Alter High

Chapter Two

“Okay, all of you need to stay in this gym while I try to find a second set of keys.” Mrs. Gallagher told the prom committee and walked to the opposite side of the gym into the athletics office.

“Why don’t her keys work?” Bella questioned.

“We don’t know why. It could be locked from the outside. The custodians must have forgotten that we were holding a prom tonight.” Ms. Daly answered calmly.

“Oh…”Bella replied, unconvinced.

“Everything will be fine, trust me,” Ms. Daly assured her students and turned on the emergency flashlight.

• • •

“Do you have the stuff I asked for?” Sabrina tapped her foot impatiently, looking down the dark hall.

“Of course I do. But how are you going to pay me for it?” Avery smirked and placed the weed back into his pocket.

“ What did you have in mind?” Sabrina asked playfully. She already knew what he wanted but she didn’t care.

“I want to fuck you.” Avery leaned closer, pressing Sabrina against the lockers.

“Deal. You better find an unlocked classroom. There is no way I’m fucking in the middle of my school’s hallway.” Avery quickly complied, taking out a set of keys from his pants. He swaggered across the hall and opened the classroom. It was an art room. Sabrina walked into the classroom and reached for the light switch but Avery grabbed her hand and placed it around his neck instead. Sabrina smiled and decided to play the same game he was playing. She leaned forward and hooked her fingers onto the loops of his pants.

“Fuck. Down there already? You move fast.” Of course, he didn’t blame her. He was used to girls wanting him.

“No, you just move too damn slow,” Sabrina’s hand moved from his pants up his chest, loosening his tie and removing his shirt with one swift movement. She widened her eyes in mock wonder, catering to Avery’s ego. She had seen better. Much better. Avery grinned, proud of the obvious effect he had on the ladies. Aroused, he wrapped his arms around her and slowly unzipped her dress. The black dress was made out of thin material that fell to the floor easily, leaving her covered with only her bra and panties. Her hands sped down to the zipper of his pants but could make no progress before she found herself on top of the nearest table. That was one thing she liked about doing it in art classrooms – the tables were generally more spacious than those of normal classrooms. Her undergarments were off in a heartbeat and Avery who was already slipping off his pants soon overpowered her. She wrapped her legs around him and rubbed her hips against his.

“Don’t you want to take those off?” Avery questioned, noticing the intense tapping of Sabrina’s black heels against the desk.

“Of course not. Sex with heels is kinky.” Sabrina pulled Avery closer. Soon, both were overwhelmed with the moans of their climax. Neither noticed the quiet creak of the door opening and closing.

“Avery?” A woman spoke out to the darkness, hoping for silence as a response.

“Ms. Gallagher?” Sabrina detached her lips from Avery’s but was unable to move the rest of her body.

“ You are with Sabrina?” Ms. Gallagher’s hands reached out around her, searching for anything she could take her anger out on. She wrapped her hands around a long metal rod and pulled it from its base. The rod was from a student’s semester project and its removal resulted in the collapse of the entire project onto the floor. Avery turned away from Sabrina and looked in horror as he saw the woman run toward him with the rod in her hand. Too scared to move, he gripped his hand around the edges of the desk, trapping Sabrina beneath him.

“ Emi- !” Avery’s cry for help barely escaped his lips before he felt the metal rod rip through the middle of his torso and into Sabrina. Avery immediately felt Sabrina’s go limp and looked up in horror. The last thing he saw was Ms. Gallagher hovering above him, hands clutched tightly around the blood stained rod stabbed through his body.

Ms. Gallagher removed her shaky hands from the rod and backed away to look at the scene before her. Avery’s naked body seemed to be stuck in time; his lifeless eyes were still open and staring at her. The hands that were once clutched so tightly to the table were now limp and dripping blood onto the floor, forming a puddle. Below him was Sabrina, positioned in a desperate stretch toward the window in an attempt to escape.

She reached over to close Avery’s eyes but gasped loudly when she felt a man’s hand on her shoulder. Paralyzed by fear, the man quickly turned her around and looked into her eyes. She was surprised to see the young face of a teenager and sighed with relief. This caused him to cock his head with a smile and shove her closer to the murder scene.

“Now, we don’t need to tell anybody about what just happened. There is no need -“ He reached for her neck before she finished her pleas and began to suffocate her, enjoying the way she withered in his arms while begging for air. He released his tight grip around her neck and allowed her to fall to her knees, gasping for air. Thinking she was able to get away, she scrambled toward the door and reached for the knob. He chuckled and grabbed her body before she could touch the knob. Ms. Gallagher began to scream as she was once again pushed toward the bloody rod. He quickly wrapped his hand around her mouth and lifted her with ease. He quickly slammed the librarian into the same rod she had killed with. The killer backed away to witness the heinous crime he had committed. Satisfied, he walked out of the classroom, locked the door, and made his way up the stairs.

• • •

In the gym, Ms. Daly was still keeping watch over the students while waiting for Ms. Gallagher to return. The students were starting to become restless and she wondered how much longer Ms. Gallagher would take. The office was relatively small and messy but it couldn’t take too much longer to look for the keys. Impatient, Ms. Daly called Shayla over and asked her to check the athletics office.

“Could I take Shawn with me?” Shayla asked shyly. Ms. Daly rolled her eyes and allowed the both of them to go. On their way to the office, Shayla realized that she no longer had her bag.

“Do you think you left it with the other students?” Shawn looked back, ready to retrieve the bag for her.

“No, I think I left it in the music room upstairs.” Shayla looked worried but continued to walk toward the office. “I can just get it when this whole thing is over.” Shawn opened the door to the office but found no one in the room. Instead, he found the door leading to the courtyard swinging open.

“Maybe she went outside to look for the custodians?” Shayla stepped outside of the office, looking for the librarian.

“The gate to the music room is open! Can we get my bag? It shouldn’t take to long and we might run into her on the way,” Shayla looked up at Shawn, eyebrows raised. Shawn only nodded and led Shayla upstairs to the music room.