Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 12

Nick’s P.O.V.

“Nick… Nick… Nick wake up.” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jazmin looking as confused as could be in my arms.

“Hey Sleeping Beauty,” I smiled and played with her ponytail.

Jazmin pushed my arms away and stood up, “I don’t mean to sound rude but… why are you in my bed?”

I took her hand and gently pulled her down to the bed, “Because,” I sat up, “I want to talk to you.”

“How long have you been here?”

“Since about 5 this morning,” I looked down at my cell phone, “so about an hour.”

“Why can’t we talk later?” She whined.

I pulled her to me so that she was in my lap, “Because I don’t want to hold it off. I care about you too much.”

“Nick please.”

“No we are going to talk about it,” I said causing Jazmin looked down, “Jazz I only want to help you.”

“Nick there is nothing you can do. I don’t want to be ruining your life. If I knew things were going to turn out like this I would have stayed with someone else.”

I put my hands on her shoulders firmly making her look up, “Jazmin I love you, stop feeling like you are ruining my life. It is just making me feel worse because it makes me feel like you truly don’t know how much everyone cares about you… and how much I care about you. Jazmin if I didn’t care about you I promise you I wouldn’t even pay an ounce of attention to you. I truly do care about you. I don’t walk around saying I love you to everyone. Well yeah I say it to fans but I don’t love them like I love you. Honestly I haven’t loved anyone like I love you so please… please let me help you,” by the time I was done talking we both had tears in our eyes.

“I’m sorry. I don’t everyone to have to carry my pain with me. I want to be strong enough to do it on my own.”

“Jazi I am here to help you,” I leaned in and slowly kissed her lips.

“Nick what do you want me to do?”

“Cry,” I stated simply.

“What?”

“Jazz just talk about your parents, about how you felt when you found out they died, just talk until you let out everything. It’s just me and you, no one else will know anything. You can trust me right? Plus if you do this for me I will do anything for you.”

“Anything like… straightening your hair?” She asked with a smile as she ruffled my hair.

I chuckled a bit, “Yes, I’ll even straighten my hair.”

“Ok,” Jazmin looked down and sighed as her smile slowly faded, “So my mom was awesome, I loved her so much. I could tell her anything and I mean anything. Once when I was 8 I told my mom I thought you were cute and my dad over heard. I was grounded for a week.”

“Wow.”

She giggle slightly with a small smile on her lips, “My dad was really over protective. He told me he didn’t want me dating anyone until I was 16 unless it was someone he could really trust and that he had respect for. That is why I didn’t hesitate to go out with you, I knew my dad thought highly of you and I knew I wouldn’t disappoint him. Then once I found out they died… apart of me died. They were all I really had. My mom’s parents are really old and my dad’s parents live in Puerto Rico. I couldn’t stay with someone I couldn’t trust,” Jazmin started to cry a bit, “Nick I miss them so much. It is so hard. They were everything to me. How would you feel if you lost your family?”

“I don’t know. I would be depressed I guess. I would want to be alone and not say anything to anyone because they wouldn’t know how I felt… but I would find someone like you and I would tell them exactly how I feel because I would need some form of release.”

“When I found out that they died I froze up. I felt alone. I felt lost. I felt like I was hopeless and I was going to die too. I have been scared of everything. I didn’t want someone to feel the way I did… the way I do. I’m sorry I don’t talk as much but I don’t want to talk. I don’t want you to know that I’m hurting,” Jazmin now had tears flowing down her cheeks.

“Jazmin, do you think you I would think of you any different because you are hurting? The fact that you don’t want to talk to me has me questioning our trust but I would never think of you different because you are hurting, especially not now.”

“Nick…” Jazmin began to cry harder.

“See through this whole thing you are trying not to hurt the people around you when all you are doing is making everyone worry. I had to keep Kevin from asking you what was wrong the other day. Everyone is worried about you and I had to fight to keep them from saying something. I figured there was a reason that you weren’t talking. I never imagined it would be because you thought I would see you differently. I don’t know if I should be mad right now or what.”

“Nick please don’t be mad at me. I need you.”

“I know,” I pulled her into a tight hug and she cried harder into my shirt, “Jazmin I really need you to talk to me from now on. Everyone is here for you so don’t keep stuff to yourself, talk it out. I know you are scared and hurt and you feel alone. Don’t forget I have felt the same way… but on a different level. I let people help me and you are going to let people help you. If you don’t I am going to get Kevin,” I threatened with a laugh.

“Alright,” she sat up and kissed me, “and I love you too.”

“Good. Now go take a shower and do whatever you have to get done. I’ll be watching TV,” I stood up and walked to the couch and turned on the TV. I felt better knowing that she felt better already.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the awesome comments can I get like 3 more?

and read Allie's story! Peace, Love, Jonas