Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Dumbass

Gerard's POV.

We kept silent all the way to the high way, Frank leaning on the window and watching the views change, and me just humming behind the wheel.
Then suddenly he sat up away from the window and yawned, arching his back.
"How long's it gonna take?" He asked.
"About two hours from here." I said and quickly gazed at him.
We kept silent for a moment again.
"There are some CDs in the glove compartment if you wanna look."
Frank grunted and leaned forward to explore the little space filled with all my teenage shit.
He gasped when he found some Black Flag and took the CD out carefully, then caressed it.
"God I've been hunting for this like.. ages!" He said.
I just smiled.
"Put it on." I said and pointed towards the player.
He handled the CD like it was some very expensive antique.
I laughed at him and felt a familiar, warm thumping take a hold of my body as the music started playing.
We swayed and sang to the music almost all the way to Newark, and in between songs, we giggled.
"We're in the city in fifteen, where do you live?" I asked as I turned away from the highway.
Frank instructed me to his place and it ended up being pretty close to Mikey's.
I parked in front of the house and turned off the player.
I stood up from the car and started digging my pockets.
I heard Frank get up too and grumble.
He stretched out to get his backpack from the backseat, then stood up again and sighed, watching the house in front if him.
"Want one?" I asked and gave him my pocket-squeezed pack of cigarettes.
He gladly received one, letting me light it up for him.
He sat on the hood of my car and I just leaned on the driver's window. If someone was inside, I can just imagine how my ass looked against the glass.. ..or then not.
I dug at my pockets a little more, fishing my cell.
I flipped through the numbers and then stopped at one, pressing 'call'.
It beeped a dew times before a very familiar voice answered.
"Hi Gee I haven't heard from you in ages, what's up?"
"I just wrote you last week dumbass.." I said and blew out the smoke in my lungs.
"Yeah, but I haven'theard of you in ages! And who are you calling dumbass, cocksucker?"
I laughed and inhaled the addicting nicotine from my cancer-stick, before slowly blowing it out and continuing my call with my darling brother.
"So you're not working today?"
"Nah, I'm free for the weekend. Why?"
"I'm in Jersey."
"Woah, what? You're here! Oh my god! Alicia, Gerard's coming over!" Mikey shouted at his lovely wife, then continued on rambling about where was Gerard and when was he coming and for how long would he stay, and for the most important, why?
"One of my um.. friends needed to get in Newark for some family-party and so.."
"Then where are you fucker?" Mikey asked, way too hyper.
"Mikey, relax. I'm just a few streets down your house and I dunno.. I guess I'll be there in an hour at least. I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be here but till tomorrow for sure."
"That's awesome, man! I've missed you so much! God Gee I.. I just love ya, man! I'll see you soon then huh? 'Cause I could do some serious cleaning here you know.. before you come."
"Yeah sure, what ever I'll call when I'm coming, 'kay?"
"Sure! Dude I've been missing you so much, see ya soon bro!"
"Yeah, bye."
I ended the call and put the cell back in my pocket, then dumped my cigarette and looked at Frank.
He had been giving me odd looks all through my conversation with my brother.
"Yeah, that was Mikey." I said.
"Okay."
We, or he sat there for a moment more.
"Ready to get in?" I asked.
"Not - not just yet.." He said, staring at the house in front of him.
"Okay." I said and looked at the house too.
Not too big, not too little. Two-storey with a little yard surrounding it.
The house was a warm colour of light-blue and the roof was one of a little darker blue.
The yard wasn't anything special. The lawn had been cut a few days ago, I thought, and there weren't any special flowers or anything, a few apple trees and a swing. I kinda liked how the swing looked like.
It was handmade, you could see, and there was only one of them. Only one swing.
It looked lonely.
I liked it.
"This is the place I call home, you know.. Even though I don't feel home here. Not as much as at your place." Frank said and smiled weakly at me.
That went straight to my heart.
"Aww Frankie." I said and placed my hand over his.
He linked our fingers slowly and continued.
"This is where I have to come back after the summer.." He sighed.
I felt awful, thinking about the summer ending. Frank would be away. Maybe for ever.
"You know, I'm glad I only have a year left of school. Then I can do what ever I want and go what ever I want." He said, leaning back a little.
"I know where I'd now like to go." He said, smiling to me and squeezing my hand and I just wanted to kiss him, all over his face, but didn't. I didn't know who could see, and would they prefer it, so I just smiled back.
Then he let go of my hand and got up from the car and took his backpack, as well as my hand.
Then he dragged me to the door and rang the bell.