Take My Breath Away

Take My Breath Away
By: VioletShadows01

Summary:

My name is Violet Charlotte Haven and for as long as I can remember, I've always been a little different. When I was just a girl, I was made fun of because I would answer people's questions, in which they had never verbally asked. The only friend I ever had used to joke about me being able to read minds.

When I turned ten, my friend and I realized it wasn't far from the truth. I quickly realized, after my friend did a series of tests on me, that I could read minds and if I felt vindictive enough, I could even plant thoughts in someone else's mind. Like at the moment, you are probably rolling your eyes, scoffing that I'm just telling lies, or you are psyched and think that reading minds would be kick ass.

Well, I disagree with both. I don't lie. Ever. I can also assure you that reading minds isn't a gift well understood. Having to hear an abundance of thoughts that are not your own can become quiet annoying.

By the time I turned thirteen, I gained a sense of control over my abilities. Now, I can block out the thoughts of others unless I really want to dive into their minds. The only flaw is by a simple skin-to-skin contact, I can instantly gain a entrance into their minds, and if I hold the contact for too long, my mind instantly binds with the other person's.

In other words, I can hear their thoughts and I can feel what they feel. It's actually quiet painful for me, since it also allows the other person to hear my thoughts as well.

That's why only three people have ever been bound to me by this psychic bond. My mother, Tina, who is more of a friend than a mother. My little brother, Thomas, who unlike most siblings, is not at a rivalry with me, but is in fact very close with me. Then my best friend, Christopher Logan, who doesn't treat me like I'm a freak, but in fact jokes about my ability.

So, I could've told you that I'm a normal, eighteen-year-old teeange girl, who just moved to the other side of the country and is about to become a student at Huntington Beach High. I could've told you that I'd fit in fine, become super popular and everything would be fine. I could've told you all of that.

But then I'd be lying.

And there wouldn't be much of a story to tell, now would there?

My name is Violet Charlotte Haven, and I am about to tell you all about the moment that changed my life, and the events that followed after.

Disclaimer:

I do not own A7X, but the plot is mine originally.

Comments/Subscribers:

Please do leave comments. I don't care what you have to say, as long as it is constructive critism or good comments. Let me know what you like about the story and I'll try to keep the story line as real as it could be, despite the slight difference in reality.

Thanks for reading.