Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 5

4-21-09
So today me and Allie were supposed to go shopping but it is raining too hard for that so right now we are sitting around the room doing nothing. I have no true feelings right now to write down...well except boredom... so maybe I will write more later.

-Jazi


I closed my journal and placed it down next to me before saying, “We need to talk.” I looked down at my lap as I waited for Allie to respond. I knew this conversation was going to be an interesting one.

“What about?”

“You and me… and Nick.”

“Ok.” Allie turned off the TV then turned on her bed so that she was facing me then said, “Let’s talk.”

“Do you feel like I am replacing you with Nick?”

“Of course not, why?”

“I know you are lying," I pointed out softly, "I was talking to Kevin earlier today and he told me about the talk you and him had yesterday.”

“I am so going to kill him,” she mumbled under her breath.

I ran my hands through my dark, wavey hair, “I’m am serious, why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t want to be rude.”

“Allie do you really think I would be mad at you? We are like sisters and sisters need to talk. I am going to be honest, I am going to be spending time with Nick but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop spending time with you. Don’t forget you two are my best friends.”

Allie looked down, “I know. This is like a second grade problem, I know that a person can have more than one best friend. I was just being stupid about the whole thing.”

"No you weren't. You have always been extremely close to me so I would never get mad or think that you were stupid because you felt like you were being put to the side while I was getting closer to Nick. We have been connected at the hip since I started walking," I said with a smile. Allie didn't respond though, she just played with the hem on her pillow, therefore I was forced to ask, “So do you want to add anything?”

“Sure," she said as she looked up and laid her eyes on me, "do you have feelings… for Nick?”

I laughed so hard I almost fell off of my bed, “No, of course not. What kind of question is that?”

“A serious one because I think he has feelings for you.”

I suddenly got serious, “What makes you think that?”

“You’re joking right? The way he looks at you. Every time he sees you he zones out. Oh and this morning I guarantee I heard him singing a song about you.”

“Well that explains a lot,” I muttered to myself.

“Jazmin you are my best friend and all, but please,” Allie paused then glared at me before saying, “don’t break my brother’s heart,” in a very serious tone.

"Now I feel really bad, but I won’t.”

“Alright now that the awkward time is over let’s watch TV.”

“Fine with me."

Toward the end of a movie we were watching there was an interruption: “Jazi! Allie!” screamed a giggling Frankie as he ran in the room and sat in Allie’s lap.

“What’s up Tank?”

“Nothing, I was just bored.”

“Where are Nick, Kev, and Joe?” Allie asked.

“Kevin is with Danielle because he said he wants to spend more time with her before she goes back to New Jersey, Nick is in writing mode, and Joe is… I don’t know where Joe is. I didn’t look for him.”

“Well how about you look for Joe and if you don’t find him you can come back.”

“Ok,” and with that Frankie left the room making me laugh.

“Great way to handle that. You know the movie is almost over do you want to do something? Movie watching is a little boring.”

Allie stood up, “Well do you want to… um… I’m idealess.”

“Ok so Joe is in the house and Nick is in the house. We are both bored, I think this is the perfect opprotunity to annoy some other brothers,” I smiled as Allie nodded. “I’ll take Nick because he said he was already going to get me back. You get Joe.”

“Alright, nice plan," Allie said with a smile as we both got off of our beds.

I walked to Nick's room and noticed that he had left his marshmellow shooter out from ealier today when him and Joe decided to have their own mini-war to amuse Frankie. There were still about seven or eight mini marshmellows left in there, so I picked it up and shot one at that back of Nick's curly hair.

"What the? Joseph?" Nick asked as he turned around. A large smirk grew on his face as he removed his head phones that were connected to his laptop and slowly approached me. "Oh so it was you?"

"What are you talking about? All I did was this," I giggled as I shot another marshmellow at him, this one hitting his nose.

"You made the wrong choice, did I already tell you I was going to get you back?" Nick asked me. Before I could respond I was thrown over his shoulder and being carried to his bed.

“Nick put me down! ALYSSA CONTROL YOUR BROTHER!” I screamed, "This is rape!"

”No, it really isnt'," Nick said as he threw me on his bed and started tickling me.

“N-nick s-stop!” I screamed through my laughs.

“Say ‘Nick J is off the chain’.”

“W-why would I-I s-say that?”

“Because I can do this.” Nick started tickling me harder.

“Fine… N-nick J is o-off t-the chain. H-happy now?”

“No. ‘Whenever he’s near, they fear his name’ come on you have to finish it.”

“ALLIE W-WHERE ARE YOU!?”

“Come on Jazi just finish it or I can make you do the whole thing.”

“Fine. Whenever-he’s-near-they-fear-his-name,” I spat out.

“See all better now,” Nick smiled as he stopped tickling me and took my hand to help me up.

“You are so nice.”

“I know I am. So are we still on for tomorrow?”

“Yeppers. I can’t wait to see how people 'fear your name',” I said sarcastically, with air-quotes.

“It’s because I am so good looking,” Nick ran his hand through his hair jokingly.

“That you are…” I began, “not.” I smirked as I took a seat on Nick's bed and he sat back down at his desk. "So what are you working on?"

"I'm putting music to the lyrics I wrote this morning," he explained.

"Can I hear it?"

"Maybe later, this is pretty personal one for me. I don't even plan on recording this one. This was just to get some feelings out." He looked at me with this odd loving look in his eyes, but almost instantly looked away. Maybe Allie was right, maybe he does have feelings for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe please and 3 comments would be AWESOME!