Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Smile

I was silently walking beside Matt. He was grumbling about how much of an asshole Johnny was being, and I agreed with him.

What the hell was Johnny thinking?

He believed that damn bitch over Zacky! He actually kicked us out of his damned house too.

I was going to fuck him up, the next time I saw him. Thank God, I have him first period.

I won't have to wait too long to see him again.

Just one more day, and then there's school and first period.

"What the hell was the pipsqueak even thinking?" Jimmy yelled. "He wasn't thinking at all. He was just happy that his slut would make out with him," Zacky said angrily.

I kicked a rock on the sidewalk.

I shouldn't be pissed off at Johnny, walking over to Matt's house. I should be pissed off at Johnny and walking back to Johnny's house to kick his sorry ass.

Not only for what he did to Zacky and the rest of the guys, but he did kiss me too.

I quickly turned around.

"Hey, Jazz, where you going?" Gates asked.

"I'm gonna kick his sorry ass," I mumbled. "C'mon, Jazz, you can't do that." Jimmy said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Because I'm a girl?"

"No, because he probably won't even let you in his house again," Zacky said.

I shrugged.

"I'm still going," I mumbled.

The guys sighed.

"I'll go with her then," Gates said. "Gates, I don't need a babysitter," I muttered.

I really didn't need one at all.

"I know you don't need one, but I think Johnny needs to be watched. Especially if it's a girl that's yelling at him," Gates said. I rolled my eyes.

"I still don't think that I can go alone."

"Brian, just let her be! Val's waiting for me!" Matt yelled.

Brian quickly looked between Matt and I. I could tell he was trying to figure out which way he should go.

Although this was so entertaining, I wanted it to end.

"Gates, just go with the guys. I just need to vent out on Johnny really quickly, so I can think straight. I'll be done in a couple of minutes," I said.

"Fine, but if Johnny hits you, be sure to call us." Gates said. I nodded.

Hell, I didn't even know any of their numbers, but anything to get Gates on his way.

I quickly made my way back to Johnny's house. I wasn't sure if Veronica left Johnny's place, but I didn't care.

If she was still there, she would be a bonus. I needed to yell at her too, making Zacky look bad, when she was at fault.

I knocked harshly on Johnny's front door. I wanted him to know that I was pissed off. He probably even knew it was me, who was knocking on his door by now.

I mean, who else would knock as loud as this?

The door swung open, and a very irritated man was stand there. He was red in the face, and he was actually scaring the hell out of me.

He was glaring at me, and I didn't want to glare back at him.

I... wanted to run?

What was wrong with me?

I could always stand up to any sort of adult, but he was different. He actually made me afraid of what would happen, if I happened to piss him off.

I was afraid because he already looked pissed off, and I think I was the person that made him angry.

I mean, I did knock on his door rather loudly.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked angrily.

I opened my mouth, but it was rather useless to speak with.

The man looked at me angrily, and he muttered words underneath his breath.

"Look, if you want me to buy anything, I'm not gonna." He said.

I mentally slapped myself.

Okay, this guy was obviously a huge asshole, so just suck up everything and yell at him already, Jazz!

"Is Johnny here?" I asked calmly.

I told you to yell at him! You fucking asked him a damn question! You asked it all calm too. Now you're going soft, are you?

Shit, shit, shit!

"Yeah, he's here. I'll get him," he muttered.

I made sure to at least glare at his back. It wasn't much, but at least I was trying to be a little defiant, right?

God, I was hopeless.

I could hear the man yelling Johnny's name, and then I heard some rapid footsteps. Johnny was actually running to the door?

It was like he was expecting someone to come here for him.

Johnny appeared out of nowhere, and he stared at me blankly. I don't think I was the person he was expecting at all.

He looked... disappointed.

"I'm guessing you were expecting someone else?" I asked hesitantly. He shrugged slightly.

"I yelled at Veronica. She took off," he mumbled. I smiled softly.

So he did believe Zacky?

"You yelled at your pretty girlfriend?" I asked, trying my very best to act shocked. He shrugged again.

"I didn't believe her. Zacky's a ladies man, but he admits who he makes out with at least. I just wanted to hear it from her own mouth," Johnny said.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess, when I say the little lady wouldn't fess up, right?" I said smiling. Johnny shrugged.

Bull's eye!

"So why'd you come back? Alone?"

I shrugged.

"I was really pissed off," I muttered.

Johnny closed his door.

"Let's go talk somewhere else," he said. I nodded happily.

I did not like his dad or whoever that man was.

He creeped me out... Fine, he scared me.

Johnny led me to his backyard. It was fairly normal, nothing too out of place, but there was nothing really there.

There was an old swing set though.

Johnny sat down on one of the swings, and I sat down on the other one.

It was quiet, maybe a little too quiet for me.

"Why didn't any of the other guys come with you?" Johnny asked. I shrugged.

"Not really sure why. Gates wanted to come, but I made him go away. It seemed like he wanted to babysit me or something," I muttered.

Johnny chuckled slightly, and I glared at him.

Did he honestly think that I needed to be watched too?

I really didn't need anyone to watch over me... I didn't.

"You're... You're such a kid like that," Johnny said.

I was glaring at him, but he was only smiling. It wasn't like his other smiles though. Those smiles always seemed to be taunting me, like he was telling me that he was beating me.

No, this was a different smile completely. It gave me that warm tingly sensation that filled my stomach. I couldn't help, but smile right back at Johnny.

I stood up quickly.

"I'll see you at school, Mr. Christ." I said. "See you, Jazz."

I didn't even bother to turn around to look at Johnny. Something told me not to look at him again.

Something was off between him and I. I didn't know what it was, and that was definitely dangerous.

I needed to know what was going on.