‹ Prequel: The Forbidden Baby
Status: On hiatus until further notice.

Coming Clean.

One Time.

The party at Carter's friends house was heated. I don't mean by the temperature either. Everyone was grinding, smoking and drinking. Well not everyone.

I wasn't.

His friends just laughed and chortled. I sat next to Carter as he talked with one of his friends. Almost completely ignoring me. What fun!

"Hey May, want some?" One of his friends, Ryan I think, asked me as he held out a foaming cup of beer.

"No sorry, I don't drink." I said smiling polietly. Carter looked over with a crooked smile.

"Just try a little. Don't worry I won't send you back to Mandy's drunk or anything." He said taking the cup from his friend.

"Carter I don't drink. No one in my house really drinks. Especially not beer." I said in a chipper voice. I didn't want to be mean. I just didn't want to drink that. My father let me have a sip of his beer when I was smaller. It was nasty.

"We're woman, we like sweet stuff." A girl on my left said. She bent down holding her top up as she grabbed a small bottle.

"Drink this hunny." She said moving her long platinum blonde hair behind her shoulders. She put the bottle in my hand and I looked at it. It was a wine cooler. I had tasted wine before but that was only on New Years. And it was probably less then an ounce.

"Sorry I just don't drink or smoke to add onto this statement." I said smiling harder. Smiling sometimes kept me from breaking down and crying.

"Maybell, you need to chill out. We're not asking you to smoke or anything. Just try it." He said then took a sip of the beer that he took. I looked at the bottle for a while before twisting the cap off. I smelled it and it didn't smell appetizing at all. I took a little sip and it bubbled in my mouth. It didn't taste nasty but it didn't taste good either.

"See, now just chill out sweetie." He said kissing my cheek. I did a small uncomfortable smile and just held the drink in my hand. Carter had gotten me up to dance with him and I felt a little better. He had me close to him and I forgot about the beer incident for a while.
At eleven he drove me back to Mandy's house. I didn't feel bad at the end of the party but I didn't feel good either. When we got to her street I opened my cellphone and called Mandy. She told me that she opened the back door and to come in at the ready to report.

"I'm happy you came with me." He said smiling at me. I could smell the beer on his breath and it wasn't attractive at all.

"No problem." I said about to get out of the car. He grabbed my hand and looked me right in the eye. Darn it, those blue eyes were sucking me in. I held back the sigh I wanted to give and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll talk to you later okay. Be safe." I said then really got out of the car. I went to the back of Mandy's house and snuck in. Mandy and I had snuck in her house before. But that was usually on mischief night after pegging eggs at the mean ladies house. She didn't even pick up her dogs poo that she left on Mandy's lawn.

When I got to Mandys room I took off my shoes and turned back on the light. I looked around and couldn't see her.

"Mandy?" I whispered looking around the room. I was about to open the closet when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and shrieked when I saw Freddy Kruger. I would have fainted, I have been known to faint, but after looking for a while I realized it was Mandy. She was laughing as she rolled on the floor. I started to beat her up mercilessly. Luckily her mother was used to our yelling and screaming at random times and we didn't get in trouble. I got changed for sleep and got in her bed.

Since we were little we always slept in the same bed. We were practically sisters. Heck, we were sisters.

"So what happened?" She asked.

"Smell my breath."

"Gross no."

"Just smell it Mandy." She scrunched up her nose and moved a little closer. I blew in her face and she rubbed her face into the pillows like a dog that just got out the snow.

"What have you been doing? It smells like a rotting fruit in there." She said still holding her nose. I frowned laying my head on the pillows.

"I drunk alcohol." I mumbled a little. She gasped.

"Maybell." She said hitting my arm. I covered my face with the covers.

"I know, Carter kept saying to relax and I just did it. I didn't drink it all. I just had a sip or two and I mean it. I'm never gonna drink again." I said being totally sincere.

"Your hair smell like smoke too, you haven't been smoking have you?" She asked looking at me dead on. I shook my head.

"Other people were, I am not a smoker. That's just... icky." I said. She nodded her head in agreement. Mandy hated smoking and smokers. Her dad was a smoker and he had left them a carton of cigarettes to live on when he left. He was such an meanie head.

"Well shower in the morning before breakfast. Ma will not be glad if she smells that." By Ma she meant her mom. Everyone called her Ma. She could be a super ma. Well, if she didn't occasionally beat us with her spatula for being bad but it was alright.

"I will. Now lets sleep and dream of super sugar plums and sexy super stars." I said. She high fived me and we officially laid down and we fell asleep like a newborn baby/
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahh, so tired.
=[