Status: Will be updating as soon as possible.

I'm Just A Kid

Chapter-5

I was the last person to get off the bus. I waited to get home sitting alone, reading. Even though the bus was loud and full of high schoolers I could still focus on my book.
It started to rain right after the second to last person took a step off the bus. I sighed and placed my hood on, closing my book and placing it in my Paramore bag.
I got off the bus and stepped into the rain. I opened the mail box and took out what was mostly bills, and a magazine. I grabbed the newspaper and placed it all in my bag.
I got home around 4 'o clock, leaving me with a little more then a hour to myself alone. I walked in the back door and took of my shoes, making sure to place them on the rack so that when Father got home he wouldn't have to yell at me to do it.
I took the mail and paper out of my bag and placed it on Father's desk, then threw my bag in my room.
I checked the phone to make sure we didn't have any missed calls. “1 missed call.” I was surprised, usually we didn't have any. I picked up the phone and pressed the down arrow. “Out of Area.” Meaning I couldn't call back who tried to call us in the first place, I placed the phone back down, thinking that maybe they would call us back later.
I took my sweatshirt off and threw it in my room, then closed my bedroom door.
I walked into the living room to watch tv, bumping into the computer chair as I did. I turned around to move the chair back to where it belonged, and saw that Father hadn't logged off. Which meant I could possibly use the Internet.
This rush went through me, I hadn't been able to talk online for the longest time. Most of the time at school the teacher would watch you to make sure that you're doing your work and not other things online. If I was lucky I would get to read one e-mail per week, and if I did get a chance to respond, it would be a very short and not all I wanted to say.
But a rush of fear also went through me. Father's computer settings were, the screen saver took 2 minutes to appear, and they went through a slide show for 10 minutes. Father would notice that I went on the computer if he got home and the pictures were still showing. He could also get home early.
I looked at the clock. 4:15. I told myself to only be online for 30 minutes maximum.
I wanted to use the computer so badly, but the power of the fear of getting caught was stronger.
I stood there for about a minute, staring at the screen. It was a picture of my Mother, we used to go camping every summer but since I was in 4th grade we quit going. She was standing in front of the Lake, there was trees behind her, but the sun was shining through them and onto her. She looked happy, the picture was probably taken by Father, back when I was in 3rd grade, probably when they still had a good marriage.

The picture disappeared and monitor went to show the screen saver.

I rolled my eyes and turned away. I didn't even think about using the Internet anymore. I searched for the television remote, finding it on Father's chair.
I pressed “On”, the television clicked and started to turn on. I pressed “6” and sat down in Father's chair.
The Ellen Degeneres show was almost the only thing on tv that I watched, sometimes late at night I would watch Anime, but usually I was too tired to stay up and watch it.
I had to type out the rest of my President report, and still had to come up with a good enough thesis, meaning that I didn't have time to stay up and watch Anime.

Ellen was almost over, it was almost five o' clock. I had to decide wither to stay home, go on a run, or stay at Grandma's house until Mother got home.
I almost never chose to stay home, I'm guessing you know why.
Every Wednesday, and Friday and sometimes on the weekends, I went to my Grandma's house, the other days of the week I went for a run, making sure I wasn't home until after seven, just in case Mother was late to get home.
I turned off the tv and walked to my room. I pulled out my right drawer and rummaged for my dark blue shorts. I found them along with one of my Avenged Sevenfold shirt's, the one I had got for my last birthday.
I made sure to lock the door before I left and I took a couple steps down the stairs, putting up my hair in a pony tail as I did.
I didn't live in a neighborhood that had much kids in it. There was a senior living at the edge of the neighborhood, but we almost never saw each other and I wasn't planning on making friends with her.
A retired principal lived near me, along with the super intendant and his wife, which was the librarian.
My neighborhood was just one long oval, which many just called “the loop”, with really long driveways which had many houses.
Usually when I walked by the newest house a couple of dogs would bark as I went by, but that's the most attention I got.
I was half way done with the loop I saw a moving truck going down a gravel road. Please me my age, please be my age. I said to myself as I decided to follow the truck down the road.
I was really hoping that it wouldn't be just another old couple moving in. I already knew too many.
The truck pulled into a pretty short driveway and stopped. I heard a car behind me and walked towards the side of the road more, just making sure to be safe, they pulled in right next to the moving truck and stopped.
I kept walking, waiting for a teenage boy to step out of the car.

I swear my heart stopped.

A boy, looking not much older then me, stepped out of the car and immediately took off his jacket, revealing his Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt.
I felt my jaw drop, and I quit walking.
I looked down at myself, checking I had my Avenged Sevenfold shirt on also.
He placed his jacket in the car and shut the door. A woman, who I figured to be his Mother, stepped out of the drivers side and closed the door.
The boy stood there, looking around and stretching his arms in the air above his head. I kept walking, knowing I would look weird just standing there looking at him.
I pretended not to notice him as I walked closer, maybe he would notice me and say Hello.
I couldn't help but look at him though, I was so curious. The feeling was like love. He walked to the back of the car and opened the back trunk, taking out a backpack.
I was close to their driveway. Trying to walk slower, but not too slow, just enough so maybe he would notice me.
He closed the trunk and turned around, I could see him looking at me in the corner of my eye.
“Avenged Sevenfold, huh?” He said.
I stopped walking and slowly turned towards him.
I nodded and tried to put a smile on my face, playing with my lip ring with my tongue. “Yup.” I said.
I looked at his face. He obviously wasn't a fan of the sun, his skin was clear and looked as if it had never spent more then minutes in the sun, which made me look somewhat tan. His hair was dark brown, almost black. His lip ring shined in the sun, also making his eyes look even more gorgeous.
“Ever seem 'em live?” he asked.
I shrugged, “I don't think my parent's would ever allow it, but I hoped to go see them in concert in the fourth grade.” I said with a faint smile.
“Cool, I went to see them last August.” he said, somewhat nodding.
“Any good?” I asked, already knowing the answer.
“Of course.” he said, finally showing a smile.
“Avenged never lets their fans down.” I told him.
“No band ever should.” he said as he turned around to grab something else from the trunk.
The feeling of a great friendship replaced the feeling that I might be in love with him.
He took out a guitar case, looking even older then mine. I felt a rush of excitement go though me.
“You play too” I said pointing to his case, and taking a few steps towards him, as he set the case in the gravel and opened it. “Fender Stratocaster.” I whispered to myself as I stared at the beautiful black and white guitar.
“You play?” he asked.
I looked back up at him, not really sure what to say.
“Acoustic.” was all I replied.
“You any good?” he asked as he closed the case back up.
“Not really, I don't ever have time teach myself, and my parents wouldn't want to bother with finding me a teacher.”
He looked confused, as he picked up the case, “Seriously?”
I bit my lip. “Dead Serious, but I want to learn how, I always have.” I replied.

He didn't say anything for a second, looking as if he was thinking.

“Well, I could always help you.” he said. “If your parents are alright with that of course.” he added with a smile.
“I bet I could convince them, thanks, that's very nice of you.” I said to him with a smile.
“Anything to help.” he said, “Just come by after school or whenever, I'm always in the mood to play.”
I nodded, “Cool.”

Finally I might have met someone who I could be friends with.

I looked up to the sky. “Do you have the time?” I asked, immediately thinking how stupid that must have sounded.
He pulled his phone from his pocket, “6:47” he said, placing his phone back in his pocket.
I nodded, biting my lip once again. “I should probably get done with my run and go back home. My mom's probably wondering where I am.” I said somewhat looking at him while I was staring at the ground.
He laughed. “My mom probably is also, we have a lot of unpacking to-..”
“Jordan come on, come check out the house!” Him and I both looked towards his new house, seeing his mother with the door open, motioning her hand for him to come inside.
“Have fun with that Jordan.” I said jokingly.
“You could help.” he said also jokingly.
“Nah, I think I'll pass on that for tonight.” I told him, “Maybe I'll come by tomorrow, if that's alright.”
He nodded. “Same time would be perfect.”
“Alright, nice to meet you Jordan.” I said to him, trying not to seem too flirty, hopefully nothing I said during the conversation did.
“You too...” he trailed off on the last word, “Courtney.” I said, finishing his sentence.
“Courtney, beautiful name.” he said softly.
His words made me smile, “Thank you,” I said with a nod, “I would say Jordan is a beautiful name, but most guys don't want to hear their name is Beautiful.” I said, almost with a shrug.
“Jordan, come on!” His Mother yelled from the door again. He sighed.
“I better go, see you tomorrow.” he said as he turned towards the house.
“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” I said as I turned to go back home.
After about five steps I heard his voice again. “Courtney.” I stopped and turned his way.
“Nice piercing.” he said with the most gorgeous smile, as he tapped his on his lip.
I pointed to my lip where my piercing was, “You too.”