Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

She's hot

I felt myself being shaken, which I did not like in the least. I was ready to pounce on whoever was shaking me.

My eyes fluttered open. Johnny.

"Johnny?" I asked. He nodded. "Wake up, lazy." He said. "I'm not lazy," I said quietly.

Why wasn't my voice yelling, screaming at him? I wanted to tell him to "Fuck off", yet the words wouldn't leave my mouth.

"So do you always sleep in this class?" Johnny asked. I nodded slowly. Johnny just looked at me weird.

"Something wrong with you today," he asked. I shook my head.

"You sure, usually you would be yelling insults at me. Or you'd be kicking me in the shins for waking you up," Johnny said. "I'm sure," I said softly.

"And you're talking way too low and quiet. You have to have a cold or something," Johnny said.

"Why?"

"Because you're being way too nice," Johnny said laughing.

Okay, that pissed me off.

"Fuck you, Johnny." I said angrily.

"See? That's how you act," Johnny said laughing. Did he do that just so I would yell at him?

"Why do you want me yelling at you?" I asked. He shrugged. "I really don't, but I guess I like the attention from you." Johnny said smiling. I couldn't help, but let a small smile creep onto my lips.

Of course, I hid my face from him, when the smile was on.

The bell rang, and I jumped up. I could hear Johnny's footsteps following me, and I smiled to myself.

I made a stop to my locker, and I grabbed my lunch. Johnny was waiting for me the whole time. He was humming a song to himself. It seemed a bit familiar, but I didn’t bother asking what it was.

I made my way to the boys’ lunch table, and I could see Jimmy happily eating a slice of pizza. It was covered in toppings, and I smiled softly.

“You seem a lot happier,” Johnny’s voice rang out. I shrugged. Maybe I was happier now. I never really had a reason, before to be happy about.

I actually had friends that seemed to care about me, not that Emily wasn’t enough for me in Washington or anything. I was perfectly happy that she cared about me. I loved her.

But these guys seemed so different. They treated my differently. They weren’t stuck in the same situation I was stuck in, so there was nothing to bond us together. They were talking to me on their own, without anyone forcing them.

“I like you a lot more, when you’re smiling.” Johnny said.

I felt my face flush, so I tried my best to walk ahead of him. It worked too. Lucky for me, Johnny was almost as short as I was. So he must’ve had some sort of problem trying to keep up with me.

“Hey, it’s Jazz!” Jimmy shouted. I guess he felt no need to chew or swallow his food, before speaking to me.

I nodded slightly, and he grinned widely. Everyone else did the male nodding to me.

I sat down next to Gates, and Johnny sat right next to me. I could feel the tension building up, and I bet it had something to do with Johnny being here.

I looked over to my right, and Johnny was staring at me. He had these puppy eyes going on, and I think he was asking me to talk to everyone for him. I had no idea why he was asking me. I barely joined the group. How did he expect anyone to trust me?

“Umm… Guys, well Johnny sort of explained himself to me, when I went over to his house.” I said.

Everyone was staring at me.

“And he told me what he did to Veronica,” I said. “He did dump her?” Zacky asked harshly. I shrugged. I didn’t remember, if he did dump the girl.

I looked over at Johnny.

“You know me, guys.” Johnny said. He was stumbling over his own words.

“Did you, Johnny?” I asked.

He stared at me for a while, before he broke eye contact with me. That told me his answer completely.

“Johnny, did you break up with the bitch?” Zacky asked. “No,” Johnny said.

“Then why are you here?” Jimmy asked. “C’mon, guys!” Johnny yelled. I shook my head.

“Johnny, what are you doing here? You led me to believe that you dumped her,” I said. “I’m not dumping her,” Johnny said.

“Why the hell not,” Matt asked. “She’s hot,” Johnny said. I rolled my eyes. Was he fucking serious? She was hot? That was his only reason for staying with that damn bimbo?

He had to be kidding, right?