Status: Complete.

If I Never Hold You

Lucky

I parked in Danny’s driveway then we walked to the front door. I let us both in and we descended the stairs to the basement for the recording studio.

I sat in the studio staring at them all as they played songs they’d had planned out for months. They were supposed to play a show for the school but after our issues, it didn’t happen. They’d been ready for this for a while, they’d said.

“Alright, ready for that solo, Brian?” Matt asked.

“Fuck….no.” we weren’t expecting a no actually so we burst up laughing.

Johnny pats his shoulder, “I got this.”

“Funny, Seward.” Zacky punched his side.

Johnny pouted, “I wasn’t joking.”

Danny and I were spending time together while his dad helped the guys. It was fun watching them do what they wanted to do. I enjoyed every moment of it.

“You wanna sing?” Danny asked, smirking at me when the guys were recording the last song.

“Why?”

“For shits and giggles?”

“Shits and giggles!!” Brian screamed.

Jimmy ran over, “Shits and giggles!” he repeated, kissing my cheek then running back to his drums.

“Hm, nope. I don’t wanna sing here.” My phone began ringing, Ali. “Hey, can you come down to the bar soon?”

“Sure, why, what’s wrong?”

“Well, I have a friend here who’s planning on a date with a guy and she wants to talk to someone else with me.”

“Who is it?”

“You remember Gale, right?” she paused, “She got asked out by Paul.”

“Paul!? What the fuck!?” I snapped. Paul was the whore of the football team. He always got any girl he wanted and he just broke up with his recent whore. Now, don’t get me wrong, Gale is a sweet girl and she’s pretty, but she’s not exactly…his type, shall we say? She’s quiet and distant. Unlike him.

“Yeah, I know. That was my reaction too but she wanted someone to come up and keep her company while she waited for him to show up.” Just like Gale. She always liked being early and waiting but she never wanted to do it alone.

“Well, why does she want me up there? I don’t exactly hang with her much.”

“Yeah, but she hardly has anyone and she asked me who I would bring up if I were her and I said you.”

“Alright. I’ll be up there soon.”

After a few more times with the lyrics, they were done.

“Thanks guys. Just a few minor things I need to do and I’ll take it to work tomorrow. The boss is really pumped to see this.” Danny’s dad said.

“Who wants to go celebrate?” I suggested. “I need to go to the bar anyway for a friend so you guys could just relax.”

“Sounds fantastic!” Matt sighed.

So we all piled in two cars. Me, Johnny, and Brian and Zacky took my car while Matt, Danny and Jimmy took Danny’s car. We were meeting up at the bar; it’s a place the owner knows me because he used to work with my dad. We buy a few drinks usually and he doesn’t bitch. Now, if we got too hammered, he’d have a problem.

That’s exactly what I explained to everyone as we made our way inside.

“So, only one or two beers each, alright? Nothing more.” I spoke. “Hey Grant.” I hugged him before he went behind the counter, pulling out a beer for each of us.

I gazed around, looking for Ali but instead, she jumped over, hugged her boyfriend, and took my hand, stating “she needs you.”

“Well guys, find a booth by us, alright?” I asked at which they nodded.

I sat down by Gale. She had on a black skirt and pale pink shirt, Ali likely dressed her.

“Hey.” She greeted.

I smiled, “what’s up, sweetie?”

She sighed, “I’m waiting for him.”

Ali and I exchanged a look, “do you really like him?”

She shot me a glance then lowered it, “well, yes, but I’m nervous. What if he doesn’t show up?”

I looked over at Johnny who sat a booth ahead of us, laughing with the guys. When he felt me looking, he stared right back, blowing me a kiss, “Oh, I know the feeling. Trust me, he’ll show.”

“He better.” Ali pounded her fist on the table.

Well, we were right. He showed. Ten minutes later, to be exact.

“Hey.” He smiled at us.

“We’ll leave you two alone.” Ali stood.

“We’re right over there.” I whispered to Gale, pointing to our table.

“Thanks.” And she hugged me. I smirked, patting her back then going over to the guys.

The conversation was typical…

“Short shit, did you put salt in my beer?”

“Maybe he put beer in your salt.”

“You’re salt.”

“Yeah, salty!” laughter erupted.

Ali and I exchanged glanced, slapping our hands to our head in unison.

“Hey, looks, babes.” Jimmy pointed to the two of us.

There was silence for a mere moment, then everyone laughed again.

“Look, someone’s gonna sing.” Brian pointed out.

We gazed over at the small stage. It was used on nights like these for karaoke. I’d sung there once or twice. No one really pays attention some nights. Tonight, all eyes were on the man who sang.

The soft melody hit my eardrums soothingly but I wished to hear Avenged Sevenfold on that stage.

The conversation continued through three other performers; songs I’ve never heard before.

Suddenly someone sobbed. I gazed around at my friends to see if someone was crying. Nope.

Gale came over to the table, tears pouring from her eyes, “A-ali, Mel…” she sobbed, “he…he’s gone.”

“What?”

“He left.”

I breathed, “why?”

“He said he wanted sex but when I said no, he cussed me out and stormed out of the bar.”

I sighed, anger beginning to pull at my nerves. “Sweetie, it’s alright.” Ali comforted.

She pulled a chair to the end of our table. All the laughter from before was gone and now nervous and confused expressions hit the guys. They were beginning to understand though as Ali comforted her.

I stood after the performer got off the stage, and I walked to the bar, “Grant, do you care if I sing?”

“Of course not.”

As I walked on the stage, no one was paying attention. All but Johnny sat doing their own thing. Even my friends were staring at Gale or softly talking.

“This next song I’d like to dedicate to a friend.” People glanced over at me, some still watching and others losing eye contact. My friends heard my voice and were not staring, “Here you go, Gale.” She looked at me with her puffy red eyes, tears staining her cheeks and I hoped this song would help. “He was never worth your time, sweetie.”

The music began:

Dust it off, break it down
Get to what we're talkin about
Do what we're talkin about
Don't try to hide it now
Why keep on working it out?
You keep on working it out

'Cause I see how it's putting you down
I just can't be around
What you doing this for?
'Cause the light in you started to fade
Don't let it get away
Girl you're worth so much more


Gale was crying lightly now, calming down a bit and the guys were smiling at me.

Don't waste the pretty on him
Don't waste the pretty on pain
When it gets too much to take
Don't give it away
Don't waste the pretty on life
Soon it's gonna fly on by
Whatever way you got to see
Don't waste the pretty


She smiled sweetly. Eyes were on me now and I felt self-conscious.

Sit back and breathe it in
Look at how lucky we are
Look at how lucky we are
This life we're livin in
You got to follow your heart
You know I'm never too far

Away from the pain in your eyes
I can see your disguise
But it's not too late
'Cause I know you can turn it around
Don't let it get you down
Don't be scared, work it out
And listen when I say

Don't waste the pretty on him
Don't waste the pretty on pain
When it gets too much to take
Don't give it away
Don't waste the pretty on life
Soon it's gonna fly on by
Whatever way you got to see
Don't waste the pretty


Matt seemed to be listening to every word, smirking at me and showing those dimples. Johnny couldn’t look away from me.

And just incase you need reminding
Well you're beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
And every noticed sin, you hide it
'Cause you're beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Don't waste the pretty on him
Don't waste the pretty on pain
When it gets too much to take
Don't give it away
Don't waste the pretty on life
Soon it's gonna fly on by
Whatever way you got to see
Don't waste the pretty

Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't, don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't , don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Yeah you're beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't, don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't , don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty
Don't waste the pretty


When the song was over, I exited the stage while people applauded.

“Does that help, Gale?”

She nodded wholeheartedly. “Thanks.”

We decided it was time to leave and everyone piled in Danny’s car to take them home. I drove Johnny and I home. It’s so strange to say home, and mean the same place…

“Hey, we’re back.” I called.

“How did it go?” Dad asked.

Johnny and he started talking about the recording and how he’s so hopeful…

This was fantastic.

The boys were going to get something spectacular, I just know it.

After another chat, we went to bed.

In the morning, I was woken up at 8. Now, it’s a Saturday, and I don’t want to wake up to my cell phone going off, but it was important, so Danny said.

“You and Johnny get your asses over here! Stat!” and he hung up.

Johnny showered, I had last night, and we were on our way to Danny’s again.

We sat at the kitchen table instead of the basement. This must be important!

“Well, you all know what we did last night.” Danny spoke, “and we know that we graduate soon.” Jimmy cheered, “well…”

His dad entered the room, holding papers, “you’re gonna need to sign these.” He set them down and all five Avenged members looked at them.

“What?” Jimmy spoke up.

“It’s a recording contract!” Danny laughed.

“Congratulations guys, we really liked it and we would love to sign you.” his dad smiled.

Tears filled my eyes. This was their dream and here Danny and I came in handy, helping them accomplish it!

After signing it and whatnot, we all got daiquiris to celebrate.

“To Avenged Sevenfold.” I called.

“To A7X!” Zacky screamed.

We all cheered and drank.

Johnny kissed me eagerly, making me smile. God, how I loved him…

The album was going to be recorded in a real studio, not Danny’s. They would start in a week, and go for as long as it took. I’d be there the entire time as well.

They’re touring after the album. I’m nervous about it because I’m not sure where I’ll be. College? God only knows. But Johnny and the guys told me that if I wanted to go, just say the word. But I’m waiting a bit longer for that. I’m going to tell them when the time comes. It seems better that way. The band is fantastic! A few months after they were signed, people were already hearing about them. They released a song and instantly, people fell in love, as I did. Us girlfriends have been here the entire time, and we will continue to be there.

The band is going places, I can tell you that. They’re fantastic and they’re going to be the support of people around the world…

They’re gonna change lives. But most of all, they’re gonna save lives…just like they did mine.

Look at how lucky we are.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, i know "it's over!?" :(

I'm sorry.

But keep on the lookout. I'm not making a sequel to this (as far as I know) but I AM making another Johnny Christ story.

Also, i have a co-written story with my boyfriend Kyle:
Kyle's character wants Leana and my character cant decide between Johnny or Jimmy (hard choice) lol

it's called All I Can See

I know, it hasn't been updated in a while but that's not my fault. Blame Kyle. He hasn't written in months :P

Love you guys, thanks for reading this story :D

It was so much fun writing about short shit <3

Cuz he's my favorite ♥