I'm As Empty As A Broken Glass

I Was That Addition

After a little while, dad had to go and sort something out at home, something to do with Mikey and toasters.

“I...better, leave you two alone then” I said nervously and began to stand up.
“Don’t go you goose” Tam chuckled and Syn smiled weakly.
“You don’t want me to go?” I asked confused and Tam laughed a little louder as Syn smiled an almost convincing smile.

“No you can stay, the more the merrier right?” Syn said quietly and I smiled wide.
“Thanks Syn” I said and she nodded, shyly going back to her manga book and reading silently.

“She’s a bit of a silence freak at times, but then there are times when you can’t get her to shut up so it evens out” Tam said and I nodded.

“What manga is that?” I asked Syn.
“Vampire Knight, Tam got it for me yesterday” she said and I nodded.
I was glad the lengths of our conversations were improving.

“So...you’re Gerard Way’s daughter huh?” Tam said casually and I blushed.

“I know this is a stupid question but...you guys aren’t just being nice to me because of him are you?” I asked timidly and Tam looked a bit shocked and offended but then a look of understanding took over.

“I’m guessing people have done that before?” Syn surprised me by asking and I nodded looking down.
“We aren’t like that...Syn was surprised you even talked to us” Tam said and Syn blushed looking at me through her bangs.

“I tend to repel human contact” she said nervously and I chuckled.
“No you guys looked the coolest out of everyone, the friendliest too” I said and they both smiled.

We sat there talking a while longer and had lunch together, I learnt a lot about them, they were practically inseparable and Tam was like a mother to Syn but Syn was more of the cooking cleaning type where as Tam would clean up your wounds and tell you everything was going to be okay. The seemed like the perfect match for best friends and they were excited about apparently making an addition to their small family.

I was that addition and for once, even though I was younger, I felt like I belonged

It was getting dark and mom would be visiting soon.

I had decided that I wanted Tam and Syn to meet her, she would hopefully love them.
They came back to my room and saw the flowers my Grandma had grown and arranged for me and they thought it was adorable.

When mom arrived my mood brightened to see that she had dad with her.
“Mom! Dad!” I said happily and hugged them both.

Dad looked over at the two girls sitting in the chairs by my bed, surprised to see them both smiling.

“And who are your friends Ellie?” mom asked smiling.

“Mom this is Tam and Synthia, but you can call her Syn” I explained and mom nodded.
“It’s nice to meet you girls, do you guys want a cupcake? Your grandmother wouldn’t stop bothering me about bringing them to you” she sighed and the girls and I giggled while nodding.

“Thanks mom” I said after a great day, I was about to have a great night too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, I feel like I have neglected all of my readers.
I'm sorry for not updating sooner!

comments for my love and inspiration?

Comments?
xx