Lost in This Moment With You

2 ;

(August’s POV)

I raised from my lumpy bed to hear surprisingly… nothing.

Kay and I had a great time last night.

We went to a new club over in the next city but it was worth the drive.


I stood up, stretched and walked out into the hallway, where I smelt bacon grease and eggs frying.

“What’s cookin’ good lookin’?” I smiled and leaned against the wall, referring to Kay.
“Oh hey babes!” She smiled, not turning around due to cooking.

I yawned and made my way over to the couch and sat down.

“Ahh!” A scream echoed the apartment.

I turned around, totally spazzing and realized I just sat on someone.

I tore the blanket off to a messy hair, eye-crusty Dakota.

“Geez man. Can’t I get any sleep around here!” He yelled at me.

“Yeah you can! In your own house! But wait, your stupid ass got evicted!” I spat back.

“Hey,hey,hey!” Kay yelled stopping the tension.

“Dakota, go sleep in my room. August, watch your language. Your kids’ first words are going to be ass,fuck or bitch.” She said with her eyebrow raised and turned back to continue cooking.

I mumbled “bitch” under my breath.

A few minutes later, Kay shut off the stove.

“Well, I have to get going to work. Enjoy your breakfast and the quietness while you have it.” And as soon as she said that, I heard squealing and crying.

“Did you enjoy it?” She laughed and went to go shush them.

“Bye.” She smiled, grabbing her hoody and leaving.

I placed my dish in the sink and sat on the couch.

“What, did your babies go mute?” I glanced over and saw Dakota.

I smiled softly and continued to look up.

“Stop it.” He said after moments of comfortable silence.

“Stop what?” I looked over at him out of the corner of my eye.

“Thinking about him.” He said, looking at me.

“Dude. Whatever. It’s been long enough and I’m over it!” I said, trying to sound convincing.

“Mmm. Right.” He smiled, sarcastically.

“What’s this?” He said, his cold fingers touching my warm skin, groping the purity ring.

“It’s…” I began to say but Kay bursted through the door.

“Pack your bags!” She exclaimed.

I heard crying.

“Good going, dipshit.” Dakota rolled his eyes.

“Why am I going to pack my bags?” I was ever so confused.

“We are going to surprise Corey and come early!” She smiled.

Both, Dakota and I, stared at her with a blank expression.

“Come on! Get up! Vacation time!” She smiled.

I exchanged looks with Dakota and the resulted ended in a why-not look.

I really was eerie about going back but it’s for Corey, who’s basically my brother.

***

We arrived at the airport and as I placed Demetri and Haley in the double-seated stroller, the most important thing about this trip dawned on me.

“Kay!” I yelled even though she was right in front of me.

“August!” She copied me, with a confused look on her face.

“How the hell are we going to get five tickets?!” I started panicking.

“Were not.” She said, bluntly.

“What?” That basically didn’t make any sense.

“We are going to buy three tickets because babies are free.” She smiled.

“Oh…How the hell are we going to pay for three tickets?!” I still panicked and pushed the stroller following Kay and Dakota.

“Shush!” She said as we went into the airport station, up to the place were we would get the tickets.

“Three tickets to California.” Kay smiled, leaning against the desk.

“That would be a total of 643 dollars and 64 cents.” The woman smiled.

Kay reached into her purse and started pulling out all these hundred dollar bills.

“Damn girl! What are you doing? You say you’re ‘going to work’ but I know your secret!” Dakota chimed in.

Kaley paid the woman and we started walking.

“You’re just like Miley Cyrus. She’s Hannah Montana on the stage giving love to her fans
and you’re Bootycall Kaley stripping for your fans.” Dakota smirked.

Kay punched Dakota in the gut, causing him to slouch over.

“Now, what was that?” She smiled and turned around to us, talking to Dakota.

“Nothing,darling.” He said,weakly, managing to sit in one of the chairs.

I sat down next to Dakota while Kay occupied the twins.

***

I began reading but out of the corner of my eye, I saw an all to familiar head.

Nick?

No way!


My eyes scanned his body.

I got up and told them I was running to bathroom.

I approached him, my eyes trying to see the front of his face.

He turned his head slightly.

I got closer, tingles through my body.

“Ni--!” I started to yell but someone placed their hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t waste your time, it’s not him. Remember you’re supposed to be over him.” I looked forward as the words sunk in my brain.

I turned around and buried my face into Dakota’s chest.

“Guys! Let’s roll!” Kay shouted, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. I'm one a roll! ~ Jenna