Sweet Moon

Piece Of Gold

Celeste here on Earth with him was the weirdest thing for Dean. His excuse to his mother for why she was here was because she was his friend from school.
“Well then how come I never met her before?”
“Um…she has strict parents mom they just started letting her go out.” His eyes widened when her hair became a silvery blue.
His mother turned around shocked at the hair color.
“When did you die your hair sweetie?” Celeste looked up and touched her hair, seeing the color change as she sat there.
“It’s a magic trick mother, you know like the movie The Craft.”
His sister took the opportunity to come out her room then.
“So this is who you have been sneaking in the house lately, cutting school wait did you say The Craft? Can you show me some stuff?”
Before Celeste had the chance to speak Dean cut her off.
“No she can’t and I haven’t been sneaking her, we just hang out.”
“Dean what’s going on?” His mother said above the bickering going around. He knew if he told the truth they would ship him off to crazy town.
Dean grabbed his mother’s hand; he turned around to speak to Celeste for a second.
“Don’t talk to my sister I don’t care what she asks you just stay there till I get back.”
Dean took his mother outside in front of the house.
“Talk to me Dean you haven’t been cutting class right?”
“No just let me talk okay…Celeste is a…a good friend of mine and she needs a place to stay a while because-because her parents had to go away for a while. Business people and her family doesn’t live around here, they live in Morocco.”
“Morocco? Well I guess she can stay a while but you let her sleep on your bed got it?”
They walked back to the living room, seeing his sister Kim on the floor while Celeste made braids entwine with flowers.
“Where did those flowers come from?”
“I always carry some with me.”
“So she speaks.” His mother headed to the kitchen while his sister closed her eyes.
“What’s wrong with my sister?”
“Nothing I just calmed her down, she is visualizing while I braid her hair.”
When Celeste was done Kim had two braids on the side of her head coming together. The rest of her brown hair swooped down in waves while the purple and white flowers stuck out from the crossing of the braid.
Kim woke up and went to the bathroom looking at her hair.
“I love it can we keep her?”
“She isn’t a dog.” Dean grabbed Celeste’s arm and dragged her to his room.
He sat on the bed while she slid to the floor, crying.
“Aww Celeste please don’t cry I mean who wants a sun who doesn’t want to light up his moon I mean that’s a prick right there.”
“Don’t say that. He isn’t himself.”
“He looked right at me and said nothing to me; he didn’t have a good explanation as to why he was leaving so that’s not fair to back him up.”
“Do you rather me lay here and think of reasons to get over him? Because I won’t. You live with someone who was always there for years and just wants to leave it hurts.”
“It’s called a divorce.”
“Shut up Dean he won’t leave me. Not with Brice at least.”
Dean sat on his bed, taking off his sneakers he saw another piece of gold fall out.
“Look you see that right there on the floor?”
“Your feet?”
“No the piece of gold.”
“I don’t see it.” Dean picked it up it was bigger than all the other ones he found.
He went on the floor and showed it to her; in his fingers she saw it but when placed in her hand she couldn’t see it.
“How are you getting these?”
“I don’t know they just show up out of no where but only when you are around.”
He took it back from her hand and touched his bracelet she made him. The minute he did the piece of gold attached itself onto the bracelet joining the other five pieces.
“How many do you have so far?”
“Six.”
“I think once it is completed I will be able to see it.”
“What you mean completed?”
“Well I made you a bracelet but I don’t find the stones I gave you, it is empty except for the stones you keep finding.”
He never noticed that, but he didn’t want to know what would happen if it completes.
His mother called them down for dinner which continued to be a noisy one. This time all the attention focused on Celeste instead of him which he appreciated it.
He couldn’t believe the look on Kim’s face though; she was more relaxed her hair shiny not once had the flowers fell out of her hair. She was too happy.
The meal ended quickly, everyone went off to get their own dessert while his mother called it a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
probably wondering why he keeps getting these pieces of gold and yet Celeste can't see them hmm