Faith

Chapter 1

Vera’s P.O.V:

“I’m sending you guys to boarding school in England”.

“What!” I shouted. England? Is she kidding me? New York. England. New York. England. I know I’m not that good with mathematics, but I think that is quite far.
“You’re kidding right? You’re not actually sending us off to England. Right?” Avan said calmly. Pffht, calm my ass; I can see him clenching his fist in anger.

“No, I am not. I was thinking about it last night, and I think sending you kids to boarding school would be a good choice.”
“But in ENGLAND. Don’t you think that is a tad bit extreme? Our lives are here mum. Don’t make us start a new one from scratch there.”
“Sweetie, I’m only doing it because I want the best for you both.”
“But m—“

“Why?” I cut Avan off.
“Excuse me?” Mum asked shocked.
“I mean, why are you sending us off to a boarding school, in England out of the blue?” I asked softly, while trying to conceal my anger.
“I told you, I want the bes—“
“NO! You’re lying! You could’ve sent us off to boarding school YEARS ago! Why NOW? Why after dad died?!” I shouted. “Is it because you can’t bear to see our face everyday? I know we’re the exact replica of dad mum, but it’s not like you are always home to see our face” I spat angrily.
“Don’t raise your voice at me! I am your mother!” she said and stood up.
“THEN ACT LIKE ONE!” I screamed and stood up.
“YOU and your brother ARE going to ENGLAND. And that is FINAL!” she shouted.
“Your flight is on Saturday night. Two days from now, you both should be arriving on Sunday, and there’s about a week for you to settle in, buy your stuff and unpack. Term starts on Monday the week after that” she explained.

All the while, Avan was just sitting there and observes the argument between mother and I. “You blame me because dad is dead, don’t you?” I whispered softly, looking at her. She stopped. She didn’t even look back at me. I know she heard me. But she didn’t even look back. She just kept on walking and left. I was shaking violently, fists clenched and gritting my teeth. I was trying my best not to cry, not now. Not in front of Avan. Knowing him he’ll worry about me.

“Hey, you okay?” Avan stood up and walked towards me
“I’m fine.” I lied. Seriously, why do I even bother? He’s my brother. Scratch that, he’s my twin brother. Obviously he’ll know I’m lying. Idiot!
“Vee, why do you even try to lie to me? You do know I always know whether you’re lying to me or not.” He said in a, you-know-it’s-the-truth voice.
“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. But, I’ll be fine. Dude, wipe that smirk off your face before I smack you!”
“Okay okay! Not smirking anymore! Don’t ruin my, oh so gorgeous perfectly sculpted face!” He said while grinning and shielding his face.
“Idiot!” I smacked him.
“Heeeey! You said you won’t smack me if I wiped that smirk off my face.” Avan pouted.
“Gosh, is it just me or have you been so whiney lately. Be a man!” I said jokingly.
“Hey”. Damn, he is using that serious tone again. Now what? “Vee, you know about dad, it’s not your fault” .
“Hmm. Come on, we have a lot of things to do. Let’s go pack, so many stuff! So little time!” I grinned.

Avan just shakes his head softly and followed me upstairs. He knows it’s no use telling me that dad’s death is not my fault. But it is. He wasn’t there when it happened. If it wasn’t for me, dad would still be with us right now, and the family wouldn’t be broken. And maybe, mum won’t send us to a boarding school in freaking England. No matter what everyone says, dad’s death will always be on my shoulders. The doctors and coroner should write ‘Cause of death: Selfish daughter’. Maybe that would be more appropriate. What was mum thinking! Sending us off to boarding school. How are we going to visit dad’s grave? But maybe, maybe, this is something I need, a new scenery, new life. Wherever I go people won’t stare and gossip about me and Avan won’t have to step in and protect me like he usually does. Avan; He’s not just my twin brother, he’s my best friend. He has been there for me since forever. Without him, I have no idea how I am suppose to live.

While walking towards my room, I was thinking about all of this. But no matter what I think. I will always be the cause of dad’s death. And now , mum can’t bear to look me or Avan. Avan doesn’t deserve to be treated this way by mum; none of this is his fault. He is just an innocent bystander that has got sucked into my problems. I need to vent, having all of these thoughts in my head must not be healthy.

I need to get packing. A new life in England awaits.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need feeedbaaack . I don't even know if anyone is reading this story or not :/