping arrangements had been "decided" and people were finally making their way to a place to sleep, I was getting tired. Only, after thirty minutes of laying on the edge of one of the bottom bunks with Max, I still couldn't get to to sleep. I continued to stare out the four or five inch opening of the curtain, looking at the blue LCD built into the wall.

I continued to stare at the clock for thirty minutes, quietly moving the curtain slightly, just touching the fabric. The air outside of the bunk was significantly cooler than it was beside Max, who was knocked out beside me, snoring softly in the opposite direction. Though we were both a little crammed in here together, I was thankful for Max's generosity in sharing with me. He hadn't complained once as he crawled in before me, as I had squished myself beside him, kicked him a few times by accident.

I sighed, resting my head on my arm. I might as well close my eyes; that might make my chances of actually sleeping higher. I pulled the curtain closed more, leaving about an inch and a half, and tried to focus on Max's light snoring and the warmth of the bunk.

I fell asleep somewhere between 2:20 AM and John grabbing my hand from the bunk above.
♠ ♠ ♠
JUST LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BANNER UP THERE OH MY GOSH ANNIE IS GOD ANNIE IS GOD ANNIE IS GOD ANNIE IS GOD. I'VE BEEN DYING TO UPDATE THIS STORY SO YOU ALL CAN SEE IT ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL? AHHHHH.

Oh, and did anyone think that the chapter title was going to lead to something.. like sexy time? YOU KNOW. Because it's all, "when the pretty boys try to get next to you,
they really just want to have sex with you."

Oh, and if anyone is looking to join my contest the link be over herrrrr.