Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Cupcake

"Look here, bitch. I'm trying not to kick your sorry ass so bad at this point. You better be happy that Gates's holding me back," I said.

Gates was no where near me, so I had no idea why I brought him up. I think he'd be the only person to hold me back, if I ever was in a fight.

"I'm sure. I bet you wouldn't hurt a fly. No, I change my mind. I know you could never hurt a fly," she said.

Johnny quickly grabbed her arm.

"Babe, I don't think it's a good idea to mess with her." Johnny said quickly.

"Don't worry, Johnny. She's just a stupid little slut. I just need to yell at her some more, before she'll get it through her thick skull that you're mine." Veronica said.

That's it that was the final straw.

I walked up to Veronica, and I pulled back my arm. I could see that she was definitely already wishing that she hadn't done what she did.

Right before my fist collided into her face, someone grabbed my arm.

I knew who it was, before I even got the chance to see their face.

I knew it had to be Johnny. Who else would stop me? He was her stupid boyfriend, and I was just about to punch her.

I quickly readied another punch, and I swung it. I hit my target, but I didn't know the person who I just hit. He was someone I never met beforehand.

His flaming red hair barely moved. In fact, his whole body barely moved even after the punch.

It was amazing. I punched him right in the face, and he just stood there like nothing had happened. He amazed me.

I stared at him oddly.

Who was this kid? And why did he stop me from hitting Veronica? I wanted an explanation right now.

"Hitting's not nice," he said harshly.

His voice was like ice. It was cold and very unfriendly. It made me shudder.

"I don't care if it's not nice," I muttered. "Well, I don't exactly approve of you hitting my little sister," he said.

So that was their relation. But he looked nothing like the slut.

I looked over at Veronica.

Her blond hair was shiny and bright. Her bright blue eyes were shimmering in the sunlight. She was the perfect cheerleader. She was everything that I grew to hate and despise.

Then I looked at the guy in front of me.

His fiery red hair was obviously not very natural. He had these vibrant green eyes that just shot out at me. He had a lip ring and an eyebrow piercing.

He was interesting. He definitely sparked my interest, and I wanted to know more about him.

"Then you should tell her to stop being such a slut," I said angrily. "I'll be sure to tell her that. You just gotta promise not to hit her,' he said.

I looked up and down him.

"Fine, I won't hit her." I mumbled. "Good, now what's your name? I just wanna make sure I can keep some tabs on you," he said.

"Your name first," I said quickly.

I didn't like giving out my name to people. Especially people that could take a punch from me and not flinch at all, they scared me just a bit.

"The name's Trevor," he said. I nodded. "My name's Jazz," I said. "Like Jasmine," he asked.

I nodded.

"I like Jasmine better. I'll be calling you that from now on," Trevor said. I nodded.

An awkward silence filled the room.

Trevor's eyes were stuck on me, and I stared right back at him.

This was so weird.

Why didn't we just look away? Why didn't we just go back to where we both came from?

"So how old are you?" Trevor asked. "Fourteen," I said. "Oh," he said.

"Not to be a bitch or anything, but what are you doing, Trevor?"

I knew that shrill voice. It was that damned girl. Why couldn't she just shut up?

"Shut up, Veronica. I'm trying to get a date here," Trevor shouted.

I could tell her regretted yelling that because his cheeks turned bright red. He was so... adorable. He was nothing like I expected him to be like.

But then I realized what he just said.

He was trying to get me to go on a date with him? No one’s ever been interested in me, especially not romantically interested in me. This was a whole new experience to me.

What was I suppose to do? How was I suppose to react to this sort of thing?

"So will you go out with me?" Trevor asked.

What was with this guy?

He was strong enough to take a punch without flinching, yet he seemed so vulnerable right now.

"No, she won't."

I looked at Johnny oddly.

Why was he answering for me? Why did he say those words with such a harsh tone?

"I wasn't asking you," Trevor said harshly.

The tension was killing me. I felt like there was weight being pushed onto my shoulders. I could almost drop to the ground, at this point.

Trevor was staring at me.

"You don't have to feel pressured or anything. You don't have to say yes," he said.

I had no idea what the fuck I was suppose to do. I didn't really even know this guy. I just fucking met him.

Sure, he wasn't ugly. Sure, he could take a punch. Sure, I was feeling some sort of mushy feeling in the pit of my stomach....

"She's not going out with you," Johnny said.

Why was he butting in? This didn't involve him. This had nothing to do with him.

"Again, I'm not asking for your permission to date her. I need her permission. So I suggest you fuck off," Trevor said.

I liked his spunk.

I looked over in Johnny's direction. His hands were clearly on his girlfriend's thigh.

"You know what, Trevor?" I said slowly.

He happily looked back at me. He reminded me of a little child who finally got the cookie he longed for before dinner time.

"I'll go out with you then," I said slowly.

I looked over at Johnny.

He looked like something had just bitten him in the ass. Or maybe it looked more like someone had told them that they gave him a cupcake that dropped on the ground.

It wasn't the expression that I expected to be on his face.

I looked over at Trevor. He looked absolutely happy.

Did I do something wrong here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, a new love interest! Wonder what's gonna happen next?