Vampires Will Never Hurt You

Children

Frank's POV.

I dragged Gee up to my door and rang the bell before I had time to hesitate. After pushing the button I started panicking. My whole family would be here again and I'd be there for all my aunts and uncles to point at and whisper. The bravest ones would come and judge me aloud.
I squished Gee's hand in mine and looked up at him nervously.
He tried to look normal, but I think I was really hurting him, and I tried to loosen my hold on him, I really tried! My hand just didn't obey me.

Then I heard the familiar sound of the lock twisting open and the old wooden door creaking a little, and exposing my mom.
She smiled as soon as she saw me and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I was still squeezing Gerard's hand and he had to lean forward with me.
When mom let me go, she looked at me smiling, like Gerard didn't even exist.
"Oh how I've missed you! Wouldn't you want to spend the rest of the summer here in the city?" Mom asked.
"Uh.. no?" I answered.
Then she watched left from me and saw Gerard, looked him from head to toe and asked:
"And who is this handsome young man?"
Gerard smiled politely, holding out his hand.
"I'm Gerard Way, nice to meet you ma'am."
"Gerard Way? The artist?" she asked.
"Well, this far I haven't run into anyone with the same name, so I'd believe I am."
How does mom know him? I was looking back and forth between them.
"I just bought one of your paintings. The house, was it?"
"Yes, ma'am." He said.
We've got Gee's art? I wanna see, wanna see! If mom just wouldn't be there, blocking the whole fucking doorway..
"Oh dear, just call me Linda, please!"
"I can try." Gee said.
He's too polite!
"Now come in children!"
CHILDREN?!
'M gonna kill mom as soon as Gee's out of sight.
"Where's the painting?" I asked as soon as I got my shoes off.
"In the living-room, dear." Mom said.
I ran off as she started asking Gee why he was here, and why he was here with me.

The picture stood there, above the sofa. Well, it didn't stand there, but.. it.. it was beautiful.
It was.. a house. I got a warm, cosy feeling from watching it, and I felt like I had seen the house before.
Wait a sec, I have seen the house before! It was just a few blocks down from where we used to live..

I admired the work of art for a minute more before slowly walking to the kitchen, where mom and Gerard were, drinking coffee.
If I didn't know better, I'd guess the guy lived by coffee..
I walked to the fridge and took out a coke.
Then I climbed on the the counter and opened a cupboard, fishing a straw outta there. Then I jumped down and sat next to Gee, sucking on my drink.
Gerard was smiling, looking down at me. I really hated how he was taller than me.
Mom was babbling all she could and Gee just missed her latest question.
"Sorry, I missed that." he said politely and took a sip of his coffee.
I really wanted us out of this situation.
"When are the others coming?" I asked.
"Your cousins from Florida come tonight, Violet also. Others come tomorrow.."
"Oh no, not Violet! Mom please!"
"Don't be like that, she's your grandmother!"
"But she hates me! And believe me, the feeling is mutual!"
"Frank!"
"But it's true!"
"You have to try to behave for one day now, please. It's not that bad."
"Easy for you to say, all our relatives love you. There's no-one I'd like here tomorrow, 'cause your parents aren't coming! C'mon Gee, were going to my room."
Mom looked shocked as I dragged Gee up and guided him up to my room.

He looked around in my room, put his coffee-cup down on my desk, checked my CD-collection and finally flopped down on my bed.
"I like your room." He said.
I stood awkwardly by the door, but decided to go sit on my chair.
"You were really cute when you climbed up there to get that straw, by the way."
"Oh fuck you." I said and threw a close by stuffie at him.
He dodged it and giggled.
I spun around on my chair like a five year old.
Once he calmed down, he looked at me smiling.
"C'm'ere." He said.
So I stood up and stumbled towards the bed.
Once I was just next to him, I staggered and fell on him.
He got me and I was kind on sitting on his lap.
I watched up to his eyes and he looked straight back.
My eyes fluttered closed and I leaned up towards his lips without even realizing it.
Just as I felt his lips on mine, I really got it and backed away automatically.
"S-sorry.." I said quietly, blushing and hiding from him.
Then I felt his finger on my lips and he made a little shush-sound.
I looked up at him.
"No sorrys."
Then he leaned down and kissed me.
It wasn't really more than a little peck, but still..
I licked my lips and smiled.
Then we both leaned towards the other and tasted each other.
The mixed taste of coke and coffee was really.. interesting.
But that didn't stop us.
Soon I felt his tongue caressing my lips and parted them a little, wanting more.
And that's what i got; his tongue rolling with mine, exploring.
I felt.. I can't even describe it! I was like so high. Totally in the clouds.
Then I felt the need of air and he backed off before I even got a chance to really comprehend it.
His breathless panting was like the most beautiful thing in the world and I just wanted to kiss him again, but I still didn't have enough air in my lungs.
I still had my coke in my hand, and I don't know why the fuck I did, but as I saw Gee reaching out for the straw, then sucking on it, I was glad I did.
"No sorrys." He sighed.
I smiled.