Status: Actively updating this story. Not too frequent though.

Love Or Hate Out Of Truth Or Dare

Chapter Forty-Two

Brendon was silent when Ryan said those words to him. As it was further processed in to his brain, he finally realized what he had meant. He got up at lightning speeds and he felt his cheeks were hot. He knew he was blushing and embarrassed at the older one's blunt statement.

He rubbed his eyes and thought that he just imagined everything, unfortunately, he wasn't. Ryan was smiling in front of him. It was one of his rare, killer smiles. The smile took Brendon's breath away. Everything was real. And it was just all because of one, stupid game. It had literally changed both of their lives, though the conclusion whether it's for the better or not will come soon.

Brendon took a deep breath. He was about to open his mouth when he snapped it closed. He didn't know what to say. He was speechless. Nothing was coming in to his mind. Back when they were still on the "it's just for fun" stage, his thoughts were so full about the game that it was overflowing. But now that Ryan had "confessed" to him, his mind was blank.

"Brendon?" Ryan asked as he moved closer to Brendon. Brendon clenched his fists as he saw Ryan moving closer to him. His heart was beating faster than ever before. He felt like he wanted to get out of the room but he just sat there. His body didn't want to move at all.

He smiled nervously and shook his head. "No, it's nothing."

Ryan rolled his eyes. Something was obviously up with Brendon. And it was also obviously because of what he said to him just now.

"Hey, I just said 'I think', okay? I'm still confused at the moment," Ryan said as he ruffled his hair. Brendon nodded and took deep breaths. He was still nervous. He never felt so nervous in his life.

Ryan patted Brendon's head before standing up from his seat. "Well, I think we'll wrap up the night." He started to walk away as Brendon just looked at him. He bit his lip as he stood up as well and grabbed Ryan's shirt. Ryan blinked and turned around.

"What is it, Bren?" He asked.

"I..." Brendon started. "I feel the same thing... I think."

He felt a sudden gush of relief going out of him. He finally had his say over the confession thing. Ryan smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Bren."

They both then walked off towards their bunk room to go to sleep but they didn't get to sleep at all. They were up thinking about everything that just happened between them.

The next morning, Brendon opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was the ceiling. He got up from bed and rubbed one of his eyes. He looked around and saw that he was the only left in bed. He then got out from bed and exited the bunk room. He saw Jon and Spencer eating breakfast and Ryan sitting at the couch, watching T.V.

"Morning," Brendon greeted. Everyone greeted back. He kept glancing at Ryan as Ryan did the same. Spencer and Jon didn't give a damn about it as he they kept eating their breakfast.

Brendon then sat beside Ryan, still silent. He couldn't help but feel awkward since last night. They both had kind of confessed with one another. They still couldn't move on from the situation.

They didn't talk the whole time. In their interviews, they weren't so lovey dovey. Heck, they didn't even talk about one another like they always did. They would always sit next to each other, but didn't even bother to say a word to each other. Jon and Spencer finally got suspicious of the couple's odd behavior.

"Hey, did you guys have a fight or something?" Jon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You guys aren't talking or shouting to each other and such. It's pretty odd," Spencer said as he crossed his arms. He heard Brendon snicker as he glared at him. "Yeah, funny joke. I know."

Brendon and Ryan looked at each other as they both shrugged.

"Nothing happened between us," Ryan told the two. Of course, they weren't convinced. Brendon just nodded in agreement with the older one.

"Somehow, you guys got awkward with one another," Jon said, narrowing his eyes on the duo.

Brendon and Ryan's eyes widened in surprise.

"I knew it. Did you guys... break up or something?" Spencer said as he crossed his arms. A shocking statement from the one and only Spencer Smith.

Brendon immediately defended their relationship. "No way!"

Ryan looked at Brendon with shock. He couldn't believe he stood up for themselves. He was supposed to do that, since he was the older one.

Spencer rolled his eyes. It seemed that he was a little more convinced on that part. Brendon would make his voice louder if it wasn't true.

"Right," Spencer said with a hint of sarcasm.

Brendon sighed of relief as he looked at Ryan. Ryan still looked shocked. Brendon raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Heh. Think I couldn't do the thing you always did for us?" He told Ryan, proud of what he did.

"It's not that," Ryan told Brendon. Brendon tilted his head to the side, curious.

"What is it then?" He asked.

Ryan smiled as threw an arm over Brendon's shoulder. "It's that we finally get to talk with each other."

Brendon looked away in embarrassment. He nodded and said, "Y-Yeah."

Ryan pouted and said, "Now you're getting all shy again."

Brendon shook his head. "I'm not!"

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

The two stared at each other for a moment before laughing.

"You never cease to make me laugh, Brendon Urie," Ryan complimented Brendon. Brendon grinned widely.

"Same here, Ryan Ross!"

Things have been cleared up between them, in the awkwardness stage only. Not only in the confirmation stage. The stage wherein their true feelings pour out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me lots of hours making this. I'm multi-tasking FTW >:3
Anyways, at this stage, it's obvious that they're going for the love and not for the hate... I think. -snickers- Comment and subscribe please! (To the new readers).