Status: Will be updating as soon as possible.

I'm Just A Kid

Chapter-8

Father looked uncomfortable. Somewhat paranoid.
“I'm going to get help.” he stated, staring at the steering wheel. “What all for?” I asked, “are you sure they can even help with all that's wrong with you?” I said, but regretted it after I saw his face. I started to feel sorry for the man.
“Your Mother doesn't know, but I'm going to rehab, I'm going to get better. I sometimes don't mean to do the things I do, I need to control myself, but I need to learn how first.”
While he was talking I tried to listen, but at the same time I was telling myself this was a dream, Father would never say these types of things.
“I want to get better, and I know that you won't forgive me for the things I've done now, maybe you never will, but after I get better, after I can be a real Father, I hope you'll accept my apologies.”
I knew deep inside that he meant what he was telling me.
I honestly wanted to hug my Father, my Dad.
“Dad...” I said, not exactly sure what to say next. “Yeah.” he responded. “I'm not entirely sure what to say... but you better not be lying, you better do the things you say you're going to do. I'm looking forward to having you back, to having my real Father back, my Dad I remember from my childhood. I hope you don't screw it all up.”
Right before I was done talking I could feel my voice wanting to crack.
“Ill try hard, you and your Mother will be proud.” he paused, I looked over at him. You could see in his eyes, he begged for forgiveness.
“When are you leaving?” I finally asked. He looked over at me, “I was planning on leaving right after you got out of the car.” he told me. “And you haven't told Mother yet, what am I supposed to tell her!” I asked, “She's going to be freaking out wondering where in the hell you are!” Father pointed his finger at me, “Watch your language, your too young to be using fowl language.”

Are you kidding me?

I pointed my finger at him. “Don't tell me what I'm too young to do.” I said slowly. But also coldly.
He immediately understood what I meant. I could see it in his face he wanted to apologize. “Don't even think about saying sorry.” I told him, still pointing my finger in his face.

“Just tell your Mother the truth.”
“I'm not going to be home after school, I already told you, I won't get home until really late.” I said, slightly shaking my head, “How about you go back home and write her a note, or a letter, a nice long letter explaining everything.” I said.
“Fine.” he said. I started to feel like the adult now.
“Where are you going after school,?” he asked, looking curious, “I thought you said you didn't have friends.”
I wasn't sure wither to tell him about Jordan or not. He might not want me to be friends with boys, but then again... he wasn't going to be in my life for a while.
“I met a boy yesterday on my walk, he just moved here, and he said he would help me with guitar, his names Jordan.” I said, waiting for his reaction.
He started to nod his head. “Nice, he seems like a nice boy... I'll have to meet him when I get back.”
It was really nice to have an actual conversation with my Father, he wasn't drunk, he wasn't even smoking, not even wanting to argue.
I had faith in him, he could get better.
I pressed the volume button, making the clock appear.
8:50
I grabbed my bag from by my feet and placed it in my lap. “I should go.” I told him. “Alright.” he said. “I won't see you for a while, will I?” I said, not saying it as a question, but a statement. He shook his head. “It will be a long while, you'll be so much more grown up.” he said, not even looking at me.
I unlocked the door, and held onto the door handle. “Good luck... Dad.” I told him with a smile, “I really hope it's worth it.”
The look of Hope appeared on his face, “It will be, I promise.” I told me. “Don't go making promises you can't keep.” I told him as I opened the truck door and stepped outside.
“I promise.” he repeated. “I don't want them taking you away from me.”
I placed my bag over my left shoulder, “I'll see ya later.” I said and gave him a little wave before I shut the door.
He better not screw this up.