Status: Will be updating as soon as possible.

I'm Just A Kid

Chapter-13

“Who are you anyways?” I asked suddenly, hoping I could change the subject away from who I would now be living with, I found it quite odd how he didn't introduce himself as he walked in, only then had I realized it.
To me, it seemed as if he hesitated.
He wouldn't say anything, maybe he didn't understand me.
“Who are you?” I asked, “Are you a detective? Police officer? Do you work for Child Services? Who in the hell are you?”
Things were starting to get weird.
What Am I still doing here? He clearly isn't helping me.
I stood up to leave, looking at his face, which didn't change one bit. I carefully opened the door, but the blinds still shook against the glass when I closed the door behind me.
I slowly made my way to the exit, glancing around for Jordan along the way. Immediately when I stepped into the building him and I were separated.
I didn't see Jordan anywhere, and when I finally took a step outside, it occurred to me that I had no where to go, no one to call. I looked around and slowly walked over to a wooden bench by the entrance, still looking inside just in case I saw Jordan.
It was starting to get dark outside, the sky was a clear light blue color.
I stuck my hands in between my legs, trying to keep them warm, today was the worst day to wear a tank top.
I tried not to look up at the people who would walk in and out of the building, I knew they would be looking at me.
A man walked out of the building and walked towards the bench, I started looking around, I was hoping he would just be coming outside for a cigarette. He sat down furthest away from me as he could without falling off the other side of the bench. He looked like he was in his thirties, he wasn't in police uniform, but I assumed he worked there anyways. He seemed pretty professional.
He dug around the inside of his jacket and took out a pack of cigarette's, the same that my Father would smoke. Then, even though it seems really weird, and kind of awkward, I imagined what it would be like for this man to be my Father.
He seemed very nice, maybe not the funniest person alive, but he looked like he could keep a family together. I looked at his hands, he didn't have a ring, maybe he didn't have time for dating, he probably spent a lot of time at work.
He took out a lighter and carefully lit the cigarette, making sure he covered the lighter and his cigarette with his other hand, so that the wind wouldn't blow it out.
He looked over at me, which made me realize I had been staring at him since he walked outside. I suddenly looked away, hopefully he wouldn't think I was being creepy.
“Want one?” I heard him ask, I looked back over at him and he was holding out the pack of cigarette's towards me. “Seriously?” I asked, wondering why would he offer someone as young looking as me a cigarette. He nodded and shook the pack a little. I shook my head, “No thank you.” was all I told him.
“Your loss.” he replied.
What?
“How so?” I asked him, “I don't need to smoke, I find it disgusting.”
“Well,” he replied, taking the cigarette away from his mouth, and slowly blowing the smoke out from his mouth, “Once you get older, and go through as much shit that makes you as stressed out as me, you'll be wanting a smoke every now and then.” he said with a small smile on his face.
I understood where he was coming from, but still, I didn't want to be one bit alike my Father.
I shook my head, “Whatever.” I said as I looked away.