What I Go to School For

Four; The Cube Of Rubik.

Class 9WBe trailed into the classroom sleepily. If there was one universal thing decided between them, it was that they hated mornings. And the fact it was Monday made it all that more bitter.

Mr Beckett was prancing around the tables, as always, fiddling with a Rubik’s Cube. He’d nearly finished it.

“How the hell does he do that?” Nick Wheeler asked from the doorway, momentarily causing a door block.

“Language, Wheeler.” Mr Beckett responded, ushering them all to seats, but never tearing his eyes from the cube.

“Okay,” He said, setting the now completed cube on his desk “Welcome to your new homeroom. As you are aware, I am Mr Beckett, and I will be teaching all of you for Music.”

The back row - Elly, Savannah, Beth, Rachel, Sandria and Skye - collectively groaned. As much as the six of them loved music, they hated being taught it.

Elly was a shy one, often staying quiet throughout all of the lessons, unless it was a desperate measure. She was wearing a Green Day shirt and black jeans, her pale brown hair tied into a simple ponytail. It was pretty obvious she had a “thing” for Mr Beckett.

Savannah, the girl beside her, was slumped forwards in her chair, doodling randomly in her planner. Her short black hair was constantly in her eyes, and her oversized The Audition shirt covered her jeans to the knees.

Beth, a bubbly blonde girl sat beside Sav, had somehow already managed to cover both covers of her planner entirely in stickers of Zac Efron or High School Musical.

Rachel, beside Beth, seemed a little insecure. She was one of the newest kids in the class, having joined only a semester before the end of eighth grade, so she was still learning names and such. She fiddled with her dark brown hair while she waited for Mr Beckett to start yapping.

Sandria, another one of the newer girls, had befriended Rachel when she arrived, knowing what it was like to be ‘new’, having moved from Spain when she was younger.

Skye was never seen without her headphones or her notepad. At this precise moment she was doodling in said notebook, potentially drawing or writing lyrics. She was only half paying attention to Mr Beckett, because she was humming absently to whatever music was playing through her iPod.

The row in front of them was mainly boys, except for Briony who sat at the far left next to Nick.

First, on the right, was Martin Johnson, an artsy type who’s jeans never seemed to last more than a day because they always got covered in some nasty substance. He always had throat tablets in his pockets as he was also often in favor of a nice ‘sing-a-long’.

Beside him was Travis Clark, class funnyman and key school redhead. He’s part of the school band on electric guitar and is chairman of the Society For Outlandish Hair. He seemed to have his eye on Emily from MMu.

Next to him was Andrew Mrotek, who was currently absorbed in whatever he was drawing. He was the drummer in the school band and was always put in charge of the backgrounds for the school production. He was hoping for something a little more sinister than ‘The Lion King’, which was last year’s five-star epic.

To his left was Butch Walker, one of the oldest in the class and one of Andrew’s closest friends. He was acoustic guitar in the school band and was, at this precise moment, playing with his slick black hair.

Next to him was Drew Thomsen, one of the smartest, yet youngest of the year group, who was currently looking really rather scared.

It was because he was sat with Briony.

She was asleep, her black cadet hat pulled low over her eyes and faint snores were coming from her direction.

No one dared wake her.

The front row was the unluckiest. Jasmin, Grace-Chastity and Annie had somehow ended up stuck between Danny Duncan and Hunter Thomsen, Drew’s twin brother.

Trying to have an intelligent conversation when Danny and Hunter were throwing rubbers, pencils, rulers and, on one occasion, Jasmin swears she saw a trainer flying over her head. Annie and Grace didn’t believe her.

Next to Hunter on the far right was Ellis, one of the more subdued boys in the class, who mainly hung out with the girls, and got crap for it, big time.

Alone on a small, two seater table in the back right corner was Abby Collins and Jason Earles, class sweethearts and sickly cute long-lasting New York Academy couple.

Mr Beckett was halfway through handing out timetables when five members of 9MMu barged into the room; Michael Chislett, Mitchel Musso, Emily Osment, Adam Siska and Miley Cyrus. The five new exchange students - who were only here as part of Mr Mabbitt’s twisted scheme - were latched onto the arms of each teen.

“Mr Musso told us to come and get people to help us with the new kids.” Chislett explained quickly.

“Ah. Go ahead.” Mr Beckett replied, waving them on with a flick of his wrist. Michael smiled, and the students began to mingle.

Chislett landed up picking Savannah to help with Ed Minton; Mitchel picking Elly as his help for Ali. Briony was picked out - rather foolishly - by Adam as Dan’s helping hand.

Travis had spent five whole minutes trying to catch Emily’s attention, so she would pick him. It didn’t work. Just to spite him, she chose Nick. He started to sulk. He sulked even more when Miley picked Butch.

Mr Beckett plonked down on his chair when they left, for a tour of the school. The remaining members of the class watched in a cross between amazement and worry as Mr Beckett began to spin in his swivel chair behind his desk, singing a Placebo song absently…
♠ ♠ ♠
In intro order of OC characters;
Elly.
Rachel.
Sandria.
Skye.
Jasmin.
Grace.
Annie.
Ellis.
Abby.
Obv, anyone else is ze famous.
Sorry if I spelt anyone's names wrong, got anything wrong etc. Let me know if I did and I'll fix it.
Sorry it took an age.
xo
Sav.