Faith

Chapter 4

Vera’s P.O.V:
“A beautiful rose, for a beautiful lady” said a man in a deep voice with a bow.
“Why, thank you kind sir, that is very generous of you” I said flirtatiously while taking the blood red rose from him and smelled it.
“Would you like to dance milady?”
“Hmm, yes. I think I would like that” I said pretending to think about it and smiled.

While we were dancing, I feel deeply attracted to my dance partner. He has black hair and deep brown eyes. His voice is husky and I can hear a bit of a French accent.

“I must say, you are an amazing dancer. It’s difficult to find a man who can dance these days. I’m impressed”
“Well, my mother sent me to dance lessons when I was young, and I used to be sulky about it. But since you’re impressed, I think I should call my mother and thank her profusely.” He replied .
“Well, maybe you should. May I know your name?” I asked . Curiosity bubbled up inside of me.
“Yes, you may”.
“So?”
“So what?” he asked .
“What’s your name?” I asked frustratingly. He is building up my curiosity and getting on my nerves at the same time.
“My name’s ---“

Suddenly, I can’t hear him or see his face anymore. His voice is drifting away, and the image of his face is blurring.

“VEERA LANCASTER” shouted a masculine voice.
“What the?” I answered groggily and sat up slowly while rubbing my eyes. Who dares to interrupt me from my wonderful dream .

I can hear the sound of curtains and someone opening the window . Suddenly, rays of sunlight hit my face harshly and I had to squint my eyes to block out the sun.

“Wake up lazy ass. It’s 1.30pm and you’re still not ready yet.”

Oh. It was Avan. Who else could it be?

“Late for whaaaaat? It’s Sunday today we don’t have anything to do” I whined and fall back on the bed, taking the pillow and covering my face from the sunlight.

“Well, I don’t have any plans , well not yet. But you do. Remember Ash and Chase? Starbucks? 2pm? Ring any bells?” Avan said in a ‘duh’ way .

Is he smoking crack? I don’t have any plans with Ash and Chase toda-- .

“OH SHIT” I screamed and scrambled out of bed. “THANKS AV!” I shouted while running towards the bathroom. Crap,crap,crap . I have only 30 minutes to get ready and go to Starbucks. I ran to the shower and turned on the water. Went out, brushed my teeth blow dried my hair and put on some eyeliner. 15 minutes were gone.

I went inside the bedroom and went inside my walk in closet. Hmm, what to wear? Since it’s sunny outside, I think I’ll just wear something simple. I wore my emerald green polo shirt, white three quarters pants, black flip flops and threw my hair in a high ponytail.

“Avan, I need to borrow your car. Thanks. Bye , I love you” I said quickly, kissed him on the cheek , walked down the stairs and out the door. I can see Avan standing at the hallway with a blur face still trying to process what I said .

I drove to Starbucks and it took me 10 minutes. Phew, I had 5 minutes left. I parked the car and went inside. I can see Ash and Chase sitting on plush chairs and talking animatedly. I ordered my drink and walked towards them .

“Hey guys” I said.
“Hey” they said. Ash gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and Chase gave me a kiss.
“So, Vee , what’s up? Why do you want to meet us on this sunny Sunday? Knowing you, you don’t go out on Sundays.” Ash asked curiously.
“Well, I have something important to tell you guys” I answered nervously
“Here’s your order Miss” said the woman who worked at Starbucks and put my drink on the round table. I gave her a smile and said thanks .
“Err, well , I don’t know how to say this but mymumissendingmeandavanofftoboardingschoolinlondon” I said in one breath.
“Say that again?” Chase asked with a ‘huh’ look. Chase, always the blur one.
“WHAT”. Ash shouted.
Pffht, I would be lying if I say I didn’t saw that coming. I smirked on the inside. Predictable Ash. Oh crap, he’s talking. Maybe I should focus on what he’s saying.

“What the hell are you talking about? LONDON? Do you know how far that is? BOARDING SCHOOL? Oh my god, your mum must be seriously off her rocker. Did you bring your mum to the doctor yet? I think she needs medical attention” Ash said. Well, more like ranted.
“Uh? Boarding School? London? What is he talking abou—OH! WHAT?! YOU’RE KIDDING RIGHT?” Well, it seems that Chase already caught on what Ash was ranting about.

5 minutes and they were still ranting. Oh my god, this is going to be a long talk. I was playing with my fingernails and zoning out.
“Vee, Vee? VEERA. Are you listening to us?”
“Err, well . No , not really” I replied Ash’s question.
He sighed and turned to look at Chase.
“Your girlfriend” he said .
“Your best friend”
“Girlfriend triumphs over best friends any day”
“No they don’t.” Chase replied in . “Bros before hoes dude, haven’t you heard that before?” Chase said and smirked.
“I am still here you know” I said while rolling my eyes and took a sip of my drink .
“Are you serious Vee?” Ash asked, being serious.
“I am serious as Ron says ‘Bloody Hell’ every single time.” I replied bluntly.
“But but but, your mum can’t do that!” Chase protested.
“Technically, she can. She is my mother you know “
“But, you can’t leave us. You can’t leave me” Ash said the last part softly.
“What about us?” Chase asked looking straight at me.
“I-I don’t know. It’s your choice whether you want to break it off or try the long distance relationship” I replied and looked down at my hands.
“Things would work out right? Maybe we should try it. We’ll make it” Chase reassured me. But it sounds like he is trying to convince himself. I forced a smile and said yeah.
“How long will you be there?” Ash asked.
“Until I’m done with high school I guess” I shrugged.
“Oh” they said .
“Look guys, I’m sorry . But I got to go, I need to continue packing and Avan will be needing his car back” I apologized .
“It’s okay, it’s not your fault. It’s your mum’s.” Chase said trying to lighten up the mood.
“Hey” I poked Ash’s shoulder. “I’ll see you before I go right? You will follow me to the airport and send me off?” I said.
“Yeah, obviously!” Ash said trying to hide his sadness.
“Bye” I said and stood up to give both of them a kiss on the cheek and walked out of Starbucks.

That didn’t turn out the way I wanted , but it turned out better. I think ? Chase took it better then Ash does . Obviously , Ash is my best friend. He would take it hard. Very hard.
I’m worried about Ash. He’ll be okay . He needs to be okay. And Chase and I will be okay right? He said so himself. Oh well , like Avan usually says.

Just go with the flow .
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback ;)