Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Nirvana

I sighed. Johnny ended up taking his damn seat back, so I took the one right next to it, to the left. It wasn't as good as a view though.

The damn overhead would get in the way of Mr. Doyle's head every now and then. It irritated me to no end, and I just wanted to break it down to little tiny itty bitty pieces.

The bell rang, and my heart sank. No more Mr. Doyle for the rest of the day.

I stood up, grabbing my book from my desk. I did not feel like leaving this class at all. It was pretty much the biggest event of the day for me. It was the reason I decided to wear a little more eyeliner today.

Not to mention that my next two classes sucked ass, big time.

Fucking Geometry and Biology right after each other? That fucking pisses me off to no end.

I grumbled as I walked into Geometry. The old teacher was sitting down at her desk. Her gray hair was coming out of parts of her messy ponytail, and she was muttering something in a foreign language.

I frowned at her. God, she seemed so unhappy. Here she was, teaching Geometry to kids who are probably never gonna use it in their meaningless lives, and she was nearly going crazy, muttering to herself in her native tongue. It didn't help that she had a Calculus book in her lap. It made her look even worse than most teachers. She was actually trying to learn more.

I sat down at my new desk. There was some fresh writing on it. It was meaningless scribble, but it definitely sparked my interest.

"I'm so happy cause today I found my friends."

It was clearly written on the desk in fresh pencil marks. I smiled weakly. I grabbed my pencil out of my bag, and I quickly wrote down a reply.

"They're in my head. I'm so ugly. That's okay cause so are you."

I beamed at my work. The writing, of course, was crappy, but that didn't matter. I finished part of the lyrics. Someone here knew Nirvana? That was a definite shocker.

I went through that damn period wondering who that person could be. Or rather how they looked like. Or if they would reply back to me.

The next class was brutal, Biology. Not like it wasn't easy because it wasn't. Well not for me, who wasn't paying attention one bit.

The teacher decided to pick on me today, but I didn't know any of the answers.

It didn't bother me though. I just kept on shrugging. It didn't bother me that the teacher had nothing better to do than humiliate one of her students.

Obviously, she was getting some sick pleasure from it, and who was I to stop her? I was barely indulging her.

The bell rang, and I could hear the teacher calling for me to stay. I just continued to walk out the door. I let her make me look like a bigger idiot than I already was, so why would I even bother staying behind?

I made my way to Music Appreciation.

The teacher was an old man, not too old. He looked around his forties, and he had some white hair. He had a beer belly, and apparently, he used to be a star quarterback back in his days.

Looks like NFL didn't want him. Or he just gave it all up for being a music teacher. Apparently, he was the coach for football, wrestling, and the school's marching band.

He sure did like having no time to himself.

He didn't say much to us. He just said that he had to organize a field trip for the marching band kids, so we could have some free time. Free time meant sleeping for me. I didn't have anything else to do.

I woke up to the damn lights shining bright. I was quite happy that the short shit wasn't there, when I woke up. In fact, the whole room was empty.

I guess no one wanted to wake me up. Good thing too because that was not the best nap I had ever had. Maybe one of the worst.

I groaned as I stood up. I stretched my arms out, and I made my way to my locker. Maybe the brown bag would contain another pudding cup. I loved those damn things.

I smiled as I saw Gates waiting by my locker. He had a smirk on his face, and I felt my smile wash away. He was holding my brown bag, my lunch.

Gates opened my bag up, and I ran over to him. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to get to my pudding!

I nearly got there in time, and I snatched my pudding from his hand.

"Mine," I said. He just shrugged. "It was worth a try," he said smiling. "We can share, but I want most of it. This pudding has been on my mind all day long," I said. He chuckled lightly.

"That's a little sad," he said softly. I shrugged. I admit it kind of was.

All day long I was thinking about a chocolaty snack, when I could've been doing something more important, more productive.

"Well, let's go meet my friends," Gates said happily. I nodded. I was kind of somewhat excited to meet his friends. From his personality and maybe a little from Val, his friends would have to positively as great as Gates. Well, maybe just a little less, considering most people weren't even close as great as Gates. Or Mr. Doyle for that matter.

I was just hoping that weren't assholes.
♠ ♠ ♠
You get to meet the guys soon. Yay!