Suicide and Chemotherapy... Just What I've Always Wanted

A Little Explination

II

Autumn was 16 when she met Billie. She was in his ninth period class when the teacher introduced her as a new student. She was assigned Billie’s lab partner, and after a while, they became good friends and eventually a couple.
It’s your basic love story: Two people meet, they become friends, they crush on each other, they become a couple… blah, blah, blah- I’ve heard it all before. But that’s when everything takes a turn out of what the story was supposed to be written.
It wasn’t until Autumn’s parents died and she and Billie were going steady for a while when she began getting distant. It was around then when he noticed she’d come to class completely stoned; her grades were dropping, and she avoided him as much as possible. It was also around that time when he saw she was cutting her wrists, having thoughts of suicide, and becoming depressed.
Billie knew it wasn’t good, and she was getting herself into trouble. He decided that he had to do something about this so-called ‘problem’, and had to stop her before she did something that she’d regret.
So he did, and the first time he confronted her, it turned into a huge argument. While they were having the fight, she let slip that she was being forced to live with her uncle, who was an abusive alcoholic. Billie couldn’t let that happen to the woman he was beginning to fall in love with. She was in danger; with herself.
Billie had no choice, nor did he want a choice. Living at home with his mother and siblings, another refugee would be welcomed.
He decided that Autumn would come and live with him and his family. At first, she refused. But after her uncle had kicked her out after hearing about her and Billie’s relationship, Billie’s offer was still open.
It was rough, for both Autumn and Billie. Autumn’s problems were beginning to stop, with Billie’s help and support.
So many tears and screams were shared between the both of them, with fights and late-night withdrawals.
So many times Autumn wished she was in the car the night her parents were killed. It probably would’ve been quicker and less painful then the suicide that Autumn had tried one too many times. All of which, Billie convinced her to hang on and stay with him, because he loved her so much, it would kill him to live without her.
But after she had stopped doing the drugs and the self-mutilation stopped, she was pulling herself back together. Slowly, but surely.
Autumn had lived with Billie and his family for about two years, being clean of drugs and cuts for a year and a half of those years.
She had turned 18 and graduated with Billie, shaping her life back as it was as she went along.
It was three months after her birthday, three months after graduation, and three weeks after she gave her virginity to the man she loved, when she started to feel sick. She was throwing up and feeling like crud, hoping to God she wasn’t pregnant.
Billie immediately accepted the fact that she was most likely carrying his child, and they decided they needed to see a doctor.
It was a normal day, a normal feeling of worry sitting in the waiting room. Until the news came… the complete opposite of a baby…