Sweet Moon

Heaven Here We Come

It was a good night, the light cool air lifting the trees, swaying the flowers.
She had laughed and jumped the whole day, her energy so high due to all the candy she had eaten before she met up with him.
The movie they saw didn’t hold their attention, the crowd laughed at the wrong times when there was no need for a laugh.
They spent the remainder of the day in her house, well actually outside in her front yard.
She took out the bucket of chalk she always kept with their names on it.
Stefany passed him his favorite color and she took out hers. The floor became their canvas, the cliff with her in the white dress, him with red and the cape. The dark sky and the cave, they drew it all as if they were there again. Talking with accents and casting spells. Only this time the spells worked.
“Oh god what happened?”
“I don’t know I mean it isn’t suppose to work it never did.” He had a crystal rose in his hand from the spell he chanted.
He passed it to her.
The cliff they drew became larger growing in size, the world around them shifted until they sat down on the stone of the haven.
“Dean where are we?”
“Oh no how did we get here? It is daytime for the love of my knees man we aren’t suppose to be here.”
Stefany got up helping him up, the wall glistening with light spectrums. The waterfall continuing to flow.
Celeste ran from the west meeting Dean.
“Why are you here? Why is she here Dean? We can’t be here now.”
“How did you get here?”
“Because of you.” Celeste looked at the crystal rose in Stefany’s hand.
Mer came from the waterfall, scaring them.
“Let’s go we need to leave.” Stefany grabbed Dean’s hand running with them. She looked at the dress that Celeste was wearing and thought to herself that it was the same one she thought of as a child.
The waterfall stopped dropping diamonds on them; Dean caught some stuffing it in his pocket.
Mer took them through and took a right, it was her world this time.
When they finally stopped they saw the glass surrounding them.
They were underwater her city, her Atlantis he would’ve thought.
“No it isn’t Atlantis don’t confuse us. I never gave it a name so we call it home. No one else can come here unless I escort them myself. So on that note no one can hear us.”
Stefany’s attention was caught from the scene outside of the glass. The fish that passes by looked at her with the same amusement.
“Dean talk to me what is happening?”
Mer took her hand; with that simple move she was now informed.
“It can’t be though I mean we made this up, all of it when we were kids. I wore that dress and he was in reds. You were suppose to be my aunt.”
“Stefany relax…this is Celeste, the moon the one we sing to every night.”
“You still sing the song?”
“Yes I do. But she heard it about a month ago and since then every time I go to sleep I end up in Heaven or Haven which ever we like to call it. See June is the sun and he is gone, trying to run away but-
“The clouds and air want to block him out, just like when we were young…they don’t like him and the one that wants him back the most is the dusk. I remember oh my god I remember is this happening according to what we did as a child?”
Dean didn’t think about that, he didn’t remember what he did as a child with her until days ago so all the resemblance struck him at once.
“We never finished playing it out.”
“We stopped once we were twelve remember Dean? So then they aren’t real?”
“They are real Celeste is the girl you saw me with at the diner. This is all real.”
Mer stepped forward telling them to go to her house, she didn’t want the town people to hear about any of this.
Her house was grand, the ceiling arched up, the walls covered in gold’s and blues. A dark teal was in her kitchen brightening the space.
“Dean may I speak to you in the other room please?”
He nodded his head letting her lead the way. She took him to the back of the house staring out as the leaves flew by.
“What wrong Celeste?”
“You knew this whole time what was going on? Why didn’t you tell me?”
“No I didn’t I just remembered because she told me, a lot of this world we made up in our minds but we didn’t finish it. She would know it all.”
Her head was down, her heart breaking every day.
“Are you with her?”
“Yes why?”
“You gave her the crystal rose, that rose is supposed to be for me, in which to announce his love for me. June did that every five years. And now I see it in her hands.”
Dean chanted the saying again producing another flower but this one was broken, pieces of the crystal were missing.
“It’s broken Celeste…I don’t want to give you a broken one.”
“You don’t love me so you can’t give me one. If I drop this and it shatters it means it is false love.” And so it did, pieces scattering along the floor.
Her heart shattered with the rose, a love she will never have. No one wanted to be with her. She decided to call it quits, no more looking for June live her life like an awful human and spend her shot life span in her misery.
Misery she thought but where is her company that goes with it.
“I do love you but not in the way you want…I love Stefany also but not in love I just love her have love for her I guess you can say.”
She sat down, grass sprouting from stone, the grass looked dead, and there was no youth in it.
“Please cheer up there is no need for you to feel like that.”
“Dean you didn’t have someone you love tell you he can’t be there for you…and now the one who is suppose to take his place has no feeling towards me, I am empty now no purpose anymore. We should stop, I will stay as a human and live out that life and June can do as he pleases. Please let’s go back.”
She stood up walking back to the room. On the table there was paper with drawings on it, Stefany had tried to redraw everything.
Mer stood there looking into Celeste’s eyes knowing all.
“We should keep looking persuade him to come back no need to stop.”
“No Mer you didn’t see his face when he told us, he wishes not to be with me but to leave me.”